The Bills beat 1 winning team and 1 play-off team

PUNT750

31 minutes ago, LB48 said:

Those defenses in '98 and '99 were far superior to what we have now.  As it is now we don't have a QB that can WIN a game rather than just manage it.

Different league then , too. The overall quality of defensive play is far inferior to ‘98 and ‘99 as well. You can’t even really play defense like you could at that time. The D will have to have a day, but they’ve done that pretty much all season. We don’t know if Allen can win a game outright or not because they’ve barely let him try. He may not have to this week, if the defense is up to their usual standard. If the situation arises that he needs to go win it, I don’t think you’ll see reluctance to let him in a playoff game. There’s no game the next week if you don’t. It’s a new season, really. 

10-6 is a good record and the Bills are in the playoffs.  It is a whole new season now and the Bills have a chance of advancing in the playoffs for the first time in forever.  Though this is not a very complete team, they're done much better on the road than at home in the regular season; hopefully this continues.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

The Titans in week #5.  The 'signature' wins came against 8-8 teams in the Cowboys and Steelers. We finished 4-4 at HOME. 

WHAT - ME WORRY?

Oh boy...another troll.  And I am sure you will say you "love the Bills" and "they will lose....but I hope I am wrong!!!".  Go away.

3 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

The Titans in week #5.  The 'signature' wins came against 8-8 teams in the Cowboys and Steelers. We finished 4-4 at HOME. 

WHAT - ME WORRY?

Well if you look at it different, the Cowboys and the Steelers are each 8-7 if we didn’t play them and beat them.

And they’d both be in the playoffs if we didn’t play them and beat them.

So we beat three teams with winning records and kept two of them out.

And we beat each of them on the road.

GO BILLS!!!!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Board is a bit harsh on OP.

my interpretation is that,  given their record against the best teams on their schedule and their sort of petering out a bit in December,  he is worried about their chances against Houston 

No....that is how ppl are taking it.

You can only play the teams on your schedule.....and the teams that have beaten us have been by about a touchdown

We do need to score points

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, PUNT750 said:

WHAT - ME WORRY?

I don’t see what your point is the Bills beat the teams they where supposed to beat and lost 2 nail biters to the Pats, a nail biter to the browns, a nail biter to the best team in football, a meaningless game against the Jets and a motivated Eagles team whose season was essentially on the line and people wonder about the haters on this board ?

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

my interpretation is that,  given their record against the best teams on their schedule and their sort of petering out a bit in December,  he is worried about their chances against Houston 

Tone and wording.  OP is basically saying the Bills going 10-6 and nabbing a wild card isn't that big a deal.  That it isn't something we should be proud of, not an accomplishment, because of how we got there.  And that's a suggestion that offends and upsets some.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I mean. It’s not true. They beat 3 teams with winning records. Pit, dal and ten. Wether people agree with it or not, 8-8 is considered a winning record in the nfl

Disagree. .500 ball is kissing your sister. Only one of those teams is playoff bound and it is the sixth seed. 

True OP, but was still our best season in a long while. My downside for 2019 is that Beane's high draft picks aren't playing any better. I just hope he doesn't get so attached to them like Whaley did with EJ. If Allen, Edmunds, Oliver and Ford don't take huge steps forward in '20, we may be calling for a new GM too soon. I sincerely hope he nails our top 2 picks in this next draft. I give him a passing grade on free agency and his mid to late picks as well as UDFA's however.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

maybe, but PUNT kinda earned that with the multiple threads every week that sorta are filled with nonsense. But i get you, judged in a vacuum, it’s a valid point. Not that the Bills had many chances to beat a team with a winning record this year but regardless.

• Like (+1) 1