Kitchens sinks.

Coach Tuesday

Had an extended Christmas with in-laws today.Mentioned that tomorrow was Black Monday and I questioned whether Kitchens would make it past the night game. Question answered. 

I almost never feel good about someone losing their job - there was one exception from my office.  Black Monday is part  of the NFL but in addition to the head coaches that will be let go tomorrow, their coaching staffs will face a lot of uncertainty. Wouldn't wish that on anyone, much less this time of year.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, bigbuffs said:

Coaching Carousel in Cleveland continues. Browns recent coaching history: Eric Mangini, 2 years, Pat Shurmur, 2 years, Rob Chudzinski, 1 year, Mike Pettine, 2 years, Hue Jackson, 2.5 years, Freddie Kitchens, 1 year. Isn't this the definition of insanity?

All guys who either failed in prior head coaching gigs or were first time head coaches.

12 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

So team building and culture are not over rated it seems.  No one is successful in Cleveland because they are a collection of players with no culture to bind them to improve.

Plus they drafted a chud like Mayfield and brought that weirdo OBJ into the fold -- and figured that it would be all kumbaya.  I'm not sure if one can follow a process or build a culture if one lacks situational awareness in the first place.

Edited by Groin

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

Trying to make a team out of all those egos....

Two coaches down... next.

See the source image

Is that sh-ts creek?

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Groin said:

Plus they drafted a chud like Mayfield and brought that weirdo OBJ into the fold -- and figured that it would be all kumbaya.  I'm not sure if one can follow a process or build a culture if one lacks situational awareness in the first place.

Dorsey somehow escaping criticism but he traded away one of the best RGs in the league for Olivier Vernon who was mostly non impactful due to injury and a 1st rounder for  obj - and they threw for less yards than last year ...

Kitchens sinks because Kitchens stinks!

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i don't know that Dorsey should survive this gut.

Seriously?  A guy who brought in the biggest influx of talent any team has seen in years should be fired? Now if Kitchens was his choice,  then that's a big negative mark. But with a competent coach (and a different QB) this team could really be special. Hell they could be special with Baker with the right coach who could humble him a bit. 

2 hours ago, bigbuffs said:

I don't know much about him but would anyone have interest in bringing Freddie here if Daboll were to leave for whatever reason? Would he be better than Dabo?

WTF are you talking about? Does Kitchens seem like a process guy to you? Does he seem bright enough to coach this team?

2 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

as is the problem in washington, cincinnati and a few other places, the problem in cleveland is ownership. Unfortunately that’s the only guy that can’t get fired.

Thank you God that the Pegulas have things under control. PTL.

17 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I would have though Cleveland would give Kitchens more than one year.  I guess that is why Cleveland is what they are.

I'd typically agree. But Kitchens seems to be so far over his head as HC I think it had to be done. 

Rarely do I put much stock in a press release, but I thin the Browns' was spot on:  Ownership" ...did not see the success or opportunities for improvement to move forward with him as our head coach". Doesn't get any clearer than that. 

I almost referred to him as a meathead coach. But perhaps it would be better to call him the  plant-based version of a meathead. An impossible burger of a HC.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I almost referred to him as a meathead coach. But perhaps it would be better to call him the  plant-based version of a meathead. An impossible burger of a HC.

LOL.  Very creative, I like that analogy.

2 hours ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

it's not real until booger says so:

"by firing freddie, the Browns are saying they no longer want him to be the coach"

That is one insightful Booger! 

What good candidate lines up to work in that clown show? 

38 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Blow it all up!

Fire the OWNER!!!!