The Bills beat 1 winning team and 1 play-off team

PUNT750

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

They earned a spot in the playoffs by winning their games. Many, many other teams failed to do exactly that. Nothing to worry about, as the Bills have a playoff game next week ! Lots of teams fans have turned their thoughts to the offseason and the draft. 

They also earned said playoff spot after 15 games.

Raise your hand if you expected that back in August. Beuller? Beuller? Anyone?

I have been more in the corner of the OP as far as coming back to earth on this team, but even within that, this isn't as black and white as I felt earlier in the season. Early in the season you could make a pretty good argument for us being overrated against our record. Pretty much all of the advanced data showed as much. As the season progressed we played much better and the advanced data shows that as well. So while I have been bearish on the Bills most the year, I'm bullish in the sense that we can A) steal a game from anybody in the league this year B) expect more progression next year.

This is a bright future ahead of us, as good as it's looked since the early 90's. I will even give it a +1 against the Flutie era playoff teams and those teams were no joke. The year we lost MCM, we very well could have went to the Super Bowl. That was one of the best defenses in Bills history.    

Edited by KzooMike

8 minutes ago, MDH said:

The team they play this week is on par with Tennessee, Dallas and Pittsburgh.

Sure, the Bills haven’t beaten an elite team yet, but we’ll worry about that next week.

No we're won't.  Houston is far from an elite team.  Maybe in two weeks there's a worry.....

11 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I have been more in the corner of the OP as far as coming back to earth on this team, but even within that, this isn't as black and white as I felt earlier in the season. Early in the season you could make a pretty good argument for us being overrated against our record. Pretty much all of the advanced data showed as much. As the season progressed we played much better and the advanced data shows that as well. So while I have been bearish on the Bills most the year, I'm bullish in the sense that we can A) steal a game from anybody in the league this year B) expect more progression next year.

This is a bright future ahead of us, as good as it's looked since the early 90's. I will even give it a +1 against the Flutie era playoff teams and those teams were no joke. The year we lost MCM, we very well could have went to the Super Bowl. That was one of the best defenses in Bills history.    

Those defenses in '98 and '99 were far superior to what we have now.  As it is now we don't have a QB that can WIN a game rather than just manage it.

1 minute ago, LB48 said:

Those defenses in '98 and '99 were far superior to what we have now.  As it is now we don't have a QB that can WIN a game rather than just manage it.

I agree about the defenses, but we are only looking up, and that is in both areas you mention. Johnson and Flutie vs Allen (Forward Outlook). Allen all day. As far as that defense, well, we saw what happened. That was the latest best window we had. I see the next 3-5 years giving us a better windows than those teams. Especially when you consider we haven't laid it on with spending, YET.