NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

Not that we do not have our share of knee-jerk reactionaries here on the Wall looking for change for change sake, but kind of feels nice as a fan - like we get to sit back and roast marshmallows in the toasty warmth of all these other franchises going up in flames.

Seen our own share of organizational dysfunction, nice to NOT be part of the NFL circus side show year after year. I may have said something very similar last year too :)

image.jpeg.01af0983e16e41f59d21179168fa8c28.jpeg

Watching Ron Rivera, you can see where McDermott gets his culture from but i think McD is better at it in that he can make adjustments to the process (growth mindset) whereas i feel that Ron is more rigid in this. 

i have my doubts about Snyder being NOT THE FOCUS but maybe he finally realizes he has been a big part of the problem. Not sure about Haskins but if given the proper support could succeed.

• Like (+1) 1

looks like the Cowboys are moving on from Garrett.

I want the cowboys to suck like everyone else, but im happy they are moving on from him.

he and the talk about him getting fired has gotten stale. im tired of hearing how the cowboys should fire garrett. happy they are finally getting rid of him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Apparently Browns are trying to pry Roman away from Ravens...this would be so damn interesting I can't even

They are interviewing him. Nothing yet more than that. Sounds like McDaniels/Zeigler or Stefanski/Berry at this point.

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Apparently Browns are trying to pry Roman away from Ravens...this would be so damn interesting I can't even

I actually predict this to be the hire 

28 minutes ago, cle23 said:

They are interviewing him. Nothing yet more than that. Sounds like McDaniels/Zeigler or Stefanski/Berry at this point.

McDaniels won’t like that the GM will have control of the 53 per Haslam presser today 

Edited by YoloinOhio

39 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

looks like the Cowboys are moving on from Garrett.

I want the cowboys to suck like everyone else, but im happy they are moving on from him.

he and the talk about him getting fired has gotten stale. im tired of hearing how the cowboys should fire garrett. happy they are finally getting rid of him.

It is just semantics I guess but technically Garrett was not fired.  His contract expires this month so they simply will not renew. 

Dallass did not extend him with him needing to prove he was worth a new contract which would pay more money and he didn't.  

This may have been Garrett's choice in attempt to try to get more money in next contract.

Certainly not a firing just as players who are not re-signed are not firings.

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Watching Ron Rivera, you can see where McDermott gets his culture from but i think McD is better at it in that he can make adjustments to the process (growth mindset) whereas i feel that Ron is more rigid in this. 

i have my doubts about Snyder being NOT THE FOCUS but maybe he finally realizes he has been a big part of the problem. Not sure about Haskins but if given the proper support could succeed.

Sean has also been paired with a great GM. Between Hurney and Gettleman, Rivera has not been so lucky... which makes the move to Washington even more puzzling.

Roman to the Browns would be really interesting... has he ever been successful as an OC when he didn’t have a run heavy QB?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Didn’t realize Rivera brought in Jack Del Rio as DC... that’s an interesting pairing. Could be really good, or could lead to a “too many cooks in the kitchen” type deal. Really interested to see who gets chosen as OC.... 

I wonder if he’d come after Dorsey 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Sean has also been paired with a great GM. Between Hurney and Gettleman, Rivera has not been so lucky... which makes the move to Washington even more puzzling.

Roman to the Browns would be really interesting... has he ever been successful as an OC when he didn’t have a run heavy QB?

I guess he did some good things with Alex Smith, But got further with Kaep obviously. 

Gore fit his scheme like a glove 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Baker is a good runner but it will shorten his career, but it will be fun.

thing is can roman run a whole team and not just an offense.