Trent Murphy bonus

Chicharito

My Father in law works for the bills and just told me that when Trent got his 2nd sack today he earned a 1 million dollar bonus. I can’t believe he made a bonus at 5 sacks in a season. This guy really got the bills for a crap ton of money .

[Mod Edit: the amount of the bonus has been disputed.  It is still a nice chunk of change, but may be only $150,000]

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You can't be elite at every position. He's as good or slightly better than replacement IMO. How much he gets paid doesn't matter unless it handicaps the team's salary cap. If it doesn't, then it's a personal issue between the fan and how much money another person makes. 

8 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Say what you want Trent had a good season.   He will be back next year. 

He was OK this season but at his salary, I doubt he'll be back.  He'd save the Bills $7.2M.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

He was OK this season but at his salary, I doubt he'll be back.  He'd save the Bills $7.2M.

Restructure

6 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

What’s the definition of a perfect rotation guy? A guy you wouldn’t pay starters money too? 

Exactly, but give you more production then what they are paid for...

22 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

My Father in law works for the bills and just told me that when Trent got his 2nd sack today he earned a 1 million dollar bonus. I can’t believe he made a bonus at 5 sacks in a season. This guy really got the bills for a crap ton of money .

A crap ton of money?

Trent Murphy makes $7M AAV and had 5 sacks in a rotational role for Buffalo.

By contrast, Trey Flowers makes $18M AAV and had 7 sacks for Detroit in a full-time role.

Trent is generally paid on par with his production--he doesn't make a crap ton relative to his position.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

What's your father in law's name?  What does he do for the Bills?  Is his daughter hot?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Yeah I don't think this is true.  All the contract sites don't mention this incentive.  Also I think someone else would have confirmed it

1 minute ago, Real McNasty said:

He made 7mill this year and out produced Hughes who made 11.5mill.

Bills fans love to pitch fork one or 2 players with zero context.

No, he continually got beat in run plays and was unable to hold the edge . The sacks he got were coverage sacks. Sorry, I’m not a pitch fork fan. I watch games and analyze what I see. Murphy has no jump off the ball and he can’t control the point of attach on run plays. He isn’t worth $7mil and no Hughes isn’t worth $11.5 mil probably. But with the cap amounts constantly creeping up, salaries will too. Personally I’d love to see the Bills address DE in the draft very early as well as FA. I trust Beane to do the right thing.

4 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Yeah I don't think this is true.  All the contract sites don't mention this incentive.  Also I think someone else would have confirmed it

He was more excited after his 2nd sack than I've ever noticed him as a Bill. Odd for the game situation.

• Like (+1) 1