Kitchens sinks.

Coach Tuesday

Seriously?  A guy who brought in the biggest influx of talent any team has seen in years should be fired? Now if Kitchens was his choice,  then that's a big negative mark. But with a competent coach (and a different QB) this team could really be special. Hell they could be special with Baker with the right coach who could humble him a bit. 

Dorsey brought in all that talent by using up all the resources that the analytics guys Sashi Brown and Paul DePodesta acquired.  He did it without any apparent strategy or regard to fit -- Tyrod for a 3rd rounder wasn't the only bad trade he made.  He has totally neglected the offensive line and he hired an absolutely unexperienced head coach to appease a rookie quarterback.

I didn't think he would be fired but it was certainly a possibility.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Seriously?  A guy who brought in the biggest influx of talent any team has seen in years should be fired? Now if Kitchens was his choice,  then that's a big negative mark. But with a competent coach (and a different QB) this team could really be special. Hell they could be special with Baker with the right coach who could humble him a bit. 

Bringing in talent =/= building a team. You'd like to think that any fan of the Bills who survived the disaster that was Doug Whaley's tenure would understand that.

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Bringing in talent =/= building a team. You'd like to think that any fan of the Bills who survived the disaster that was Doug Whaley's tenure would understand that.

Hardly a disaster. The three years he was in control the Bills were a .500 football team despite at least two years of atrocious coaching. That isn't to say Doug was a good GM. There is just a difference between "disaster" which I would class the Modrak / Levy / figurehead Brandon years as and "not good enough" which is where I would say Doug was.

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Dorsey somehow escaping criticism but he traded away one of the best RGs in the league for Olivier Vernon who was mostly non impactful due to injury and a 1st rounder for  obj - and they threw for less yards than last year ...

I'm not sure if anybody in that moribund organization is devoid of criticism, but there's no question that Dorsey studied the bus schedule then threw Kitchens underneath it when it arrived.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have no idea what they were thinking making this guy a head coach. He may have a good mind for offense..I don't know. He's not mature enough, he's not a leader and he's emotional which aren't great qualities for a head coach.

True words, but this is the same organization that made Sashi Brown its de facto GM.  Before Sashi Brown was the GM, he was general counsel for the Jags.  He had no other NFL experience before that.

This is the Browns in vivid and living color.  I used to wonder why the Bills kept rolling out guys like Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey and Marrone and now it's crystal clear as to why these things happen; it's because no HC or GM of quality wants to soil their reputation by attaching themselves to horrible organizations.

17 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I have no idea what they were thinking making this guy a head coach. He may have a good mind for offense..I don't know. He's not mature enough, he's not a leader and he's emotional which aren't great qualities for a head coach.

because he said he wouldn't keep doing free cable installs if they didn't 

• Haha (+1) 2

On 12/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, Foxx said:

i don't know that Dorsey should survive this gut.

...Seriously?  A guy who brought in the biggest influx of talent any team has seen in years should be fired? Now if Kitchens was his choice,  then that's a big negative mark. But with a competent coach (and a different QB) this team could really be special. Hell they could be special with Baker with the right coach who could humble him a bit. ...

seriously.

Browns meeting with GM Dorsey; job status in doubt

Edited by Foxx