Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill963 said:

Wow! The fact that we were not only in this game but also should have won even w josh getting hurt is mind blowing. Between the refs w multiple game changing calls against us, bad bounces, about 5 sacks that Watson somehow escaped, Josh getting injured, wow. 

If this team shows up to play Saturday we could blow them the F*** out. And I never really get a feeling like that. With this one I do. 

Watson was hurt I believe and they were pretty flat. Yes the Bills hung in there and really should of taken advantage of the situation and won. Alas Peter(PAN)man came in and threw up interceptions for everyone to have!

I don’t think last years game has much to do with this years game at all.

If the Bills were ever going to jump out on a team early, this is the week to do it.  Houston has a bad recent history of home playoff losses and don't think that won't get into their heads if the Bills can get up by a couple of scores.  Add the fact that I expect a lot of Bills fans in that stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but I just read a story on espn.com about the playoffs, and out of the 12 teams, the Bills are given the lowest chance (only .5 %, yes, not even 1%) to reach, not win, the SB. Those are lllllloooonnnngggggg odds! Lol

Our odds are the same as the other 7 teams playing next week. Championships are won on the field.

on a side note, whoever thought up this odds thing is a genius.  They're ALWAYS right. If Buffalo wins S B they can say, well, I told you there was a .5% chance they would. If not, they can say, well, odds were 99.5 against them winning.

23 minutes ago, gregor7777 said:

Those aren't metrics....

Robert Foster 13 games, 3 receptions, 64 yards, height 6'  2"  weight 196

Duke Williams, 1 game, 6 receptions, 108 yards, height 6' 3" weight 225

Williams is bigger then Foster and given the opportunity plays bigger then Foster.

• Like (+1) 2

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

Give it a listen and see if any of the rest of you guys see it that way.

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

-6:40 in: Questioner commented that Josh had said he gets "too ramped up" at the beginning of games and asked how do you convey the message to him to throttle down for lack of a better term?  Daboll said "You just try to stay in your routine, do the things you've done all year to prepare, take care of your body, and be ready to go when the time comes" "Is that really something that only experience can even out?" "I don't know"

Daboll was also just praising Coach Crennell to the skies.  I thought it was excessive.  It sounded like hero-worship almost to the point of being in awe or intimidated.  It just didn't sound like a "Man with a Confident Plan"

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration with Josh on the part of Daboll. 

Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing.

I took his response to the Josh question to be that he just doesn't want to reflect on that, until after the season.  Maybe there's more to it,  as you said, but Daboll seems like a straight shooter.

Regarding the JJ Watt and Mercilus comment. maybe I'm hearing his answer differently, but the question was focused on JJ then Daboll brought up that they also have a 'pretty good player' in Mercillus.  Took that response. as a nice compliment to Mercillus, not a dig

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

I think you’re just looking for stuff.  Daboll is a no-nonsense guy.  Why would he blow smoke up Josh’s ass?

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, gregor7777 said:

Which metric are you using to say Duke is better than Foster?

Seriously?

Williams 4 games 12 catches 166 yards 13.8 avg 1 TD … 3 catches 41.5 yards per game (really its better than that because he was injured in one game)

Foster 13 games 3 catches 66 yards 21.3 avg... 0.23 catches 5.1 yards per game

Duke is simply more productive.  He is the only WR on the team that is a big target.  He can high point balls and has good hands.  He is open when he isn't.  For all the talk about how he is slow and doesn't get open, that is not what I seen in his play.

Foster on the other hand is a one trick pony speedster that simply doesn't contribute to the offense much at all.  Sure, he is better on special teams than Duke is.  I couldn't care less about that.  Punt the ball out of bounds as our special teams sucks with or without Foster.  We need someone to help us score points.  Duke can provide something no one else on this roster can at WR.  Foster is the same player as McKenzie that also contributes more than Foster.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1