Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

36 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I really, really hope this is a sign Duke will be active and Foster won't 

I don't know. 

Allen said some stuff in his presser about "you dance with who brought you" and "we're not going to be doing new stuff" IIRC

Houston has one of the best ST games in the league IIRC.  I don't think Heath Farwell plans to give up Foster.

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Isn't the game also being played on ABC? Or is that strictly in the buffalo area?

Yes.  It is a national simulcast on ABC - not just the Buffalo area.  We have an OTA antenna and will be getting the game in Seattle :).

9 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

If Fuller is really a full-go ( I’m not convinced ) , then the Bills chances for victory go down quite a bit. Texans passing game is a different animal when Hopkins, Fuller and Stills are all on the field. Relentless pass rush becomes paramount. 

Would have loved to seen something come to fruition given Beane's pursuit of big time pass rusher's LAST offseason because I anticipated the Bills having a real chance to make some noise. But what's done is done and I believe they'll get that done THIS offseason.

The best way to stop any QB with that many weapons is to get in their face early and often. Let's hope Hughes, Murphy, Lawson, Phillips, and EO play their A game. Let's face facts; we're gonna need to the defense as a whole to perform extremely well in the playoffs if we're going to advance. Offense just isn't there yet.

It's encouraging that McD's scheme gave Watson fits the first go round.

Man it’s been so long since the Bills have won a playoff game. It’s ridiculous. It should never go 25 years without a playoff win but whatever. This game is winnable and it would be the best win in many Bills fans entire lives. Keep doing what we do. Give it to 26 early and often and play great defense. We can do this. Please. It’s been way to long. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know. 

Allen said some stuff in his presser about "you dance with who brought you" and "we're not going to be doing new stuff" IIRC

Houston has one of the best ST games in the league IIRC.  I don't think Heath Farwell plans to give up Foster.

I hope were wrong  I think a viable third WR in routes would make a huge difference for Josh

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/j-j-watt-fires-up-teammates-with-speech-tuesday/

‘J.J. Watt fires up teammates with speech Tuesday’

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt‘s return is inspirational enough as the team readies for a Saturday wild-card round game against the Bills.

“I think activating J.J. is huge, mentally, spiritually, for sure,” defensive back Bradley Roby said, via Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle. “He’s a big part of this city, on and off the field. He’s a leader for this team. I think his mere presence out there will affect the game in a great way.”

As if that wasn’t enough, the Texans defensive end fired up his teammates with a speech Tuesday.

“I’m glad to have him back, for sure,” left tackle Laremy Tunsil said. “You should have heard that speech he said at practice. It kind of gave us chills. It was a good speech. It’s great to have a leader like J.J. Watt back. Let’s go.”

Watt was added to the active roster today. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Doesn’t the new decade technically start in 2021?

Technically yes you're right. But thats just not the way people think. Like when you turn 20, 30, 40 years old, each time you hit one of those years you consider it a new decade of your life by default of digits. Its the same thing with the calendar & 2020. Its a bit illogical but its just the way it is

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Man it’s been so long since the Bills have won a playoff game. It’s ridiculous. It should never go 25 years without a playoff win but whatever. This game is winnable and it would be the best win in many Bills fans entire lives. Keep doing what we do. Give it to 26 early and often and play great defense. We can do this. Please. It’s been way to long. Go Bills!

It's crazy to think what I was doing & where I was in my life the last time we won a playoff game.   This team has tested us, for sure.

But it really has to end now.  I have immense respect for Houston & they won't be a pushover - but the Bills have to do whatever it takes.  L.  F.  G.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know. 

Allen said that in reference to what?

A direct question about whether Duke would play?

Was looking into going to the game until I saw the absolute ridiculous round trip flight costs of $1100 BEFORE the airlines kill you with their add on fees.

Just absolute craziness. No way in the world a flight ANYWHERE in the US should cost this much. I could almost fly round trip to Europe for that.

• Like (+1) 3

Tashaun Gipson ... starting safety for the Texans unexpectedly placed on IR .. I hope he is better for next year .. but sooooooo glad he will be out for Saturday. Don’t care how we win .... just win!!!!

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/texans-will-have-to-get-creative-to-replace-tashaun-gipson-for-the-wild-card-round

Edited by CorkScrewHill

4 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This.

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Was looking into going to the game until I saw the absolute ridiculous round trip flight costs of $1100 BEFORE the airlines kill you with their add on fees.

Just absolute Capitalism. No way in the world a flight ANYWHERE in the US should cost this much. I could almost fly round trip to Europe for that.

FYP

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Allen said that in reference to what?

A direct question about whether Duke would play?

He said it in reference to their practice routine this week.

5 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Tashaun Gipson ... starting safety for the Texans unexpectedly placed on IR .. I hope he is better for next year .. but sooooooo glad he will be out for Saturday. Don’t care how we win .... just win!!!!

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/texans-will-have-to-get-creative-to-replace-tashaun-gipson-for-the-wild-card-round

I don't. I'd be fine if he never played another down.

I'll always consider him an all-time scumbag for going low on EJ and then celebrating the resulting injury.

• Like (+1) 2