Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

Momentum shifts can be a thing in the course of a given game, but not week to week or anything. You don’t carry momentum into a postseason or lose it during a bye week etc. Anyway, as always in the NFL this game will be about matchups and making fewer mistakes than the opponent. As per usual with the Bills, their defense will be the biggest deciding factor. Josh Allen / OL will be a close second. If the offense can stay balanced , and in manageable third down situations the Bills will have a good look at a win in Houston. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

"Momentum" is a fiction discussed by fans.  It's not real.

What will affect our team more than anything is Allen's performance.  If it is about the same as usual, we don't win this game.

If he can string 4 good quarters together, play above his norm, and get us points in low 20s or better, we can win.

This all day. Momentum, as far as week-to-week goes, is all fiction. It’s something fans use as an excuse when their team loses. 

12 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I believe that Duke Williams needs to see the field.

I think he will.  And Andre Roberts may not be ready too.

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

I don't think Allen has to be lights out. If he can sustain drives, prevent turnovers, use his legs we win. Pretty much what he's been doing the past 10 games. 

With this team, we will always have a chance to win against the  Big boys.  the question has always been can they get it done.  This year the results were mixed...We beat the Cowboys and Steelers but lost to the Eagles, Patriots and the Ravens.  

14 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I believe that Duke Williams needs to see the field.

I think he will.  And Andre Roberts may not be ready too.

4:35 p.m. AFC Wild Card Game (ABC/ESPN) (#5) Buffalo Bills at (#4) Houston Texans Announcers: Joe Tessitore (play-by-play), Booger McFarland (analyst), Lisa Salters (reporter)

Read more: https://programminginsider.com/2019-20-nfl-playoffs-wild-card-weekend-tv-and-announcer-schedule/

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

anyone know how to listen to the game on the radio if you don’t have sirrus xm?   I’ll be driving out of town in the Tampa area

Local stations will carry the game.  Usually on CBS/Westwood 1.  You just need to find the right local sports channel as you lose signal strength when the station fades as you get too far away so you need to pick up a new station.

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Local stations will carry the game.  Usually on CBS/Westwood 1.  You just need to find the right local sports channel as you lose signal strength when the station fades as you get too far away so you need to pick up a new station.

To save yourself trouble, time, and distraction, you can look up the ESPN radio stations on your route and plug them into your radio presets. Then you just push the next button when one fades out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, westside2 said:

I don't think Allen has to be lights out. If he can sustain drives, prevent turnovers, use his legs we win. Pretty much what he's been doing the past 10 games. 

I agree.  Allen doesn't need to blow up, but the offense collectively is going to need to score points.  I doubt this is going to be a 17-13 type of game.  Fortunately Houston doesn't have a particularly scary defense.  Statistically this is the softest defense we've faced in a while.

Anyways, on to Houston. I feel the Bills can either get eliminated in the first round or go all the way to the Superbowl, it just depends on how they play. If the defense plays sloppy like they did against the Patriots in their second match (giving up long drives, missing tackles, etc...), then expect a early exit. If they play like they have for a majority of the season, then they could go far. The key for the defense is keeping the opposing offense to 17 points or less. For the Bills offense, they need to score 20+ points, as well as better play calling from Daboll. If he continues to run it 1st, 2nd, 3rd & goal from the 10 yard line, expect more losses (that's just a small example of Daboll's stupidity). Go Bills!!

16 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Think Duke, Sweeney, and Yeldon all showed they are worthy to be active. I doubt Yeldon is active but Sweeney and Duke can replace Smith and Foster

Sweeney is good but Smith is going to be needed vs Mercilus, JJ Watt etc.  He's a tough blocking veteran.   Kroft is another story....

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

Anyways, on to Houston. I feel the Bills can either get eliminated in the first round or go all the way to the Superbowl, it just depends on how they play. If the defense plays sloppy like they did against the Patriots in their second match (giving up long drives, missing tackles, etc...), then expect a early exit. If they play like they have for a majority of the season, then they could go far. The key for the defense is keeping the opposing offense to 17 points or less. For the Bills offense, they need to score 20+ points, as well as better play calling from Daboll. If he continues to run it 1st, 2nd, 3rd & goal from the 10 yard line, expect more losses (that's just a small example of Daboll's stupidity). Go Bills!!

obviously