Netflix - Don't F with Cats

The Avenger

Absolutely insane documentary on Netflix called Don't F with Cats....all I can say is wow after being sucked in to watching all 3 parts (about 3 hours in total).

No spoilers but this is a documentary that you can't believe isn't just some sick Hollywood movie. It starts with a sicko posting a movie on the Internet of him killing kittens (you don't see the movie) that launches a campaign by average netizens to find him and bring him to justice and just gets crazier and crazier.

Although you don't see any if the deeply disturbing videos in graphic detail they are described so if you have a tough time with even grasping such dark behavior you might want to pass. If you can handle it this is a really strong documentary  - it's got a lot of people talking. 

Edited by The Avenger

4 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Absolutely insane documentary on Netflix called Don't F with Cats....all I can say is wow after being sucked in to watching all 3 parts (about 3 hours in total).

No spoilers but this is a documentary that you can't believe isn't just some sick Hollywood movie. It starts with a sicko posting a movie on the Internet of him killing kittens (you don't see the movie) that launches a campaign by average netizens to find him and bring him to justice and just gets crazier and crazier.

Although you don't see any if the deeply disturbing videos in graphic detail they are described so if you have a tough time with even grasping such dark behavior you might want to pass. If you can handle it this is a really strong documentary  - it's got a lot of people talking. 

Thanks for mentioning this.  Sounds interesting.

I'll definitely give Part 1 a shot and see how it goes from there.

Im no fan of cats, but I just don't see any reason to kill a harmless animal. I think I may be interested in finding the idiots that torture the cats and give them a bit of thier own medecine, but I would think Karma will take care of it in due time. 

35 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

Im no fan of cats, but I just don't see any reason to kill a harmless animal. I think I may be interested in finding the idiots that torture the cats and give them a bit of thier own medecine, but I would think Karma will take care of it in due time. 

Checkout the movie - cats are just the starting point - it gets more insane as the story progresses....

5 hours ago, The Avenger said:

Checkout the movie - cats are just the starting point - it gets more insane as the story progresses....

I saw it and was surprised I didn't remember the case in the news, but I didn't.  

It was very disturbing.  The initial act was horrifying.

Killing cats was the reason the bubonic plague raged out of control, ravaging Europe killing 30 to 60% of the population. Church declared cats aligned with Satan and evil, the rat population exploded and millions died. Don't ***** with cats indeed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Killing cats was the reason the bubonic plague raged out of control, ravaging Europe killing 30 to 60% of the population. Church declared cats aligned with Satan and evil, the rat population exploded and millions died. Don't ***** with cats indeed.

Now, outdoor cats are an ecological disaster:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/moral-cost-of-cats-180960505/

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21236690

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

33 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

What about all the rodents they kill? Get rid of cats and the plague will rage again.

Also, cats do kill birds but so do windmills and cats don't cause ear cancer or destroy your property value. ?

38 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

What about all the rodents they kill? Get rid of cats and the plague will rage again.

Also, cats do kill birds but so do windmills and cats don't cause ear cancer or destroy your property value. ?

No it won't.  We have better sanitation (by a zillion miles more) practices today. 

I got 2 cats, had 3.  I'd give them 1/2 a day before a coyote got to them... Maybe 2 days with the one... He's a bit smarter than others.

And wasn't the Plague caused by fleas?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No it won't.  We have better sanitation (by a zillion miles more) practices today. 

I got 2 cats, had 3.  I'd give them 1/2 a day before a coyote got to them... Maybe 2 days with the one... He's a bit smarter than others.

Yes, fleas transmitted the plague. The rats carried the fleas. Recent studies suggest poor hygiene amongst the humans of the day who also carried the fleas was a big factor. I was only kidding about the plague raging again. Modern medicine, sanitation and hygiene would keep it from getting out of hand.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

1 hour ago, Turk71 said:

Yes, fleas transmitted the plague. The rats carried the fleas. Recent studies suggest poor hygiene amongst the humans of the day who also carried the fleas was a big factor. I was only kidding about the plague raging again. Modern medicine, sanitation and hygiene would keep it from getting out of hand.

People don’t let their cats out to roam suburbia much anymore.  That could help explain why the wild rabbit population is booming.   I also wonder if cats could slow the advance of Lyme disease by killing the mice that are part of the tick’s life cycle.  There’s always a trade off....

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

People don’t let their cats out to roam suburbia much anymore.  That could help explain why the wild rabbit population is booming.   I also wonder if cats could slow the advance of Lyme disease by killing the mice that are part of the tick’s life cycle.  There’s always a trade off....

Or bring the tick indoors and spread it more?  Is that possible?

• Sad 1