Netflix - Don't F with Cats

The Avenger

On 12/29/2019 at 9:43 PM, The Avenger said:

Although you don't see any if the deeply disturbing videos in graphic detail they are described so if you have a tough time with even grasping such dark behavior you might want to pass. If you can handle it this is a really strong documentary  - it's got a lot of people talking. 

I normally would watch this, but I don't think I can with cats.  I love those things and don't think I'd be able to take the beginning.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bbb said:

I normally would watch this, but I don't think I can with cats.  I love those things and don't think I'd be able to take the beginning.  

I was pretty scared when I started watching it that they would actually show some of this stuff, it would be burned into my mind forever and I'd have to turn it off (I had the remote at the ready). You know what he did but you don't see anything graphic - they take you right to the line (at least my line). It reminded me of Schindler's List - you certainly understood the brutality and inhumanity and there were some graphic parts but you are shielded from the most graphic. That scene where they all herded into he showers and you think, there's no way they're going to show this, right? I mean Spielberg's a great director and I can take a lot of stuff but there's absolutely no way I can watch that - I'm closing my eyes and walking out, only to find water comes out and these really are showers. (I hope nobody take offense at this comparison - I am comparing the movies, not equating cats to Holocaust victims). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

People like this need to be removed from society and quite frankly the earth in general. As far as I'm concerned sooner rather than later. 

The Dnepropetrovsk maniacs started by killing and torturing cats and ended being the the most sadistic criminals I've ever heard of.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 12:59 AM, LeGOATski said:

In the neighborhood I grew up in, someone kept killing cats and nailing them to the local church door.

Did they catch the person who was doing that? Because there’s a better than even chance he’s a serial killer. 

On 12/31/2019 at 12:36 PM, bbb said:

Then my advice is don’t watch it. He records the killing of four kittens and posts them on the internet. While the filmmakers don’t show the entirety of the acts themselves, they show enough and it’s beyond horrifying none the less. Beyond comprehension. 

But........it was so popular on Broadway!  ?

I don’t watch disturbing stuff like that without some good reason. I don’t see the reason here. Maybe I missed it, but it seems there has to be a better way to spend my time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, K-9 said:

Then my advice is don’t watch it. He records the killing of four kittens and posts them on the internet. While the filmmakers don’t show the entirety of the acts themselves, they show enough and it’s beyond horrifying none the less. Beyond comprehension. 

I actually have watched the first episode.  It really wasn't that bad, IMO, because you don't see the acts.  

Just now, The Avenger said:

I think you just figured out what the documentary is really about....

I think the documentary was about several things, that aspect being one of them. The research showing the relationship between the killing of animals and serial killers has been known for a while now. From the opening scene of the documentary, we knew that if he hadn’t already killed a person, it was only a matter of time before he graduated.

Psychopaths, especially intelligent ones, don’t always provide tell tale clues like this person. Authorities need to take these acts seriously, investigate, catalogue and monitor individuals who commit them when caught or reported on. 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

I actually have watched the first episode.  It really wasn't that bad, IMO, because you don't see the acts.  

Did you find the documentary interesting?

I still haven't found the time to watch Episode 1, but I did read a few quick review articles.

The documentary is not about the sadistic acts of a cat torturer.  

It's really about human nature as seen through the actions of the mob that forms online to track the guy down and punish him for his evil deeds.  

Sounds very interesting to me.

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I still haven't found the time to watch Episode 1, but I did read a few quick review articles.

It's really about human nature as seen through the actions of the mob that forms online to track the guy down and punish him for his evil deeds.  

So far, I'm not finding it to be either as horrific as described (thankfully) nor as "couldn't stop watching" compelling as described.  I guess I built it up in my head too much.  

40 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That’s only one aspect. And I agree, it’s interesting.

43 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I remember when this happened it was all over the news here in Canada.

It sure was a dark doc that exposed a sick and twisted man.

Only wish they actually fact checked and learned how to say "Etobicoke" correctly lol

missed that one

the dude doing a hit and run on the Toronto Police horse (and it died) was a top news item until the creep turned himself in

17 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I remember when this happened it was all over the news here in Canada.

It sure was a dark doc that exposed a sick and twisted man.

Only wish they actually fact checked and learned how to say "Etobicoke" correctly lol

Yeah - that pronunciation was so bad that if I had just heard it without seeing it spelled out I wouldn't have known what they were talking about - and it's only blocks away from where I've been staying almost weekly working for a client in Toronto. 

• Like (+1) 2