[Edited title] Duke williams should play

1 minute ago, Bakin said:

Not sure about blocking but it’s clear who’s the better WR this season. 
I assume Foster is an ST stud and that’s why he gets the nod. 
someone needs to ask the question ....

There was a gif around here from earlier this season (maybe preseason?) where Foster straight up whiffed on a block. He legitimately looked afraid.

Meanwhile Duke has steamrolled a few people. He's a much better blocker from what I've seen.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

There was a gif around here from earlier this season (maybe preseason?) where Foster straight up whiffed on a block. He legitimately looked afraid.

Meanwhile Duke has steamrolled a few people. He's a much better blocker from what I've seen.

What's keeping Duke inactive is he doesn't play special teams.  Maybe it changes this week and they find another gunner but that's what's hurting him.

When your'e that #4 WR and below...ST is your best friend.  

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What's keeping Duke inactive is he doesn't play special teams.  Maybe it changes this week and they find another gunner but that's what's hurting him.

When your'e that #4 WR and below...ST is your best friend.  

Make him the third option and keep McKenzie on special teams. Problem solved.

Maybe I'm overlooking the fact that Robert Foster is the best gunner in the league and therefore irreplaceable since it would be legitimately the only thing that he can do. He certainly isn't catching passes. Is he that great of a special teams player, or just a fast body? I honestly don't know.

Edited by Nelius
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Make him the third option and keep McKenzie on special teams. Problem solved.

Maybe I'm overlooking the fact that Robert Foster is the best gunner in the league and therefore irreplaceable since it would be legitimately the only thing that he can do. He certainly isn't catching passes. Is he that great of a special teams player, or just a fast body? I honestly don't know.

McKenzie isn't a gunner.  

There's a reason we don't know why McDermott keeps dressing Foster over Duke.  Maybe it changes next week.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McKenzie isn't a gunner.  

There's a reason we don't know why McDermott keeps dressing Foster over Duke.  Maybe it changes next week.

Well that's my question about Foster - what makes him such an incredible gunner? I honestly don't know, but if he's just a fast body then he and McKenzie ran nearly identical 40 times. I'm not gonna die on the McKenzie hill though, I like Duke over him too. You're right in that there's some unknown reason and the coachers know more, but Foster has confused me all season.

• Like (+1) 1

Cmon Bills fans, wake the FU!

Duke, is a legit player not Reiley or that other idiot Daricky. If we don't play him and start him him over Foster we are F'ing stupid. The dude is "SLOW" but flat out gets open PERIOD.

FTR: I did not support The great white hope or Mr. Rodgers. Duke should be out there. Brady be having a hayday with him.

063992a5-9c6e-4065-9456-eefc137c1f63-lar

GettyImages-1163443980.jpg

Edited by Real McNasty
for the record

They definitely fed him the ball. I'm not on the Duke hype train but He could have had 150+ yards easily though. The guy has played 2 full games and  had an impact in both vs good defense. He needs his opportunity. Foster is an important special teams player on coverage so it'll be interesting what they do.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They definitely fed him the ball. I'm not on the Duke hype train but He could have had 150+ yards easily though. The guy has played 2 full games and  had an impact in both vs good defense. He needs his opportunity. Foster is an important special teams player on coverage so it'll be interesting what they do.

this was his 4th game active wasn’t it? Going on memory i could be wrong.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know he got hurt in 1 game after making a catch. I don't know. Some people here have majored in Duke Williams, they'll know the answer.

no kidding. I expect the total snap counts to be thrown in any second now.

We traded Zay Jones.

And Robert Foster has been a complete non factor.  He has 3 catches this season.  THREE.

Yet Duke is not good enough or fits whatever role Dabol needs him to fill but today he gets 12 targets.  I saw him score this year too that happened. 

Just bizarre.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Anyone in the media ever speculate why he isn't playing?  I assume that McDermott has never said anything.

I usually ignore all the fan lobbying, i.e., Brandon Reilly, Nate Peterman (at least before his first game), etc. but this one really seems like a mystery since it is clearly a position of need.

I trust this coaching staff, for the most part.  I would love to hear from McD why he hasn't played him.  Perhaps he doesn't know the playbook?  Or is it simply his ST playing? 

The man can and should play.  Do not care if we bench a ST get him on the field.  Play him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

UNYW3EX3KNC65PAHEXD5MNI2DE.jpg

"There's only so long you can keep a dog on a leash." -Duke Williams

One of the more puzzling aspects of the 2019 Bills coaching staff is their refusal to incorporate Williams into the game-day roster despite everything he brings to the table: a much-needed dimension in the passing game, a physical presence in the running game, and emotional leadership on the field. This guy is a dog; the fans know it and chant "Duuuuuuuke" every time he catches the ball. He won the Tennessee game for us and then went to the bench for 10 weeks, only to resurface today and put up over 100 yards. Sean McDermott needs to activate Williams for the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

He would be getting snaps in every game if he had better hands. Get him in front of the machine everyday or send him to the Andre Reed Receiver School and we got a baller.

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You are comparing apples to cranberries. Duke would probably need to beat someone else out. Foster is a big part of ST. 

He is probably going to have to beat a draft pick next year.