Baker Arguing with Bengal Fans. "Come down and say it to my face. Wow

JerseyBills

On 12/29/2019 at 10:40 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Actually all those things were true. Problem was he thought he made it. Didn’t work hard enough to improve and attack the thing that every QB must continue to fight....  film. Growth mindset? Negative. 

This is fact.  FWIW I hear that he realizes that he screwed up for pretty much exactly that reason.  He thought it would be easier this year and it wasn’t.  It also didn’t help that he got crushed by Kitchens’ incompetence.  People wonder why the Browns did well in so many games on their first drive or two, then fell apart offensively.  It was because the OC, Monken, scripted a couple series worth of plays every game.  Then Kitchens took over.

The good news for Baker and the Browns is that Mayfield has what it takes to be their FQB.  He needs to dig in and properly prepare.  I fully expect that to happen.  The bad news is that the Browns also need to get their organization in order and get the right people in the right places.  That is far, far less likely. 

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

This is fact.  FWIW I hear that he realizes that he screwed up for pretty much exactly that reason.  He thought it would be easier this year and it wasn’t.  It also didn’t help that he got crushed by Kitchens’ incompetence.  People wonder why the Browns did well in so many games on their first drive or two, then fell apart offensively.  It was because the OC, Monken, scripted a couple series worth of plays every game.  Then Kitchens took over.

The good news for Baker and the Browns is that Mayfield has what it takes to be their FQB.  He needs to dig in and properly prepare.  I fully expect that to happen.  The bad news is that the Browns also need to get their organization in order and get the right people in the right places.  That is far, far less likely. 

I mean people can say it was all Kitchens.  He was obviously in over his head as a  HC with that kind of locker room...but wasn't Kitchens the OC of Baker last year?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So do I.  I have about 100 at my gym.

was thinking about a team ditching its QB, could only come up with the Bears turning their backs on Flutie when Dexter Manley was offside and continued to tackle anyway in that playoff game

53 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean people can say it was all Kitchens.  He was obviously in over his head as a  HC with that kind of locker room...but wasn't Kitchens the OC of Baker last year?

For part of the season. He was RB coach and then when Todd Haley got fired, he became OC. He still called all the plays this year. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think players should be able to fight fans.  Fans talk way too reckless. 

i know you are joking, but Baker might be the one NFL player I wouldn’t run away from in a dark alley.

I also have no talked trash to a professional athlete.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

i know you are joking, but Baker might be the one NFL player I wouldn’t run away from in a dark alley.

I also have no talked trash to a professional athlete.

Oh I agree.  I’ve never booed player.  It’s weird that some fans just get so reckless when they talk to other grown men (this wasn’t that bad).  

but the world would be better if you talked ?, get hit. You can say whatever you want as long as the person you’re saying it to can do what they want without penalty.

3 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just wear your flip flops, he will run away in a horrified fashion.   ☠️

Im wearing flip flops now.

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

was thinking about a team ditching its QB, could only come up with the Bears turning their backs on Flutie when Dexter Manley was offside and continued to tackle anyway in that playoff game

Row...I was 4 when this happened.  Were you 45?

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

He was the OC the second half of the season and Baker and the Browns offense did very well for those 8 games.  That’s what got him the job.  But he was in way over his head as HC - especially also calling offensive plays. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/30/2019 at 8:48 AM, Captain Hindsight said:

I do think Mayfield needs to become more professional overall. Someone posted a picture of him at the beginning of the year and end of year with his press conferences. I don't think you need to wear a suit, but if you are the face of the franchise, you should look and act like it. 

He seriously wore some wrinkled, coffee stained white tshirt that he found under his mattress (I'm assuming that Baker still sleeps on a mattress on the floor)

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh I agree.  I’ve never booed player.  It’s weird that some fans just get so reckless when they talk to other grown men (this wasn’t that bad).  

but the world would be better if you talked ?, get hit. You can say whatever you want as long as the person you’re saying it to can do what they want without penalty.

Drunken fool says something derogatory to a professional athlete, athlete knocks his head off his shoulders. Common place!!? I think you should forward your idea to the guy that created the Purge movies. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think players should be able to fight fans.  Fans talk way too reckless. 

That’s funny, ? wouldn’t be surprised if the dough boy got his butt whipped...

12 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so should we expect "mea culpas" from the TBD "experts" who highly touted him and chastised OBD for woefully missing?........um...er...oh....well.....crickets......

Um...who did that?

Most of us can count to at least three

Baker was drafted #1

You "miss" on a player you had a chance to draft and didn't pull the trigger.  I ain't listen' em here

• Haha (+1) 2