TJ yeldon is a playmaker

16 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Did you really take what I said is that Singletary is worse than Yeldon? What is wrong with you lol... I even said I love Singletary. 

And "Rugby guy cant play a down in playoffs." he is a free EXTRA practice squad spot. Can you please explain to me how this is a negative thing in someway? Normally you get I think 10 practice squad guys... we are now allowed 11 if it's "rugby guy." How is this a bad thing in any way shape or form?

I did mistake what what you were saying about Singletary. That’s on me for reading between the lines incorrectly. Sorry. 

I still think Yeldon dynamic play ability

< Murphy and that he hasn’t proven much to me in the few games they dressed him. He has better open field ability than Gore, but so does much of the NFL. I saw Gore run with extra intensity today and I hope he has been saving it for the playoffs because he looked more dynamic in the first 4 weeks than he has lately.

Honestly, I would dress Yeldon and Gore and Duke and never dress Foster or Perry but I assume that Yeldon and Duke are teams liabilities and that matters to this team. You can’t be a RB3 or a WR4-5 and not play teams.

Edited by Locomark
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Get him involved this post season please!!!! 

He should be playing over Gore 

Here is the thing 

Yeldon > Gore (McD trusts Gore)
Sweeney > Kroft and Smith

However Gore and Kroft and Smith stay active similar to McD First year with Bills playing lesser talent. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Runs too high for between the tackles

seems to catch the ball well out of the backfield. 

definitely overused that jump cut 

Marcus Allen ran the same way. 

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Runs too high for between the tackles

seems to catch the ball well out of the backfield. 

definitely overused that jump cut 

He's actually great out of the backfield. He and Beasley in a 3 wide set would be a match up nightmare underneath and out of the backfield. Daboll can get the ball into their hands and let them get YAC all day.

If their smart.

1 minute ago, Process said:

Yeldon is a better option than gore and it's not even close. But McD is stubborn and gore fits the process more so I don't trust him at all so make the correct decision. Honestly gore shouldn't even be active in the playoffs. 

Oh and he certainly is not a playmaker, he's average at best. But in comparison to gore he is a superstar. 

15 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yeldon is just a guy.  He shows almost no ability to break tackles or run with any instinct or vision or power. He can catch a few balls here and there, but I’m not sure it’s anything to write home about.  I don’t get the love. 

I agree. I was going to say that I could not remember ever having seen Yeldon break a tackle or run through a defender. That's why he  never realized expectations. That's pretty much the Yeldon story. 

I'm ok with he and Williams seeing the field more. They are limited but they can make a play. 

38 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Yeldon is just a guy.  He shows almost no ability to break tackles or run with any instinct or vision or power. He can catch a few balls here and there, but I’m not sure it’s anything to write home about.  I don’t get the love. 

No one "loves" Yeldon. We are choosing between Yeldon and Gore. 

Yeldon is just a guy, but Gore is done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Would it really hurt this team to deactivate Lee Smith, DiMarco and Foster in order to add Duke & TJ. The answer is NO!

This is all part of Daboll's year of stupidity. 

I blame McD for the lineups. I actually think adding these two will help Daboll with plays designed for their skill sets.

30 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I agree. I was going to say that I could not remember ever having seen Yeldon break a tackle or run through a defender. That's why he  never realized expectations. That's pretty much the Yeldon story. 

I'm ok with he and Williams seeing the field more. They are limited but they can make a play. 

Agree; case in point was today. Yeldon got a carry on third down and had one defender that was sealed off, but Yeldon still got tripped up and did a big pirouette in the air and fell down. He ended up getting the first down by Dumb luck and a generous spot. But most “good” RBs would have gotten 10 yards out of that carry, not 2. 

but I agree that he ought to get more playing time— but don’t think the OP is right in calling him a “playmaker.”