Crowd Reaction when Lorenzo's was pulled

Bob in STL

1 hour ago, MDH said:

How would you like them to do it? He called a time out and pulled him out of the game. That’s the way it’s done.

No announcement made. We were all wondering why the he’ll they called a time out so early? I don’t think anyone was cheering for the poor guy. 

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

I was watching the game in a Sports Bar and could not hear the announcers.  It looked like McD pulled Lorenzo Alexander in a manner to get him an ovation from the crowd.   This was likely his last game in Buffalo.

How was the crowd reaction?  

Lorenzo has been an outstanding presence on this team and I hope he got some well deserved fan recognition.  

Poorly done, imo.  Crowd wasn't expecting it in the first quarter.  They ran a video of him for the Walter Payton award shortly after and that got a bigger response but many fans tune out the Jumbotron during times out.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

How would you like them to do it? He called a time out and pulled him out of the game. That’s the way it’s done.

Not in the 1st quarter.  Fans were not dialed in for it to happen then, imo.  

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well hopefully he goes out in a blaze of glory in the playoffs.  He’s going to be missed.  Maybe WGR can find a spot for him.  Anytime Schoop is not on the radio and it was him even one day a week, would be the day I listen to that show.

I think Leslie Frazier will get a HC job, and would be surprised if Lorax doesn’t at least get a look as a LB coach here or on that team.  

3 hours ago, Forward Progress said:

I was at the game. His daughter sang beautifully. I was too drunk to notice when Lorax was pulled.  

That was about 15 minutes after she sang. You drink fast! ?

3 hours ago, Augie said:

It was a great gesture and I’m sure it was appreciated by the player and the team. THAT is what counts. What did you want? Fireworks? What did you expect to hear? Should they be mic’ed up?  I thought it was awesome! 

100%

From what I saw on TV, 57 was surprised and appreciative. 

My takeaway is that McD places a high value on veteran leadership and tries to pay it back (i.e.- the Kyle Williams TD).

IMO, it's a good time to be a Bills fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

WGR said it kind of caught everybody(the crowd) by surprise.

That's right.   It seemed like no one expected it.  

There was pretty much no crowd reaction.

His daughter sang the national anthem, and Lorenzo stood with his whole family on the sideline.  It was nice.   

• Thank you (+1) 1