Baker Arguing with Bengal Fans. "Come down and say it to my face. Wow

JerseyBills

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is this part about?

" “There is always room to improve and take things from there and there, but I would not say that I will go on the beach and swim through the ocean and try and learn how to play quarterback by doing that.”

It kind of sounds like a "dig" at Allen and Darnold who have rented a beach house together near Jordan Palmer the last 2 off seasons.

Full section Here:

"....... he seemed locked in on his offseason priorities, both when he gathers offensive players to work together and when he’s on his own.

“I already know what exactly I need to work on and improve going forward,” Mayfield said. “That is the exciting thing about it, it is always a continual process of getting better and improving.”

Mayfield said he will study his technique and try to improve his footwork, but not with a private quarterback coach.

“I do not need somebody to teach me how to do a three-step drop,” Mayfield said. “I can look at film and be critical of myself. Throughout this process, I have had people help me out along the way and try and take things from different people. Anytime I am around somebody, I ask questions. Do not act like I have it all figured out.

“There is always room to improve and take things from there and there, but I would not say that I will go on the beach and swim through the ocean and try and learn how to play quarterback by doing that.”

Browns offensive coordinator Todd Monken knows that players can benefit from hiring what he called “trainers.”

“You have it at all positions. Some are strength and conditioning. Some are technical,” Monken said. “All of it is good; people that dedicate their time and their livelihood to improve players’ performance on the field. But there is a difference between tutoring and training and then what we have to do, which is be held accountable for their actions.”

Mayfield’s flawed footwork has affected his accuracy, but he said he doesn’t need a quarterback guru to help him work on that."

I am so glad they took Baker and not Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

don't think you can make sure a QB, who by nature of the position is the "face of the franchise" and always thrust in front of the media, "stays in line".  The cameras and microphones are always on.  It has to be internally driven - he has to be persuaded it's in his interest to change certain behaviors. 

Meh it's 100% on the coach IMO. GM brings the talent, coach reigns in the egos. The QB leads in the locker room and we can't really determine how he's doing in that facet from media narratives running wild off random things caught on video. 

It looked like they responded last year and not so much this year. He may have the leadership skills, might not, but I'd start with getting rid of the common denominator of Kitchens and see if Baker can get the locker room back. I certainly wouldn't let the difficult ego QB select a coach with zero resume and influence the franchise as much as he did last year in selecting Kitchens. For now I'm seeing this as all Kitchens' fault.

For example the criticism of all the commercials he's in is silly. He's taking money where he can get it, who wouldn't do that. And if a coach is unhappy about it, plenty of coaches have instructed players to choose the gridiron over TV. Heard stories about Peyton's Colts and Tom Coughlin operating that way.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

Just now, KayAdams said:

This is super entertaining! If I launched my own spin-off show called "Good Morning Baker Mayfield," or GMBM, and focused exclusively on his career meltdown, would y'all turn in? The show's acronym, GMBM, would work on multiple levels. I welcome your feedback.

I have a Good Morning BM every day. Right after my coffee.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, KayAdams said:

This is super entertaining! If I launched my own spin-off show called "Good Morning Baker Mayfield," or GMBM, and focused exclusively on his career meltdown, would y'all turn in? The show's acronym, GMBM, would work on multiple levels. I welcome your feedback.

This is truly, one of your better posts