Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Does anyone have special insight on the Texans? Pretty much all I know has been hearing that if you can slow down Watson they fall apart and don't have much of a counterpunch.

From that, we seem like an ideal matchup, but it would be great if someone has hit the tape.

If Fuller is fully healthy they are on another level on offense.  But he's not.  Stills is going to get 6-8 targets.  Nuke vs Tre is the best matchup of the first round IMO.  

Hyde can get them 4 ypc on good days.  Their ground game is not a problem but our run D is. 

They are going to target their TEs.  They use them especially in the Red Zone.  They have size and that could be a problem.  

But I think we can get them in the middle of that oline with our DTs and get to Watson.  

They have to because he's one of the best vs the blitz.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

So, with all the games pretty much done today, does anyone know if we would have made it in at 9-7? I know it doesn't matter cuz the bills finished 10-6, but I'm just curious 

if we played our starters today im convinced we crush the jets. 

they put up 13 points against our 3rd string defense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We have until the end of next season to give White a contract.  His entire next contract isn’t going to be based on this WC game.  Gilmore signed his two years ago...Whites will surpass that.

So do you think White is worthy of 100 mil contract 5 years? I think White is a good CB who struggles with elite WR's without help. I personally love the guy but 70 mil for 5 years seems just about right.

52 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If White can shut down Hopkins we win, if he can't we lose. Also if he can't he will be paid below Gilmores contract.

Gilmore signed his contract 3 years ago. White is getting a lot more than that no matter what happens in this game.

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Opening line is HOU -3. 

So, a pickem game. 

Sounds about right. 

• Like (+1) 1

We win this game if Daboll doesn't force allen to throw for 35+ times and the offense successfully runs the ball. Texans have a bottom tier defense, not sure if Watt coming back will change that. 

Yeldon has to play, the offense needs to run through Singletary. of course the defense has to keep the game under 25 bc we aren't outscoring them if its a shootout 

Edited by Tesla03

4 hours ago, wvbillsfan said:

I think we win. We owe Houston one

Ummmm, NOT disagreeing, but they just may feel they are still playing catch-up on the whole who owes who what thing.....

See, there was this little playoff thing a while back, and........it was GLORIOUS!!! 

1 minute ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

So do you think White is worthy of 100 mil contract 5 years? I think White is a good CB who struggles with elite WR's without help. I personally love the guy but 70 mil for 5 years seems just about right.

White is an All Pro, good chance he will be First team.  He already considered a top 3-4 corner in the league.  When he signs, he’s probably going to be the highest paid CB in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

White is an All Pro, good chance he will be First team.  He already considered a top 3-4 corner in the league.  When he signs, he’s probably going to be the highest paid CB in the league.

yep.  Something like 5 years 78-80 million.

• Like (+1) 1

The Texans have that albatross of one and done that they want to get rid of. They will be more motivated than we give them credit for. 

We need to get up on them early, play with a lead and dictate the game.

We can’t play 16-13 rope a dope IMO, especially if Fuller plays. 

I hope we pressure that OL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tesla03 said:

We win this game if Daboll doesn't force allen to throw for 35+ and the offense successfully runs the ball. Texans have a bottom tier defense, not sure if Watt coming back will change that. 

Yeldon has to play, the offense needs to run through Singletary. of course the defense has to keep the game under 25 bc we aren't outscoring them if its a shootout 

The thing to me about Yeldon isnt so much I expect him to score, total 75 yards, and have 6 catches.  

We're just too predictable.  Some people are saying conservative.  Its not that.  Too predictable.  Then we get too cute in the red zone.  

Yeldon (and Duke to) need to be options.  We're scoring less than what, 21-24 points a game?  

The fact this hasn't been done already is mind boggling.  He can be James White lite for this offense.  He's done that his whole career.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I would rate him more in the 7 to 10 range and he is more of a Josh Norman type CB. Josh Norman got a 5 yr 75mil deal and he is a good zone coverage CB. So inflated, White is looking at 90+ over 5 years easy, with that contact he will be microscoped every week. I think a huge contract like that at some point becomes a detriment to the team as a whole.