Baker Arguing with Bengal Fans. "Come down and say it to my face. Wow

JerseyBills

11 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

Pthpth. What kind of garbage-ass franchise let’s THAT happen to themselves?

yeah it’s ownership. Nothin they can do about it. Unless and until they sell the team. Let’s hope the Haslems see the light like the Wilpons did. Or at least hope for browns fans they do.

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t think he will ever really stay in line. It’s who he is. People don’t change. What changes is his circumstances and whether people see it as “fiery and competitive (when he’s playing well and the team is winning) or childish and obnoxious (when he’s not and they’re not) 

What Mayfield says to fans in the front row will never have any impact on his career, one way or the other.

What will is his on-field performance.

5 hours ago, thronethinker said:

Thats about as juvenile response as he can come up with..

Evidently he is very thin-skinned. I read that he keeps track of the people who criticize or don't believe in him, a vengeful, insecure, egotistical  narcissist.

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

No easy task, given what a douche nozzle Winston is. Congrats, Baker. ‘Good’ things come to those who work hard!

Watching Kitchen's presser after the game today I was amazed at how inarticulate and unintelligent he seemed to be. Hard to imagine he was interviewed for a job that pays millions and Cleveland decided that he's our guy. The Browns are a disaster.

The guy is incredibly unlikeable.

Keeping an enemies list of eveyone who vaguely said anything critical against him =" asshat"  (admittedly it appears many posters here do the say thing for Josh Allen)

Calling Daniel Jones a loser before ever meeting him = "asshat"

Planting the OU flag at OSU = "asshat"

Grabbing his nuts against Kansas = "asshat"

Swearing at reporters after a lost = "asshat"  (I know a whole lot of athletes would like to do this but they have more self-control)

Threatening to fight fans at bengals game = "asshat"

Blaming referees for a lost after throwing three interceptions = "asshat"

Coming in overweight to training camp = "complacent asshat"

At least you won't have to worry about him working out with Josh Allen and Sam Darnold this off-season: "I do not need anyone to teach me how to do a three step drop"

https://247sports.com/Article/Baker-Mayfield-says-he-does-not-need-quarterback-tutor-Cleveland-Browns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Football-141139689/

I'm not saying he is a bust yet -- base on his history he is going to be working really hard in the off-season and perhaps with competent coaching he will get his game back.  However, he is probably the only player I ever hoped would fail.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 4

I don't think the comparison with Manziel is the best one.

Manziel's whole college career was based on running around and throwing pop flies to Mike Evans.  I feel Mayfield is much more talented.  

Also all of Mayfield's incidents are him attacking other people.  Johnny Football, on the other hand, did things like dressing up a wig and sneaking off to Las Vegas before a game --which is a whole lot funnier.   Someone mentioned before the better comparison is with Ryan Leaf -- I agree and so does Ryan Leaf

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/watch-former-nfl-bust-ryan-leaf-compares-baker-mayfields-career-to-his-own

38 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The guy is incredibly unlikeable.

Keeping an enemies list of eveyone who vaguely said anything critical against him =" asshat"  (admittedly it appears many posters here do the say thing for Josh Allen)

Calling Daniel Jones a loser before ever meeting him = "asshat"

Planting the OU flag at OSU = "asshat"

Grabbing his nuts against Kansas = "asshat"

Swearing at reporters after a lost = "asshat"  (I know a whole lot of athletes would like to do this but they have more self-control)

Threatening to fight fans at bengals game = "asshat"

Blaming referees for a lost after throwing three interceptions = "asshat"

Coming in overweight to training camp = "complacent asshat"

At least you won't have to worry about him working out with Josh Allen and Sam Darnold this off-season: "I do not need anyone to teach me how to do a three step drop"

https://247sports.com/Article/Baker-Mayfield-says-he-does-not-need-quarterback-tutor-Cleveland-Browns-Oklahoma-Sooners-Football-141139689/

I'm not saying he is a bust yet -- base on his history he is going to be working really hard in the off-season and perhaps with competent coaching he will get his game back.  However, he is probably the only player I ever hoped would fail.

There's a reason I call him faker.