Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

Listening to a Texans podcast discussion and they are bashing Josh Allen comparing him to Brock Oswieller and Ryan Mallet. These fools have no idea what they are talking about. Hope Hosh Allen torches that Defense! Can’t wait for Saturday! They think they are going to destroy us. Hilarious stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, wppete said:

Listening to a Texans podcast discussion and they are bashing Josh Allen comparing him to Brock Oswieller and Ryan Mallet. These fools have no idea what they are talking about. Hope Hosh Allen torches that Defense! Can’t wait for Saturday! They think they are going to destroy us. Hilarious stuff. 

I hope we unleash allen and he runs for 100+. 

seriously we could terrorize that texans defense with Allen using his mobility and catch them by surprise. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in San Antonio and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

The good luck ball is going to Houston.

Note: Correction on the location

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Figster said:

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in EL Paso and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

love that story

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Figster said:

My army Brat niece is taking her husband and 5 year old son to his 1st ever live NFL game. She's stationed in EL Paso and is taking advantage of the location.  A football that was given to her at a practice back in 92 in Ferdonia by Caldwell Gardener is going along for the ride. It originated from a pass by Jim Kelly and after Gardner had dropped it the ball rolled off the practice field.  My niece picked it up and kind of rolled it back to him. The giant of a man picked the ball up and handed it back to her, ruffled her hair and took off back onto the practice field. My niece became a Bills fan for life. She was only 4 years old at the time and cherishes the memory. As did my late Dad who had taken her to the practice.. Naturally the good luck ball (we call it) has taken on special meaning over the years.

Awwwww❤️❤️❤️❤️

Great story!

I am going too.

Five hour drive on Friday.

Christians that night.

Tailgate before.

Game. SEC 610 Row D

Five  hour drive back on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Broadcast, no. Booger is terrible. 

I could never respect a man who willingly goes by Booger. Idgad if it’s a Family name. It’s a BOOGER, ferchristsake!

15 hours ago, egd said:

Now that Watt is back, the Bills have no chance.

Why are you here? Seriously, why?

7 hours ago, Dr. K said:

Before Peterman threw the interceptions that led to the Texans winning, he threw a touchdown pass that put the Bills ahead in the fourth quarter. I find it interesting that so many Bills fans have erased this part of the game from their memories. 

Why do you find it interesting that we couldn’t care less about 1 or 2 good plays the worst ever starting quarterback in NFL history had? 

13 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

The Bills offence can barely do that in 4 quarters.......

Terry & Kim have moved the 7pm Sabres game on Saturday to a 1pm start so there will be no overlap of the games and fans can catch both games

Hence why some gadget plays & trickery could work Saturday. Allen is big enough to run routes and do his best Nick Foles impersonation. I like our chances if we dominate both lines of scrimmage & hit the Texans with some trickery. Abandoning the punt would also be a good idea as I believe we will need to get into lots of 3rd & 4th & shorts to win. Dominating from the onset & playing aggressive will likely be the best path to victory. 

6 hours ago, Figster said:

Great stuff.

Traveled in TX a bit.  El Paso is around 800 miles from both Houston and Los Angeles. Big state. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Im not a fan of us being the 1st playoff game ... And since when do both the AFC games take place on the same day ?

why not? Does it matter when we play? We're in the playoffs and I'm excited about the game

10 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Im not a fan of us being the 1st playoff game ... And since when do both the AFC games take place on the same day ?

I was surprised that the Bills didn't get the night game on Saturday, since it's a lot warmer in Houston (and inside too) than it is in Foxboro, and I figured they'd give a break to Pats/Titans by making it a little bit warmer for their game (by having it earlier in the day).

5 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I was surprised that the Bills didn't get the night game on Saturday, since it's a lot warmer in Houston (and inside too) than it is in Foxboro, and I figured they'd give a break to Pats/Titans by making it a little bit warmer for their game (by having it earlier in the day).

This is number 1 million and 1 on the nfl’s list of considerations regarding scheduling 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I think carrying the Pats*** on primetime is always the NFL's goal, particularly when they are trying to reach a 4th consecutive Super Bowl.

We'll get that sort of treatment a couple of years from now.  ;)

7 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Awwwww❤️❤️❤️❤️

Great story!

I am going too.

Five hour drive on Friday.

Christians that night.

Tailgate before.

Game. SEC 610 Row D

Five  hour drive back on Sunday.

I'll pass this info on to Paris If you don't mind. I'll also get her seating info this week and give you a shout back.

I already told her I have a friend from our Bills forum that lives in Texas that I thought might be going.

Awesome.

My niece wants to get Jim Kellys signature on her football and I'm sure he will make it to the game. Perhaps you can give her a hand. I know your not bashful at all about mixing it up with Bills players.

https://www.myplainview.com/sports/article/Bills-believe-they-re-better-prepared-for-14940312.php

Bills believe they're better prepared for playoffs than 2017

John Wawrow, Ap Sports Writer

Bills linebacker Lorenzo Alexander acknowledges how Buffalo's previous playoff appearance two years ago might have been a fluke.

"That 9-7 team that made the playoffs?" Alexander said, recalling how the Bills had all the tiebreakers go their way — including Baltimore losing to Cincinnati on Tyler Boyd's last-minute touchdown catch — before sneaking in as the AFC's final seed. "We probably, talent-wise, shouldn't have been there, but we found a way to get it in."

This year, the 13-year veteran said, is far different.

"We're legit," Alexander said.

Houston is such a good matchup for us it almost seems too good to be true.  Their biggest strength is passing, but we have one of best passing defenses in the league.  Their biggest weakness is their pass rush, and our biggest weakness all year was handling teams with good pass rush.  Couldn't ask for a better matchup.  Hopefully, we play to our potential and don't lay an egg; would be truly disappointing if Watson torches our defense after the year they had.

• Like (+1) 1