NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

47 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Marrone is supposed to be meeting with Khan "Midweek"

Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10)

Coach: Doug Marrone (21-28 over four seasons)

The team and Marrone refuted an ESPN report that he had been told before Sunday's game that it would be his finale with the Jaguars. His status, per the team, won't be determined until a midweek meeting with owner Shad Khan.

2019 NFL Playoffs Coverage

nfl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueWhat you need to know:
Preview: Bracket and more »
Playoff schedule »
Super Bowl LIV »
More NFL coverage »

Marrone said he will lay out his plan for turning around the franchise after just 11 wins the past two seasons, and if that matches with Khan's vision, then Marrone believes he's the right man for the job. Khan has kept his thoughts on the matter private, but reports in previous weeks were that there was a good chance both Marrone and GM Dave Caldwell will be back. It's going to be an interesting few days. -- Michael DiRocco

Right now Doug is trying to find a new gig on the side so he can walk in and be like, ":censored: you, I'm out." :lol:

17 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

According to ESPN, Eli says he is done with the Giants, but unclear on retirement. He didn’t like being a backup. 

So....  looking for a starting job?  Where?

Maybe Marrone's sales pitch is to bring Eli in as the starter for Jacksonville.

20 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Then it will be three years in a row they don't make the playoffs.  Sucks to be a Steeler fan.

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but didnt the Steelers have the following miss significant time this season due to injury?

1. # 1 QB

2. # 1 RB

3. # 1 WR

and they still finished with 8 wins. Id love to see our record with Allen missing the season, Brown missing time, and Singletary being out..all at the same time. 

You have a better shot of winning the powerball than Tomlin getting fired this offseason. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Id love to see our record with Allen missing the season, Brown missing time, and Singletary being out..all at the same time. 

I think we got a glimpse of what that would look like Sunday vs. the Jets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

HA!  Perhaps Riverboat Ron is demanding the Snyders guarantee they will "sit down and shut up" and not meddle in operations

If Riverboat Ron was smart, that is exactly how the contract language should be written -- no interference by Dan The Fan.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Someone correct me if Im wrong, but didnt the Steelers have the following miss significant time this season due to injury?

1. # 1 QB

2. # 1 RB

3. # 1 WR

and they still finished with 8 wins. Id love to see our record with Allen missing the season, Brown missing time, and Singletary being out..all at the same time. 

You have a better shot of winning the powerball than Tomlin getting fired this offseason. 

Another way to put it is that Tomlin has a better chance of being named Coach of the Year than he does of being fired.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

They sucked this year because they are still missing some pieces and started a rookie QB.

As Levi and Dave stated, they have a generational RB, solid ownership and a built-in winning culture.  Those things, alone, make the Giants the most attractive landing spot for a HC, in my opinion.

Just look at the other teams with vacancies and ask yourself if they have all the things the Giants have.  They don't.

I disagree about the winning culture. They haven't been good for a long time. Even when Eli won those Superbowls they got in on a wild card and a weak division. History doesn't mean much at this point.

21 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

I guess they'll give up a boat load to get Cam

I doubt Rivera would want Cam as his savior QB. We got a 3rd round pick for Taylor with a similar contract, so maybe Cam fetches a 2nd rounder???  He had a couple noteworthy seasons years ago before some of the injuries.

21 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Tomlin could be a contender for coach of the year

Garrett is the modern nfl's Wayne Fontes  I cant believe how long he's survived  I'm surprised Patricia will be back

He won't get fired and he won't be in the running for coach of the year. 

McDermott

Harbaugh

Shanahan

LaFleur

IMO one of these guys will win it.

13 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No he is not - this was addressed before when an Asian coach and a Hispanic coach were both identified as not counting.

For R(L)oonie Rule minority is black.

Not according to this article:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/30/report-all-signs-point-to-washington-hiring-ron-rivera/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team’s interview with Rivera is more of a “coronation” and that all signs point to Rivera being named the team’s new head coach on Monday. The team can move quickly to hire Rivera as he fills the need to interview a minority candidate under the terms of the Rooney Rule.

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Not according to this article:  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/30/report-all-signs-point-to-washington-hiring-ron-rivera/

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the team’s interview with Rivera is more of a “coronation” and that all signs point to Rivera being named the team’s new head coach on Monday. The team can move quickly to hire Rivera as he fills the need to interview a minority candidate under the terms of the Rooney Rule.

If so NFL changed interpretation of the rule which gave them a "black" eye before.