Baker Arguing with Bengal Fans. "Come down and say it to my face. Wow

JerseyBills

11 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Actually, I read an article recently that talked about how the Browns didn't recognize they had it right all already at the end of the season before tehy blew it up. Mayfield was thriving with Kitchens as the OC and Greg as the HC, should have stuck with that instead of moving Kitchens up to HC and letting Greg go. If theres one thing about Greg, he seems to run a tight ship that would keep some of these guys in line instead of Kitchens Frat House atmosphere that seemed to be going on.

Zamprese left. Couldn’t cover for Kitchens anymore and therefore Baker regressed

https://apnews.com/bac3b6944d7c47aaac3603b4e7179da0

Edited by MAJBobby

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Actually all those things were true. Problem was he thought he made it. Didn’t work hard enough to improve and attack the thing that every QB must continue to fight....  film. Growth mindset? Negative. 

I was quite adamant last season was his peak. Even as a rookie. That’s as good as baker can play. 
Of course I can be wrong, but I just never seen anything special from him. His best wasn’t THAT good. Just a smaller Tannehill in my opinion. But I could always be wrong, I’m no professional and his career isn’t over. But wow did he take a huge step back this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I was quite adamant last season was his peak. Even as a rookie. That’s as good as baker can play. 
Of course I can be wrong, but I just never seen anything special from him. His best wasn’t THAT good. Just a smaller Tannehill in my opinion. But I could always be wrong, I’m no professional and his career isn’t over. But wow did he take a huge step back this year. 

It wasn’t that good when you drilled down to who he beat and where his TD volume was. He was 1-5 vs playoff teams. But I won’t take that record away from him, he was a rookie. He looked really good at times. But he had a ton to work on, and he admitted  he didn’t put that work in. Obj skipping OTAs didn’t help because those two were rarely in synch.

• Like (+1) 1

I gotta say, I have always had a soft spot in my sports heart for the Browns....great fans, and I have great empathy for them.  I have always pulled for them, when their fortunes didn't intersect with the Bills.  I must say, though, this current edition of the team is about as unlikable a team as I can remember, in some time, anywhere.  Mayfield is a dip-*****.  Jarvis Landry and OBJ are both very talented (would love to have a guy with the talent Landry has, in Buffalo), but both insufferable douches.  Not to mention, they changed from one of the all-time classic uniforms, to these hideous togs..they look like tootsie-rolls. And now, they are going through another coach...I think Kitchens is a pretty bad head coach, and his firing is warranted...but he never should have been hired in the first place.

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So glad to see Baker and the Browns fail. Again. I remember quite a few on here insisting the Browns we’re heading up two years ago with Dorsey and Baker. And those of us who said the Browns are the Browns were derided. Glad to see the Brownies right where they deserve to be. Again. 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would fight Baker.

i’d pay to see it.

realistically though this is on brand for him. Everyone knew he was fiery and not necessarily a good idea PR-wise. He was drafted for his drive and his talent and he flashed that last season, before the coaching situation was F’ed beyond belief and before they brought in diva talent to supplement him. 

There probably needs to be a culling of egos in cleveland if Baker’s ever going to succeed there, but the circus starts at the top and the Haslems are crooks, no doubt about it. So i don’t see Baker thriving there.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will ever really stay in line. It’s who he is. People don’t change. What changes is his circumstances and whether people see it as “fiery and competitive (when he’s playing well and the team is winning) or childish and obnoxious (when he’s not and they’re not) 

I don't know if Baker will change.

There used to be talk to the effect that Jim Kelly was not a  likeable guy when he first reported to One Bills Drive, and that he learned to consider the feelings of his teammates and at least outwardly, share credit more and assume fault personally.

I believe I heard similar stuff about Big Ben.

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yeah but that’s they type of fiery/slightly unprofessional personality that comes with Baker.  They knew it when they drafted him.

The problem is, there’s no leadership or “culture” to make sure he stays in line.  If Haslam is going to turn things around, he needs to bring in a strong leader to fix things around there.  
I would not hire another inexperienced 1st year coach.

I also think he needs to clean up the front office,  

I don't think you can make sure a QB, who by nature of the position is the "face of the franchise" and always thrust in front of the media, "stays in line".  The cameras and microphones are always on.  It has to be internally driven - he has to be persuaded it's in his interest to change certain behaviors. 

That's what I mean when I say I don't know if Baker will change.  Having this "Baker vs the World" mentality and keeping a sort of "enemies list" of all those who have dissed or doubted him seems to be intrinsic to how he motivates himself.  So you would have to persuade him that there are better or more effective ways to motivate himself.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wow!! Not professional, he needs a head coach who knows how to reign him in . On the other hand the more weaker teams out there the better for us down the road.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

This is disturbing for Browns fan. He really might continue to decline.

clearlyvery weak minded , allowing opponent fans to get in his head w/ teammates behind him?

That's a terrible look and concerning for his future

and getting schooled by the fans, lol, terrible.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Yeah but that’s they type of fiery/slightly unprofessional personality that comes with Baker.  They knew it when they drafted him.

The problem is, there’s no leadership or “culture” to make sure he stays in line.  If Haslam is going to turn things around, he needs to bring in a strong leader to fix things around there.  

I would not hire another inexperienced 1st year coach.

I also think he needs to clean up the front office,  

they do but lets hope not.

3 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

What a douchecanoe. I hope Josh gets all of his endorsement deals next year.

i dont, josh needs to stay focused.

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Baker Mayfield is the dope we all thought he was...

Image result for baker mayfield cops gif

that officer was suspended for illegal hit to the QB and targeting :lol:

I told my daughter that Cleveland has gone from dumpster fire to hellfire spewing fissure to hell.  Other posters have it right.  No culture, no accountability.  Look at Allen's response after the first NE game.  He owned it, and worked on it.  This...dude...you just lost to the team drafting first, with a roster that had so-called analysts annointing you champions in the preseason.  You deserve to be mocked for it.  Suck it up Buttercup, take some responsibility.  Take tyour team by the stones and turn that ship around.