Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They'd be the Oilers if Bob McNair wasn't a jerk and retained all the franchises rights.  At least Modell left the names, jerseys, and history in Cleveland.  They definitely could've come up with a better name than the Texans though. 

I think the Texans did it right in regards to new  name and suits.  I hate when teams like the Clowns try to pretend like they're the old team when THEY ARE NOT.  Oilers are now the Titans and The Ravens are the old Clowns.  I wanted Texans to be either the Roughnecks or Fire Ants.  Texans is a dumb name and take it from a native Texan that lived there a long time, there have been tons of teams in Texas called the Texas.  Heck, even the Chiefs started out as the Dallas Texans.  I agree, dumb name.

Keeping the name the same is the NFLs way of downplaying the fact that teams move and leave the fans high and dry.  Here, take this dumpster fire but still call it what the old good team was.

Edited by reddogblitz

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think the Texans did it right in regards to new  name and suits.  I hate when teams like the Clowns try to pretend like they're the old team when THEY ARE NOT.  Oilers are now the Titans and The Ravens are the old Clowns.  I wanted Texans to be either the Roughnecks or Fire Ants.  Texans is a dumb name and take it from a native Texan that lived there a long time, there have been tons of teams in Texas called the Texas.  Heck, even the Chiefs started out as the Dallas Texans.  I agree, dumb name.

Keeping the name the same is the NFLs way of downplaying the fact that teams move and leave the fans high and dry.  Here, take this dumpster fire but still call it what the old good team was.

Interesting perspective.  I'd want the Bills name, logo, and colors back but I can see where you're coming from.  If I recall the Argos, Stallions, and Apollos were all turned down.  The Apollos name would've been pretty cool as they could do a space theme with the team.

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting stat...DiMarco has 41 yards receiving on the season and Robert “deep threat” Foster has 64.....glad he plays teams.

He wins the annual McD waste of a roster spot award I am now calling the “Tolberts” 

1 minute ago, Kevbeau said:

Seems like a winning formula 

Their entire shtick is the super realist, somewhat negative radio hosts....which is fine, but we're the day before a playoff game... maybe don't be Eeyore and Eeyore #2 today?

Edited by SCBills

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Schopp and the Bulldog starting out their show by talking about how much they apparently don't care about this game..... Cooooool.

I am guessing they meant whether we win or not doesn’t matter in how we judge this season went. This season is already a success for the team in that our young players and many new players formed a better team than expected. The reality is we don’t have the talent to make a long playoff run but it sure would be fun to win a game or two. Never listen to Shoop. They are just awful. Maybe the worst post game commentary of any team in the league! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting perspective.  I'd want the Bills name, logo, and colors back but I can see where you're coming from.  If I recall the Argos, Stallions, and Apollos were all turned down.  The Apollos name would've been pretty cool as they could do a space theme with the team.

I had a friend that i worked with that lived in Houston and was a sports nut.  She of course hated that the Oilers moved and was super excited about the Texans starting up.  There were several names in the mix including Roughnecks and a few others.  they had polls etc but when the owner announced Texans it came out of left field.  She didn't like it, but what can you do?

If the Bills ever moved and Buffalo got a new team (like that would happen or I would be around)  I would want a better name like Buffalos or something.  Or maybe just pull a Madonna/Cher and go with just go with Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I had a friend that i worked with that lived in Houston and was a sports nut.  She of course hated that the Oilers moved and was super excited about the Texans starting up.  There were several names in the mix including Roughnecks and a few others.  they had polls etc but when the owner announced Texans it came out of left field.  She didn't like it, but what can you do?

If the Bills ever moved and Buffalo got a new team (like that would happen or I would be around)  I would want a better name like Buffalos or something.  Or maybe just pull a Madonna/Cher and go with just go with Buffalo.

The Buffalo Buffalos. 

Really thought that one out, didn't you?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I am guessing they meant whether we win or not doesn’t matter in how we judge this season went. This season is already a success for the team in that our young players and many new players formed a better team than expected. The reality is we don’t have the talent to make a long playoff run but it sure would be fun to win a game or two. Never listen to Shoop. They are just awful. Maybe the worst post game commentary of any team in the league

I think this team does have the talent to win a game or two, and I would say winning 2 games is a long playoff run. That means you’re playing three, and puts you in the AFC championship game starting as a wildcard.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Quick TV question, for anyone that knows. 

The game is on ABC and ESPN. Does that mean we can watch on either channel? Or does showing it on local ABC somehow blackout showing it on ESPN? 

Either channel it is a simulcast.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

Interesting stat...DiMarco has 41 yards receiving on the season and Robert “deep threat” Foster has 64.....glad he plays teams.

He wins the annual McD waste of a roster spot award I am now calling the “Tolberts” 

It should be the Peterman award

• Like (+1) 1