NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

18 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watching Ron Rivera, you can see where McDermott gets his culture from but i think McD is better at it in that he can make adjustments to the process (growth mindset) whereas i feel that Ron is more rigid in this. 

i have my doubts about Snyder being NOT THE FOCUS but maybe he finally realizes he has been a big part of the problem. Not sure about Haskins but if given the proper support could succeed.

I don't know if those problem owners/meddlers ever see their own contribution to team dysfunction.

They are either the type that can delegate and accept expertise and leadership from those they hire, or they cannot.

Jerrah down in Dallas and Snyder in Washington, and Haslam with the Browns are firmly in the second camp and come equipped with only forward-facing radar where their egos cannot accept their role in past failures and take the corrective action needed. 

They cannot stop meddling with team operations, and will always clash with any "strong leadership" they try to install to replicate what the Pegulas have done when they hired the leadership necessary and let them do what they needed to do to establish a winning culture in Buffalo; A culture where the team is rowing in the same direction from the top down.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There ya go.  Roman makes marginal NFL QBs serviceable.  I'll agree to that.

You should have led with that...

"At least"<<<< you missed that part.  One went to a superbowl and the other the all important Probowl under Roman.  2 years after he left they both dont have even starting jobs. Lamar is better than both, but I do  expect some decent regression.

......Hagman could not have dreamed up a better "Dallas" saga...and I love every minute of it.......Plastic Puss is the NFL's "Susan Lucci".......think he wants more attention than the Cleveland "Mistake By The Lake" mess......misery loves company......

10 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

I have no doubt that they can continue to design their offense around Jackson; however, don't think for a second that much of what Baltimore has done this year wasn't a product of Roman's abilities as an offensive coordinator - and Jackson having a career year in TD%, which, as I posted elsewhere isn't the first time. Alex Smith, Colin Kaepernick, and Tyrod Taylor all had their best year in TD% under Roman. I have no idea how he would be as a head coach; but, as an OC, he is extremely talented.

Roman is dependent upon a head coach saying "No that crap will not work, redesign play".  

Some coaches just let OCs handle everything on that side of ball.

Him as head coach would be a mistake.

6 hours ago, WideNine said:

They cannot stop meddling with team operations, and will always clash with any "strong leadership" they try to install to replicate what the Pegulas have done when they hired the leadership necessary and let them do what they needed to do to establish a winning culture in Buffalo; A culture where the team is rowing in the same direction from the top down.

The Pegulas did not just leave front office alone - they asked how they could help and did including spending money for facilities, participating in interviews when requested, etc. It is all a new GM/HC could want.

On 1/1/2020 at 8:10 PM, SirAndrew said:

I think guys like Brady and Brees set an unrealistic precedent that QB’s can all excel in their late 30’s. There’s a legitimate chance that Rodgers is somewhat on the decline, and many more QB’s will continue do the same in their mid 30’s. 

What about Ryan Fitzpatrick !

• Like (+1) 1

Cowboys finally make it official:

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2020/01/05/breaking-cowboys-will-not-renew-head-coach-jason-garretts-contract-according-to-multiple-reports/

I will miss him since the radio station down here does a hilarious "fake" Garrett interview every week:

Edited by \GoBillsInDallas/

On 1/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, Mr. WEO said:

So you are saying that Roman's playcalling for Jackson is so mysterious and so complex that no other OC could copy the same scheme in Baltimore?

The combo of Mornhinweg and Jackson went 6-1 last year (after a 4-5 start with Flacco).   That includes nearly 700 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs.

Hahaahaha no one could ever copy it....

On 1/3/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mr. WEO said:

It's such a joke that every year on this site, thread after thread is posted about who on the Bills might make and, after they are announced, who got snubbed.

So you have concluded that the Cowboys do NOT have a roster loaded with talent--particularly on Offense? 

Pro bowl was so close to winning them a super bowl.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:16 AM, Mr. WEO said:

So you are saying that Roman's playcalling for Jackson is so mysterious and so complex that no other OC could copy the same scheme in Baltimore?

The combo of Mornhinweg and Jackson went 6-1 last year (after a 4-5 start with Flacco).   That includes nearly 700 yards rushing and 5 rushing TDs.

Yeah he is sooo good lol oh know Lamar watch out!!!

On 1/3/2020 at 1:35 PM, Mr. WEO said:

There ya go.  Roman makes marginal NFL QBs serviceable.  I'll agree to that.

You should have led with that...

Lamar must be marginal buddy lol. Your favorite player is trash, haha.