wppete

Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

4 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Before Peterman threw the interceptions that led to the Texans winning, he threw a touchdown pass that put the Bills ahead in the fourth quarter. I find it interesting that so many Bills fans have erased this part of the game from their memories. 

It’s hard to remember Peterman doing anything good. 

nice guy, great human being, but doesn’t belong in a real NFL game. It’s been proven over and over and over. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

Give it a listen and see if any of the rest of you guys see it that way.

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

-6:40 in: Questioner commented that Josh had said he gets "too ramped up" at the beginning of games and asked how do you convey the message to him to throttle down for lack of a better term?  Daboll said "You just try to stay in your routine, do the things you've done all year to prepare, take care of your body, and be ready to go when the time comes" "Is that really something that only experience can even out?" "I don't know"

Daboll was also just praising Coach Crennell to the skies.  I thought it was excessive.  It sounded like hero-worship almost to the point of being in awe or intimidated.  It just didn't sound like a "Man with a Confident Plan"

That's the way I see it as well. This is the same OC that was screaming at said young QB on the sideline. That's pretty atypical. I think there's an ever so slight rift. The offense has not performed well this season, so I would actually hope none of them feel good or even "content" with the overall production.

There's an easy way to solve that both against Houston(and hopefully another 3 opponents.)

SCORE MORE POINTS!

• Skeptical 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

Give it a listen and see if any of the rest of you guys see it that way.

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

-6:40 in: Questioner commented that Josh had said he gets "too ramped up" at the beginning of games and asked how do you convey the message to him to throttle down for lack of a better term?  Daboll said "You just try to stay in your routine, do the things you've done all year to prepare, take care of your body, and be ready to go when the time comes" "Is that really something that only experience can even out?" "I don't know"

Daboll was also just praising Coach Crennell to the skies.  I thought it was excessive.  It sounded like hero-worship almost to the point of being in awe or intimidated.  It just didn't sound like a "Man with a Confident Plan"

This looks to me like a no nonsense coach that knows what motivates his QB.  Allen seems like the type of player who wants brutal honesty about his play at all times and uses that feedback to improve.  I bet Jordan Palmer was mercilessly harsh on Allen's mechanics and instead of getting pissed and resisting the advise Allen embraced it.

Daboll was also being very honest about how big of a step up in energy & pace a playoff game is.  Allen hasn't experienced this and Daboll is going to make sure he understands that.

If you listen to Allen's comments on Daboll it's clear he holds his offensive coordinator is very high regard. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's the way I see it as well. This is the same OC that was screaming at said young QB on the sideline. That's pretty atypical. I think there's an ever so slight rift. The offense has not performed well this season, so I would actually hope none of them feel good or even "content" with the overall production.

There's an easy way to solve that both against Houston(and hopefully another 3 opponents.)

SCORE MORE POINTS!

TBH, I've thought Daboll has handled himself excellent this season.  I've grown to really appreciate Allen, but man, how could you not wanna tear into him from time to time?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s hard to remember Peterman doing anything good. 

nice guy, great human being, but doesn’t belong in a real NFL game. It’s been proven over and over and over. 

It has been proven, right. So why do Bills fans have to keep beating on him whenever anything even tangentially related to him comes up? Did he piss in their cornflakes or sleep with their girlfriend?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

It has been proven, right. So why do Bills fans have to keep beating on him whenever anything even tangentially related to him comes up? Did he piss in their cornflakes or sleep with their girlfriend?

He’s a pretty devout christian, I’m sure he didn’t sleep with anyone’s GF and do they even make Cornflakes anymore? Haven’t seen anyone eat those in years.

The reason I brought up Peterman was someone talked about the Houston game last year that Peterman played in. 

3 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Im not a fan of us being the 1st playoff game ... And since when do both the AFC games take place on the same day ?

We are in the playoffs no way someone could find something to B word about... Nm

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Im not a fan of us being the 1st playoff game ... And since when do both the AFC games take place on the same day ?

It’s fine.

They are well rested.

🤓

Listening to a Texans podcast discussion and they are bashing Josh Allen comparing him to Brock Oswieller and Ryan Mallet. These fools have no idea what they are talking about. Hope Hosh Allen torches that Defense! Can’t wait for Saturday! They think they are going to destroy us. Hilarious stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

Listening to a Texans podcast discussion and they are bashing Josh Allen comparing him to Brock Oswieller and Ryan Mallet. These fools have no idea what they are talking about. Hope Hosh Allen torches that Defense! Can’t wait for Saturday! They think they are going to destroy us. Hilarious stuff. 

I hope we unleash allen and he runs for 100+. 

seriously we could terrorize that texans defense with Allen using his mobility and catch them by surprise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in San Antonio and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

The good luck ball is going to Houston.

Note: Correction on the location

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Figster said:

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in EL Paso and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

love that story

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Figster said:

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in EL Paso and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

Awwwww❤️❤️❤️❤️

Great story!

I am going too.

Five hour drive on Friday.

Christians that night.

Tailgate before.

Game. SEC 610 Row D

Five  hour drive back on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Broadcast, no. Booger is terrible. 

I could never respect a man who willingly goes by Booger. Idgad if it’s a Family name. It’s a BOOGER, ferchristsake!

15 hours ago, egd said:

Now that Watt is back, the Bills have no chance.

Why are you here? Seriously, why?

7 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Before Peterman threw the interceptions that led to the Texans winning, he threw a touchdown pass that put the Bills ahead in the fourth quarter. I find it interesting that so many Bills fans have erased this part of the game from their memories. 

Why do you find it interesting that we couldn’t care less about 1 or 2 good plays the worst ever starting quarterback in NFL history had? 

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Bills offence can barely do that in 4 quarters.......

Terry & Kim have moved the 7pm Sabres game on Saturday to a 1pm start so there will be no overlap of the games and fans can catch both games

Hence why some gadget plays & trickery could work Saturday. Allen is big enough to run routes and do his best Nick Foles impersonation. I like our chances if we dominate both lines of scrimmage & hit the Texans with some trickery. Abandoning the punt would also be a good idea as I believe we will need to get into lots of 3rd & 4th & shorts to win. Dominating from the onset & playing aggressive will likely be the best path to victory. 

6 hours ago, Figster said:

Great stuff.

Traveled in TX a bit.  El Paso is around 800 miles from both Houston and Los Angeles. Big state. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

why not? Does it matter when we play? We're in the playoffs and I'm excited about the game

10 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I was surprised that the Bills didn't get the night game on Saturday, since it's a lot warmer in Houston (and inside too) than it is in Foxboro, and I figured they'd give a break to Pats/Titans by making it a little bit warmer for their game (by having it earlier in the day).