NFL Black Monday - Coaching Changes

wppete

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Two updates from Rappaport .. Bruce Allen - President of the Skins is fired; Ron Rivera to be hired today. I think he has the right mindset to work in Washington .. but not certain Belichick could be successful with Dan Snyder.

If they all back off and let Rivera do his thing I think he will change the culture there. To produce a winning team he needs good coordinators.

7 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I get that Rudolph wasn't good, but I think Tomlin misses the distinction between "QB with the necessary tools who isn't getting it" (kind of a Paxton Lynch or EJ Manuel type) and "QB who simply doesn't belong in the NFL" -- Rudolph would have given them some chance to win today on a day when throwing the ball in the rain was tough enough for a guy with an NFL arm and impossible for a guy with a Samford arm.

Give me a break.  Until the Bills game, Steelers were 3-0 with Hodges.  Hodges moved them down the field twice at the end of the game with a chance to tie before he threw those picks.  And BTW,  I can think of at least one other good NFL head coach who TWICE entrusted his team’s fortunes to a QB who manifestly lacked “the necessary tools” to be a starting NFL quarterback.

Edited by mannc
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

Give me a break.  Until the Bills game, Steelers were 3-0 with Hodges.  Hodges moved them down the field twice at the end of the game with a chance to tie before he threw those picks.  And BTW,  I can think of at least one other good NFL head coach who TWICE entrusted his team’s fortunes to a QB who manifestly lacked “the necessary tools” to be a starting NFL quarterback.

Haha. And the result was much worse.... Tomlin got his team to rally around both Rudolph and Hodges at times this year. Whenever Peterman played the Bills players clearly knew the game was up and played like 1st graders.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Haha. And the result was much worse.... Tomlin got his team to rally around both Rudolph and Hodges at times this year. Whenever Peterman played the Bills players clearly knew the game was up and played like 1st graders.

Isn’t there a remote possibility that Chucky will offload Carr this off-season and go with his boy Peterman ?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If they all back off and let Rivera do his thing I think he will change the culture there. To produce a winning team he needs good coordinators.

...this should be interesting.....when Chuckie was hired by Raiders, rumors were Allen would join him as they were together in TB......when Brandon got canned by Pegula, he called Snyder about possible Prez job opening if Allen bolted...wonder if he calls Boy Danny AGAIN??............

8 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

I could see Jerrah doin something stupid like hiring Troy Aikman. Rumour is he is interested in running a front office or coaching.

..naw...Freddy Kitchens should be his guy..........

2 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Two updates from Rappaport .. Bruce Allen - President of the Skins is fired; Ron Rivera to be hired today. I think he has the right mindset to work in Washington .. but not certain Belichick could be successful with Dan Snyder.

Hope Rivera changes his mind and goes to NYG instead. 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Either way it’s the NFCE. 

Who does he want to work for and what decisions will be under his control?

Yeah happy he stays away from the AFC. Just hope Snider doesnt ruin Rivera.