NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

1 hour ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Browns to interview Daboll

Honestly, I wouldn't be shaken up to lose him. I'd rather get a more innovative coordinator who would keep things more simple for Josh. But if Daboll comes back that's fine too. I'm just not sold on him yet because we haven't had a good offense yet under him.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Sorry if duplicated 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28397656/dolphins-part-ways-oc-chad-oshea-two-other-assistants

DAVIE, Fla. -- The Miami Dolphins have parted ways with offensive coordinator Chad O'Shea after one season, the team announced Monday night.

The Dolphins also parted ways with safeties coach Tony Oden and offensive line coach Dave DeGuglielmo.

This one seems odd to me. Their offense seemed to really gel later in the season. 

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This one seems odd to me. Their offense seemed to really gel later in the season. 

Flores may have very high standards.  Or the OC may not have been considered by Flores to be responsible for the improvement. 

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Flores may have very high standards.  Or the OC may not have been considered by Flores to be responsible for the improvement. 

Or, Shurmur or Kitchens (or a Dallas dismissal) are keen on heading down to South Florida.... Many options there. The OC's inability to turn Rosen into an NFL QB may have come into play. I just didn't see their offense as the issue. Especially when beating up on the NFL's reputed #1 D had happened 24 hours prior.

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Came out from a few people on Twitter after the fact it was two-pronged. 

#1 is that the QB coach, Schuplinski, is someone the Dolphins wanted to keep in the mix. He was supposed to go to Indy with McDaniels, so they must have been worried that he was going to leave Miami if/when McDaniels gets hired. If they also think he's a good QB coach it would be important for them to keep him on staff for whichever poor soul they take in the draft.

#2 is that there were at least a few voices in the building still unimpressed with O'Shea's ability as an OC and thought he was just a really good position coach. 

Still an interesting move

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be shaken up to lose him. I'd rather get a more innovative coordinator who would keep things more simple for Josh. But if Daboll comes back that's fine too. I'm just not sold on him yet because we haven't had a good offense yet under him.

We haven't seen a bad offence from him, they are 10-6, well unless you ignore wins and losses and go by points scored and yards, and they scored enough points to win 10 games and make the playoffs.....

36 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

We haven't seen a bad offence from him, they are 10-6, well unless you ignore wins and losses and go by points scored and yards, and they scored enough points to win 10 games and make the playoffs.....

Yes, I'm going by points scored and yards. You know, the two most basic offensive metrics.