Trent Murphy bonus

Chicharito

From Sportrac:

Trent Murphy signed a 3 year, $22,500,000 contract with the Buffalo Bills, including a $5,250,000 signing bonus, $10,375,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $7,500,000. In 2019, Murphy will earn a base salary of $5,800,000, a roster bonus of $906,250, a workout bonus of $100,000 and a incentive bonus of $150,000, while carrying a cap hit of $8,706,250 and a dead cap value of $6,600,000.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Why, perfect rotation guy...

Eh a perfect rotation guy is solid on fundamentals and playing his job

Murphy gets fooled on 7-10 playfakes .. Shaq has actually snuffed out 7-10 .. I much rather resign him and sign another free agent

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No, he continually got beat in run plays and was unable to hold the edge . The sacks he got were coverage sacks. Sorry, I’m not a pitch fork fan. I watch games and analyze what I see. Murphy has no jump off the ball and he can’t control the point of attach on run plays. He isn’t worth $7mil and no Hughes isn’t worth $11.5 mil probably. But with the cap amounts constantly creeping up, salaries will too. Personally I’d love to see the Bills address DE in the draft very early as well as FA. I trust Beane to do the right thing.

I don't totally agree with your assessments but that cool's and opinionated on both sides. 

We are not over paying Murphy. If he walked tomorrow he would have the exact same structured contract somewhere else or prob make even more on another team.

If he played a full time DE snap count roll, his stats would be out producing his current contract $$$ wise. 

That said, I much rather keep Lawson. 

Edited by Real McNasty

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

No, he continually got beat in run plays and was unable to hold the edge . The sacks he got were coverage sacks. Sorry, I’m not a pitch fork fan. I watch games and analyze what I see. Murphy has no jump off the ball and he can’t control the point of attach on run plays. He isn’t worth $7mil and no Hughes isn’t worth $11.5 mil probably. But with the cap amounts constantly creeping up, salaries will too. Personally I’d love to see the Bills address DE in the draft very early as well as FA. I trust Beane to do the right thing.

assuming all else stays generally the same, we need a DE1, WR1, and RB2 this offseason. 

Whether draft, trade or free agency- its a crossroads where the price doesn’t matter much if they can land true immediate impact players.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

A crap ton of money?

Trent Murphy makes $7M AAV and had 5 sacks in a rotational role for Buffalo.

By contrast, Trey Flowers makes $18M AAV and had 7 sacks for Detroit in a full-time role.

Trent is generally paid on par with his production--he doesn't make a crap ton relative to his position.

Boom......nailed it.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

assuming all else stays generally the same, we need a DE1, WR1, and RB2 this offseason. 

Whether draft, trade or free agency- its a crossroads where the price doesn’t matter much if they can land true immediate impact players.

Indeed.

I really think that there's potential to get some big-name EDGE guys in trades this offseason.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of Calais Campbell, Von Miller, or Chandler Jones got moved.

39 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

My Father in law works for the bills and just told me that when Trent got his 2nd sack today he earned a 1 million dollar bonus. I can’t believe he made a bonus at 5 sacks in a season. This guy really got the bills for a crap ton of money .

Who is your father in law and what does he do?

XtHQKml.gif?noredirect

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

True. 
I think Beane and McDermott believe defensive rookies can impact the game more than offensive ones. It’s hard to argue this belief.

The combo against running teams with Murphy and Lawson vs. Hughes worked better than the rotation of Murphy/Lawson, and Hughes.  Hughes is making quite a bit for someone not performing like he used to do.  They probably keep Hughes as they take a hit financially, and WR, and DE, are two of the highest paid positions in free agency or trades.  It‘s much more likely we draft both positions as well as drafting a hammer for a RB, and I think TE opposite Knox, and cut Kroft.

53 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

My Father in law works for the bills and just told me that when Trent got his 2nd sack today he earned a 1 million dollar bonus. I can’t believe he made a bonus at 5 sacks in a season. This guy really got the bills for a crap ton of money .

No wonder he looked so excited. I really hope he is not on the team next year has to be somebody better out there

55 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Murphy doesn't get paid that much...

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

The combo against running teams with Murphy and Lawson vs. Hughes worked better than the rotation of Murphy/Lawson, and Hughes.  Hughes is making quite a bit for someone not performing like he used to do.  They probably keep Hughes as they take a hit financially, and WR, and DE, are two of the highest paid positions in free agency or trades.  It‘s much more likely we draft both positions as well as drafting a hammer for a RB, and I think TE opposite Knox, and cut Kroft.

we have a TON to spend. If drafting Both WR and DE, where are you spending?

29 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He made 7mill this year and out produced Hughes who made 11.5mill.

Bills fans love to pitch fork one or 2 players with zero context.

Thing is Shaq had equally same year.... who is much younger and still has a ton of game left. Do you basically sign Shaq long term handing him Murphy’s money basically, $7M annually? 5 yr $30-35M...?  I just don’t see a lot of game left in Murphy.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I'm hoping they use the #1 pick on DE, prefer that to WR as easier to find good WR in FA than DE.  That's why we're paying Murphy what we are for what we get.  Having said that think it will come down to either Lawson or Murphy is back. That leaves one of these two, Hughes, rookie, and maybe Johnson take the 4th spot like this year assuming some additional improvement in run defense.

9 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Thing is Shaq had equally same year.... who is much younger and still has a ton of game left. Do you basically sign Shaq long term handing him Murphy’s money basically, $7M annually? 5 yr $30-35M...?  I just don’t see a lot of game left in Murphy.

I bet Shaq walks, and ends up getting $10-$12/yr

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

we have a TON to spend. If drafting Both WR and DE, where are you spending?

Good question.  We resign like the Eagles do players we want earlier as the price always goes up, such as Lawson, Milano, White, any of the decent O-Lineman who either not under contract, or only have one more year.  Then we have a better handle on what we want to do with our investments and save some for the following year, and the year after as Allen will cost money in a couple of years when he’s ready.

I don’t know who to go after as we don’t have a clue who will really be available or will be tagged and do we want to trade away top draft picks, or do what Beane has done in the past and bundle picks to move up to get better quality.  We have 9 picks.  If we end up with 7 potentially solid guys, that would be awesome.  I’m not against a high priced free agent if available if has a healthy history, younger in their career, and has runway with us.  I could be one of those positions, or it could be in another spot.