Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

https://www.forbes.com/sites/curtisrush/2020/01/03/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-faces-biggest-test-of-young-nfl-career/

And this season isn’t the easiest to rate Allen. On occasion (against Dallas), he has been very good. But he’s also been ordinary (against Pittsburgh) and very bad (against New England in September).

But overall, Allen improved over his rookie campaign in most of the key categories: He improved his completion percentage, threw more touchdown passes per attempt, threw fewer interceptions per attempt, and threw more passing yards per game. The percentage of time when he was sacked while attempting to throw also went down.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Schopp and the Bulldog starting out their show by talking about how much they apparently don't care about this game..... Cooooool.

Schopp only cares about football as it relates to fantasy.  That is all he understands.  Not much for fantasy geeks to get excited about in this game, so lack of interest on his part.  Bulldog apes whatever Schopp says.  I cannot listen to them anymore.  

I'm insanely back & forth on this game. Changes every 5 minutes.

I watched the replay of the Saints/Texans on NFL last night. Texans should have won that game, and looked absolutely amazing. Watson is like Allen w/ the 4th quarter gene.

Then, I remember that they only scored 7 in their playoff loss last year.

But, they beat the Patriots this year - something the Bills cannot do.

Is it 4:30 yet?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

There’s still tickets left for sale? How? Are Houston fans not that excited about this game? 

Apparently not. I wonder how invested Houston is in the Texans? A lot of folks must have stopped caring when the Oilers left.

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Schopp and the Bulldog starting out their show by talking about how much they apparently don't care about this game..... Cooooool.

Aren't you impressed with how detached Schopp is? You'd think a Buffalo sports talk host would care about the topic he's hired to discuss. Total Jedi move. We're lucky to have him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Apparently not. I wonder how invested Houston is in the Texans? A lot of folks must have stopped caring when the Oilers left.

I live 2 hrs from Houston and don't see much Texans gear.  More Cowboys.  Astros/Rockets hats are seen so it is not the distance to Houston.

5 hours ago, Success said:

I watched the replay of the Saints/Texans on NFL last night. Texans should have won that game, and looked absolutely amazing. Watson is like Allen w/ the 4th quarter gene.

Yep, Kind of how I feel about them. Houston is such a streaky team. 
Watson is a gamer. Nobody beats Saban that isn’t a gamer. I think Deshaun is going to have a solid game. The offense will need to score 25+.

Bills can’t let JJ make some play early which Houston takes as some kind of sign. I don’t think JJ is fully healthy but if he gets a sack or makes some play his presence will take on a bigger meaning.

McDermott and Daboll have to play aggressive. Watson can score quick. Being up  in the 3rd quarter doesn’t mean anything. Bills need a game like Dallas. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

how fluky do we call the first 2-3 games of every year?  i consider that the teams figuring their identity out and the Saints just needed 1 point more to win, heck, the bengals lost to the Seahawks by 1 point week 1, how did that map out the rest of the year for both those teams?

Texans beating up on the Pats* was a prime time to do so, plus, the Pats* don't know the Texans as well as they know the Bills regardless of how brilliant BB is, also add into the fact they were loose and not as uptight as the Bills are whenever they play the Pats, there's an AFCE mystique for the Bills when playing the Pats*.

for me, this is more about the Defense as it is about Allen, 2019 'average' Allen can play this game and win, we need the 2019 'average' D to show up and i'm confident we'll walk away victorious.

Taking family to Sabres game and then headed to Pearl Street to watch game, couldnt get a reservation (for 5) at 716 but was able to get a table at Pearl. Anyone know how many TVs in that place worried about being seated at a table with no view of TV, never been there.

1 hour ago, billybob71 said:

Taking family to Sabres game and then headed to Pearl Street to watch game, couldnt get a reservation (for 5) at 716 but was able to get a table at Pearl. Anyone know how many TVs in that place worried about being seated at a table with no view of TV, never been there.

there is one large one in the main bar area, but I’m not too sure about the other floors or areas. 

Soho or Bada Bing, both on Chippewa, aren’t too far and both offer dining/drinks and plenty of viewing space. My party of 8 ate/drank for 4 hours at Soho for Bills v Pats two weeks ago and it worked out great. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

A lot of folks must have stopped caring when the Oilers left.

Had a year in Houston back in the Oiler days.  While the Astrodome was a piss-poor sports theater they had competitive teams and all the fame rituals that we associate with regional stars applied. No one bigger than Earl Campbell who kept asking me to play racquetball with him- I had never played it in my life and his thighs were bigger around than my chest so I figured that was a bad call. Tough bringing in another franchise when you had a loved one preceding it. I had some great times with Earl and his FB Tim Wilson. We finish the Texans season tomorrow, not the Oilers!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Success said:

just pre-game jitters! Try to relax. This team is full of gamers— they’re made to excel on this stage! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

there is one large one in the main bar area, but I’m not too sure about the other floors or areas. 

Soho or Bada Bing, both on Chippewa, aren’t too far and both offer dining/drinks and plenty of viewing space. My party of 8 ate/drank for 4 hours at Soho for Bills v Pats two weeks ago and it worked out great. 

Cool TY for the info i will check on that place