Pats Gilmore got abused by Parker who hi pointed catches all day

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I didn’t watch the game till late.

By chance did the ‘Gilmore Glance’ come out?

where Gilmore looks around at his team mates and then the Jumbotron to see who made the mistake.

Lol never could stand that dill hole

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Just like I said in the title Parker just abused  Gilmore all day,  he was more physical and went up and over him to high point many catches. There is only one player on the Bills that can do that same thing who is hungry and plays like beast mode. I’m tired of the excuses. If Duke Williams does not play in these playoffs something’s wrong. Also he almost made a Ridiculous catch from Josh Allen down the right side line which was looking very spectacular. He was a dam beast out there against the jets. 

I believe Parker is a FA.  Overall I'd like the Bills to sign someone like him, plus draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.  Typically WR's take some time to develop, so next year have Brown, Parker (or Parker like) and Beasley as your starters along with Roberts and the rookie on the bench.

So for those who feel Foster should be cut, if they sign a FA and draft a rookie, he likely will be cut, ......  along with Duke too.  And I'm sure just like last off season teams will be lining up to sign him. If they keep a 6th, likely be McKenzie barring a huge off season improvement from Williams.

I stated before todays game, not surprised to see Williams have a good game today as he likely has practiced much more with Barkley as both are backups, than Foster or McKenzie did.

1 hour ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Just like I said in the title Parker just abused  Gilmore all day,  he was more physical and went up and over him to high point many catches. There is only one player on the Bills that can do that same thing who is hungry and plays like beast mode. I’m tired of the excuses. If Duke Williams does not play in these playoffs something’s wrong. Also he almost made a Ridiculous catch from Josh Allen down the right side line which was looking very spectacular. He was a dam beast out there against the jets. 

This is nothing new.  We saw this countless times in Buffalo.  Brandon Marshall was great at abusing Stephon and Ron Darby.  Their coverage was good but the bigger receiver just outmuscled him.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

Couldn’t you have just put “Duke Williams” somewhere in the thread title so I would have known to avoid it?

You have to be expecting sneaky at this point! Every avenue to start a Duke thread will be explored! 

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Lol not what was said at all. It would help to be active for him to eventually show he’s that good. Can’t do it on the bench.

Buddy that’s EXACTLY what was said. 

Just like I said in the title Parker just abused  Gilmore all day,  he was more physical and went up and over him to high point many catches. There is only one player on the Bills that can do that same thing who is hungry and plays like beast mode

I never said he should be on the bench. Maybe I missed in the other 20 threads but I’ve never seen anyone say he should be on the bench. At some point you guys have got to stop beating the same drum over and over and over. Those coaches are paid millions of dollars to make these decisions. If they’re wrong too much they get fired. Mcdermott has something to lose. We do not. Have a little faith in the guy. Have to make mistakes in order to fix them. Maybe duke being inactive is a big factor in record or game plans or just situations. But they chose to bench him. They may be wrong. We won’t know. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree totally and I live down here in south Florida and watched the worst team in football get their act together and just did something the Bills haven't done in 20 years knocking off the Patriots. They have been winning games by smart offensive play by Fitz with lots of toss it up to Parker and Geseki the tight end and they make the contested catches. We need that in our offense to add to the smurf attack. I think our players are better than Dabols offense.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

What I saw from Miami was crossing patterns and slant patterns. I only saw a single Duke catch today on those routes. So you didn’t make any points with me in this thread.  Also, I didn’t see the Parker dancing around after every 7 yard completion like he had just surpassed Jerry Rice......

I like Duke, but he is a complimentary player at best and will never be a top2 WR in our offense. 

Right to replace Foster he’s only the fourth WR to sometimes situationally the third.  Depends what the Bills are trying to do with McKenzie, vs. Williams.  If you mean ever, ok, I get you’re point.

Oh, and these Duke threads in so many different ways is getting a bit much so not going to reply anymore.  Try and do my part.  I can’t wait to find out when we play next week.  The WGR guys keep saying it’s most likely the first game on Saturday.

2 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

How does it turn into a Duke thread?

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Can everyone just be blunt for a second? We all have a complex with small underachieving small receivers because of 2 things

1. Our nemesis the New England patriots have thrived off of short slot receivers and we feel annoyed because it works for them.

2. We have been looking for 13 years for Eric Moulds’ Replacement. He was the last big heavyweight jump ball receiver we have had. Terrell Owens was all the hype but never lived up to it completely. 

Owens would have been great if Fitz had started the whole year.  They had unbelievable chemistry 

13 hours ago, jkeerie said:

When you think about it, a lot of Foster's big plays last year came on broken plays, when Josh would scramble and then heave the ball up.  Very much like Big Ben in Pittsburgh.   It explains why so many Pitt receivers turn ordinary when they go to other teams.  The Bill's and Allen aren't playing street ball anymore.  Explains why Foster couldn't crack the starting lineup at Alabama.  Likely not a good route runner. 

The biggest play came in the Jags game where Allen stood in the pocket that was collapsing and threw a perfect strike 45 yards downfield as he was getting sandwiched by 2 players where Foster was running a deep crosser against he grain of the defense crossing the safeties face who had no prayer of staying with him.

Edited by matter2003

17 hours ago, oldschoolfootball1963 said:

Agree !!