Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Facebook of McDermott Interview

Joe ain't just a kiddin.  He made the reporters ask individually about players.  Like pulling teeth.

Twitter link

Haha exactly. mcdermott was not going to volunteer any of that info on injured players lol.  Good for him though, as fans we want to know right now what the status is of the players, but keep Houston guessing.  

Although Levi is no Tre White. hes still a very good player, and has been successful in a rotation with johnson throughout the 2nd half of season.  If he indeed had a low grade sprain, I think he will play.  Nsekhe. I'd be shocked if hes back.  Hoping that Shaqs hammy is resting and healing well. 

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration with Josh on the part of Daboll. 

Give it a listen and see if any of the rest of you guys see it that way.

Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing.

Also, I will say that Daboll comes across as the tough/"old school" coach, meaning he sees so much more potential in josh.  I see alot of constructive criticism, as opposed to raining him with compliments...both coaching styles are successful, that is just who Daboll is.  Time will tell if it 'meshes' with Josh. but so far I'd say Josh is on the right path.

Btw, that Frazier interview was also impressive.  Both Frazier and Daboll have that leadership that goes beyond X & Os, just thankful we have such a great staff in place, hopefully can keep that going for a long time!

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Also, I will say that Daboll comes across as the tough/"old school" coach, meaning he sees so much more potential in josh.  I see alot of constructive criticism, as opposed to raining him with compliments...both coaching styles are successful, that is just who Daboll is.  Time will tell if it 'meshes' with Josh. but so far I'd say Josh is on the right path.

Btw, that Frazier interview was also impressive.  Both Frazier and Daboll have that leadership that goes beyond X & Os, just thankful we have such a great staff in place, hopefully can keep that going for a long time!

I'm sure Daboll is frustrated in missed opportunities.  Josh on the other hand has  had games where came in looking aloof or not into it.  I wonder if he knows ahead what the game plan consists of and its the Bills O in neutral playing it safe  Hopefully they catch fire for a playoff run

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

I'm sure Daboll is frustrated in missed opportunities.  Josh on the other hand has  had games where came in looking aloof or not into it.  I wonder if he knows ahead what the game plan consists of and its the Bills O in neutral playing it safe  Hopefully they catch fire for a playoff run

I have no idea what you mean here.  I have not seen anything I would describe as such.

• Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Watson was hurt I believe and they were pretty flat. Yes the Bills hung in there and really should of taken advantage of the situation and won. Alas Peter(PAN)man came in and threw up interceptions for everyone to have!

I don’t think last years game has much to do with this years game at all.

Before Peterman threw the interceptions that led to the Texans winning, he threw a touchdown pass that put the Bills ahead in the fourth quarter. I find it interesting that so many Bills fans have erased this part of the game from their memories. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Before Peterman threw the interceptions that led to the Texans winning, he threw a touchdown pass that put the Bills ahead in the fourth quarter. I find it interesting that so many Bills fans have erased this part of the game from their memories. 

It’s hard to remember Peterman doing anything good. 

nice guy, great human being, but doesn’t belong in a real NFL game. It’s been proven over and over and over. 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, no....Daboll going up on the locker room wall in Texas.  Just called JJ Watt "a beast" (truth if healthy) and Whitney Mercilus a "pretty good player"

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

-6:40 in: Questioner commented that Josh had said he gets "too ramped up" at the beginning of games and asked how do you convey the message to him to throttle down for lack of a better term?  Daboll said "You just try to stay in your routine, do the things you've done all year to prepare, take care of your body, and be ready to go when the time comes" "Is that really something that only experience can even out?" "I don't know"

Daboll was also just praising Coach Crennell to the skies.  I thought it was excessive.  It sounded like hero-worship almost to the point of being in awe or intimidated.  It just didn't sound like a "Man with a Confident Plan"

That's the way I see it as well. This is the same OC that was screaming at said young QB on the sideline. That's pretty atypical. I think there's an ever so slight rift. The offense has not performed well this season, so I would actually hope none of them feel good or even "content" with the overall production.

There's an easy way to solve that both against Houston(and hopefully another 3 opponents.)

SCORE MORE POINTS!

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I also could be reading some stuff into this, but I'm sensing some frustration on the part of Daboll with his young QB

-1:40 in: Second week in a row in his presser he's responded "That would be a good question to ask Josh", for one thing (this was in regard to Josh's growth after being hurt in the Texans game last year, and he said "I haven't reflected on it, to be honest with you, we have a tall task ahead of us, that would be a....")

-2:33 in: He was asked how he thought the last month had prepared Josh for being on a stage like this.  He said "Yeah, Well, We'll see...he hasn't been in a playoff game"

-6:40 in: Questioner commented that Josh had said he gets "too ramped up" at the beginning of games and asked how do you convey the message to him to throttle down for lack of a better term?  Daboll said "You just try to stay in your routine, do the things you've done all year to prepare, take care of your body, and be ready to go when the time comes" "Is that really something that only experience can even out?" "I don't know"

Daboll was also just praising Coach Crennell to the skies.  I thought it was excessive.  It sounded like hero-worship almost to the point of being in awe or intimidated.  It just didn't sound like a "Man with a Confident Plan"

This looks to me like a no nonsense coach that knows what motivates his QB.  Allen seems like the type of player who wants brutal honesty about his play at all times and uses that feedback to improve.  I bet Jordan Palmer was mercilessly harsh on Allen's mechanics and instead of getting pissed and resisting the advise Allen embraced it.

Daboll was also being very honest about how big of a step up in energy & pace a playoff game is.  Allen hasn't experienced this and Daboll is going to make sure he understands that.

If you listen to Allen's comments on Daboll it's clear he holds his offensive coordinator is very high regard. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

That's the way I see it as well. This is the same OC that was screaming at said young QB on the sideline. That's pretty atypical. I think there's an ever so slight rift. The offense has not performed well this season, so I would actually hope none of them feel good or even "content" with the overall production.

There's an easy way to solve that both against Houston(and hopefully another 3 opponents.)

SCORE MORE POINTS!

TBH, I've thought Daboll has handled himself excellent this season.  I've grown to really appreciate Allen, but man, how could you not wanna tear into him from time to time?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

It’s hard to remember Peterman doing anything good. 

nice guy, great human being, but doesn’t belong in a real NFL game. It’s been proven over and over and over. 

It has been proven, right. So why do Bills fans have to keep beating on him whenever anything even tangentially related to him comes up? Did he piss in their cornflakes or sleep with their girlfriend?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

It has been proven, right. So why do Bills fans have to keep beating on him whenever anything even tangentially related to him comes up? Did he piss in their cornflakes or sleep with their girlfriend?

He’s a pretty devout christian, I’m sure he didn’t sleep with anyone’s GF and do they even make Cornflakes anymore? Haven’t seen anyone eat those in years.

The reason I brought up Peterman was someone talked about the Houston game last year that Peterman played in.