Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

39 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Pulled this off a Texans Message Board:

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/wildcard-round-bills-at-texans.114838/

This feels like a really favorable match-up for us, but my BBFS is raging... 

Whoever wrote that is a bigger Bills fan than some of the "Bills fans," who post here!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Pulled this off a Texans Message Board:

https://www.texanstalk.com/threads/wildcard-round-bills-at-texans.114838/

This feels like a really favorable match-up for us, but my BBFS is raging... 

Seems like a really reasonable take and I pretty much agree with it. Also think Beasley will have a big game along with Brown, but I think Beasley gives the Texans the biggest problem.

8 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Just wondering if this was an early season game those players would be ruled out 

Probably some of them.  I would imagine in the playoffs people will play more banged up then they normally would.  Look at Watt... a torn pec is said to take 4-6 months to heal and it could take up to year to have full strength back.  Watt tore his pec like 2 months ago?

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Just wondering if this was an early season game those players would be ruled out 

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Probably some of them.  I would imagine in the playoffs people will play more banged up then they normally would.  Look at Watt... a torn pec is said to take 4-6 months to heal and it could take up to year to have full strength back.  Watt tore his pec like 2 months ago?

to add to what Scott said ... 

they will play injured and possible risk their careers as well.   Look at when RGIII was playing hurt in DC.  It ruined his career there and got Shanny fired. 

If it wasn't for Lamar in Baltimore RGIII wouldn't be a turnkey replacement and do well.  

16 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Despite JJ being a 3 time DPOY, Fuller is the one I fear more. Putting a sure handed burner opposite Hopkins with our starting CB nursing a bum ankle is downright frightening. Watson has a big arm and hits those two with accuracy downfield.

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Despite JJ being a 3 time DPOY, Fuller is the one I fear more. Putting a sure handed burner opposite Hopkins with our starting CB nursing a bum ankle is downright frightening. Watson has a big arm and hits those two with accuracy downfield.

I’m way more concerned about Watt.  His presence on the field will motivate the rest of their defense.  If we lose this game it will be because the offense lays an egg.  If the offense can’t put points on the board, it will put a lot of pressure on the defense to get a stop (which is same story we saw all year).  Houston is too good on offense to not eventually put some points on the board.  The offense needs to show up and score early!  Houston getting Watt back is a big advantage for them.  Their defense without him is very pedestrian.  Was not concerned at all about their D until the news that he was returning.

11 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’m way more concerned about Watt.  His presence on the field will motivate the rest of their defense.  If we lose this game it will be because the offense lays an egg.  If the offense can’t put points on the board, it will put a lot of pressure on the defense to get a stop (which is same story we saw all year).  Houston is too good on offense to not eventually put some points on the board.  The offense needs to show up and score early!  Houston getting Watt back is a big advantage for them.  Their defense without him is very pedestrian.  Was not concerned at all about their D until the news that he was returning.

I feel the biggest positive Watt may give them is more kind of energy/mindset boost vs actual plays on the field.  He can't be close to 100%, and it's debatable whether he'll even have the stamina to play most of the game.  On one of the shows this week I think it was MJD who said he would just run right at him from the start and just beat him down, knowing he's not even close to "football shape"

Texans fan here. Our defense is very much a bend but don’t break defense so I fully expect y’all to put up some points against us as we do break sometimes lol. That being said it won’t be a cakewalk especially if watt is anywhere close to 100%. As for the offense that’s a whole other story. Not sure how y’all’s run defense is but that will be the key to having a shot at shutting down the Texans. Everyone worries about our passing game and maybe rightfully so, but our passing game runs through our run game. Not only does it make us one dimensional to have our run game shut down but it takes away all our play action and rollout plays which is how we usually like to throw the deep ball. So to me, the biggest key to y’alls victory Saturday is to stop the run, if y’all don’t I think y’all lose. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I can't find anything on the Bills active roster for Saturday's game.  Is there any word about Duke being active for the game?

We likely will not know anything until Saturday when the deactive players list is released. McD isn't going to tip his hat one way or another