Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

42 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

not saying he hasn’t done well. But you make it sound like the Bills OL are scrubs. 

Spain is a top OG

Dawkins is a hell of a LT

Morse is a top Center 

Felciano is a very good OG. 

If they are so good, why are the Bills 24th in Offense? They are a big step ahead of last year, but we need another top flight OL for next season if we are to move forward.

8 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

this will be an epic battle. Not sure White has been tested by a guy of Hopkins’s caliber. Just have to make sure to limit any big plays. 

He played him last year. Also, I would put OBJ in his category. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

If they are so good, why are the Bills 24th in Offense? They are a big step ahead of last year, but we need another top flight OL for next season if we are to move forward.

If you are putting the Bills inadequacies on offense on the offensive line, you are looking in the wrong direction. Scheme and poor playcalling at opportune times have been the issue. Drops have also been a huge issue through most every game. Protection has not been perfect, but you will probably note that one player left out of the statement you are quoting is Cody Ford. While improved, a lot of QB pressure was coming directly from that side of the line.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DE Bills Fan said:

how many top end defenses have they played?

31 minutes ago, JoeF said:
Remarkably, every member of the #Bills active roster is on the practice field Wednesday ahead of their playoff matchup with the Houston Texans.

Comment:  Levi Wallace, Ty Nsekhe, Andre Roberts and Shaq Lawson all on the field.  This is truly amazing.  Its been a blessed year from an injury standpoint.

Obviously there's some luck involved, but I really believe some of this is the result of the investment the Pegulas put into the training facilities.  Top notch.  It's no longer going to be difficult to convince players to come here.

• Like (+1) 4

No one was calling feliciano a top OL going into the season and there were some doubts on Spain as well after he wasn’t resigned by the titans. Dawkins was coming off a bit so good year. I think our line is above average which is a tremendous improvement and a credit to Johnson. I think I’m ok with Dawkins as a franchise LT but I still have some concerns. Either way resign Spain and see if you can improve anywhere. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

this will be an epic battle. Not sure White has been tested by a guy of Hopkins’s caliber. Just have to make sure to limit any big plays. 

I agree. I see Hopkins getting 6 for 60 and a score, much like last season. And Tre will have done a great job of limiting his effectiveness in the meantime. Bigger keys for me are Edmunds and Milano limiting their TEs.

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree. I see Hopkins getting 6 for 60 and a score, much like last season. And Tre will have done a great job of limiting his effectiveness in the meantime. Bigger keys for me are Edmunds and Milano limiting their TEs.

agreed. He keeps him in check to something like 6/60, I will be thrilled. Gilmore held Hopkins to 5/60, but if you saw that game, Gilmore handchecked Hopkins all day and it was never called. I don’t think Tre will be able to get away with that; will have to guard him clean. 

7 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

agreed. He keeps him in check to something like 6/60, I will be thrilled. Gilmore held Hopkins to 5/60, but if you saw that game, Gilmore handchecked Hopkins all day and it was never called. I don’t think Tre will be able to get away with that; will have to guard him clean. 

Good point about letting these guys play without calling all the tic tac penalties we too often see. Gilmore gets away with murder, Tre tends to get flagged just for looking at a receiver the wrong way. Let em play.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tesla03 said:

Spain is average, not not a top guard by any means lol

He has played every down this year and not allowed a sack...

Can we have that type of “ average” performance every year please?

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Possible smoke screen but it makes sense that he'll be on a snap count in his first game back from injury.

Coach Translator:  He's playing every snap where he is still breathing...