Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

I like Watson but the " playoff games are nothing new"  article from Leo - come on

he's played one playoff game threw for 235 yds on 49 attempts and scored 7 point in a loss.

Pump the brakes that division has been taken by 10 wins twice by 9 wins twice in the last 5 years.

Again I like Watson but they arent beating out the Patriots at 14 and 2

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I put this in the Love thread but

it may belong here too 

Does Josh Allen need to outperform Deshaun Watson for Bills to win?

No.  If we win it will be due to our defense keeping Watson under control.  Allen just has to be Allen.  Take care of the ball, extend plays, take what the defense gives him, and play smart.

Man I really hope the Bills win.   My sports interests really falls off a cliff once football stops.   I don’t follow the NBA and lost interest in college basketball when SU became pretty pedestrian a few years back.   I care about the Sabres a little but not enough to make up for it. 

3 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Here's a thought: The "Texans" is an absolutely IDIOTIC name for that team. It would be like the Bills being named the Buffalo New Yorkers, or the Rams being named the Los Angeles Californians.....or how about the Miami Floridians?

So, by the idiotic name alone, they deserve to lose!  AMIRITE?  LOL

But the Montreal Canadians is a great name.

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I put this in the Love thread but

it may belong here too 

Does Josh Allen need to outperform Deshaun Watson for Bills to win?

I agree with just about everything in this video, except for the last part where she mentions she would like the Bills better if they were at home.

6-2 on the road, 4-4 @ home, I’m cool with them bein road dogs the whole way through.  

To me the home field doesn’t matter in this particular game, it’s not going to effect the defense and the defense will win this game for Buffalo, while the Bills offense does just enough.

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I agree with just about everything in this video, except for the last part where she mentions she would like the Bills better if they were at home.

6-2 on the road, 4-4 @ home, I’m cool with them bein road dogs the whole way through.  

To me the home field doesn’t matter in this particular game, it’s not going to effect the defense and the defense will win this game for Buffalo, while the Bills offense does just enough.

I actually prefer the road game here - indoors so no weather issues, plus our fans travel. Also the team seems to feel less pressure on the road sometimes? Maybe. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, John in Jax said:

Here's a thought: The "Texans" is an absolutely IDIOTIC name for that team. It would be like the Bills being named the Buffalo New Yorkers, or the Rams being named the Los Angeles Californians.....or how about the Miami Floridians?

You do realize our team is called the “Bills” right? I think that pretty much negates any opportunity for us to put down another team’s name...?

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You do realize our team is called the “Bills” right? I think that pretty much negates any opportunity for us to put down another team’s name...?

So naming the Buffalo team after a guy who is famous for killing many many thousands of buffalos is not a point of pride?

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, John in Jax said:

They'd be the Oilers if Bob McNair wasn't a jerk and retained all the franchises rights.  At least Modell left the names, jerseys, and history in Cleveland.  They definitely could've come up with a better name than the Texans though. 

Let's not forget, the Bills actually had an intense rivalry with the Houston Oilers.

Those Oiler teams were mighty talented and they made the playoffs 7 straight years from 87-93 (the Bills did it from 88-93).

And in those 7 seasons, the teams met every year, except 91, either in the regular season or playoffs (both in 92).

Lot's of memories with the city of Houston. The Bills and Texans have a long way to go to satisfy that rivalry with the Oilers. Maybe tomorrow is a start.

Favoring the Bills, of course ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

for the most part you are correct,  Football in Buffalo winter weather can be tough. If its not unseasonably warm. 

Seattle is 7-1 on the road and 4-4 @ home as well.  BUT a home playoff game crowd, being LOUD as HELL makes a difference.

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Let's not forget, the Bills actually had an intense rivalry with the Houston Oilers.

Those Oiler teams were mighty talented and they made the playoffs 7 straight years from 87-93 (the Bills did it from 88-93).

And in those 7 seasons, the teams met every year, except 91, either in the regular season or playoffs (both in 92).

Lot's of memories with the city of Houston. The Bills and Texans have a long way to go to satisfy that rivalry with the Oilers. Maybe tomorrow is a start.

Favoring the Bills, of course ?

no, let’s forget it 

Just about everything except the names of the cities is different