Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

3 points to make about this big debate

1) yes Duke is the big tall wr and yes he.  does get extra yards after the catch, he did drop one pass and beat himself up for it and also had a really nice catch for a first down and did his little dance party moves did not come back to the line of scrimmage and cost the bills a time out. The look on McD face said it all

2) many people have said Murphy is not worth it true his sacks were against a te and a tackle the tackle he just ran around. Next play he lost the outside containment and bell just ran around him he didn't even move another play Arnold ran right in front of him and he did not move my th I ought was is he clueless I don't know

3) ed Oliver countless times this year and yesterday he moved his guy of the line back 1 to 2 yards with his leverage wich is great

But because he is so low to the ground when he does this the linemen just fall on top of him to take him out of the play happened 3 times against the Jets

Smile were in the playoffs everyone is 0-0

• Like (+1) 2

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but I just read a story on espn.com about the playoffs, and out of the 12 teams, the Bills are given the lowest chance (only .5 %, yes, not even 1%) to reach, not win, the SB. Those are lllllloooonnnngggggg odds! Lol

8 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Not sure if this has been posted in this thread yet, but I just read a story on espn.com about the playoffs, and out of the 12 teams, the Bills are given the lowest chance (only .5 %, yes, not even 1%) to reach, not win, the SB. Those are lllllloooonnnngggggg odds! Lol

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Would you expect anything else from this failing sports channel. Love the bulletin board material. 

Welp, Pack up Guys!  ESPN gives us a 0.5% chance of Superbowl:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28385387/2019-nfl-playoffs-preview-schedule-bracket-super-bowl-chances-every-team

Reason for hope: If you're in the "defense wins championships" crowd, you probably consider the Bills a legitimate contender. They entered Week 17 ranked No. 5 in defensive DVOA and No. 2 in points allowed. They have an active front, multiple playmakers in the back end and make opponents work for everything. This is a team built to stifle opponents and hope that the offense can find a way to score enough to win.

Reason for concern: Quarterback Josh Allen has no doubt improved from his rookie season and offers a unique set of playmaking skills. Most notably, he is a good-enough runner for the Bills to design plays for him. But any objective ranking of playoff passers would put him at or near the bottom. There wouldn't be a ton of optimism if the Bills need to throw to win a game.

21 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

I just saw this but I added the link and the quote

Where's my "Buffalo VS. Everybody" hoodie?

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I was pleasantly surprised by Sweeney’s performance yesterday. The announcers summed it up pretty well when they were noting that he would sit down in the right area of the field to present himself for the throw. That’s something that had been missing from the TE group. Dawson does pretty well coming across the field and going on the long ball, and perhaps it’s playcalling, but there doesn’t seem to be that “set up in the middle of the zone” play that has been run successfully with the tight ends aside from Sweeney yesterday.

I wonder if allens just later on the reads on those types of routes so they aren't open when he goes through progressions?  Or if Barkleys arm limitations forced them to change things up a bit to make up for it. 

Very interesting blurb from the Athletic today...

https://theathletic.com/1497031/2019/12/30/sandos-pick-six-previewing-the-wild-card-matchups-through-the-eyes-of-coaches-and-execs/

The aforementioned Week 4 game between the Panthers and Texans could provide a blueprint. Ron Rivera was the Panthers’ coach at the time, which matters because Bills coach Sean McDermott spent five seasons as the Panthers’ defensive coordinator under him, from 2011-16.

“McDermott is going to devour that late September tape of Carolina vs. Houston,” a defensive coach said. “If McDermott can catch Coach Rivera in between his head coach interviews, he is going to have a nice conversation with him about how they defended Houston. That will be a hidden advantage to Buffalo.”

The Panthers held Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson to less than 4.9 per pass attempt in that Week 4 game, a season low for Watson and the third-worst figure of his career, counting playoffs.

Edited by Juice_32
  • Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

"Momentum" is the most overused term in sports. There's really no such thing. The way the season ended will have ZERO bearing on what goes down in Houston. None whatsoever. The team needs to play better than they have if they're going to advance in the playoffs.

I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that our scheme gave Watson fits the last time we played the Texans. Bills D vs. Texans O is a good matchup because they're very good at defending the deep middle crossing routes etc and that's Houston's go to on O. Then you have White able to hold down Hopkins down the sideline as well as anyone. So I feel pretty good there.

If the offense can step up and score 20 plus, I think the Bills win this game.

It's probably overused because it's real.  I believe in it.

It's true for football, basketball, boxing, etc.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, bills and clippers fan said:

I say maybe in an actual game - but week to week momentum?  Not as much in football.  Maybe like a lost season feeling creeps in and preparation isn't as good - but this was a pointless week 17 game.  No momentum to be lost or gained there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, bills and clippers fan said:

so who has the momentum this week? Both teams lost at home treating the games like preseason

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

It appears the Texans had their two Starting CBs and a backup safety injured .... here is hoping they have a delayed recovery ... :). 
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/texans/injuries/all/

and for those who believe in “I want to beat the opponent at their best” ... what key players were missing from the Super Bowls for the losing team in 2000-2009. Nobody knows and nobody cares. People just know who won.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John in Jax said:

Sounds like a great high reward low risk bet

20 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

It appears the Texans had their two Starting CBs and a backup safety injured .... here is hoping they have a delayed recovery ... :). 
https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/texans/injuries/all/

and for those who believe in “I want to beat the opponent at their best” ... what key players were missing from the Super Bowls for the losing team in 2000-2009. Nobody knows and nobody cares. People just know who won.

Wow that is quite an injury report. Reading that they do look pretty banged up. 

56 minutes ago, bills and clippers fan said:

well, to me that went out the window when the Oilers had outscored the Bills 62-6 over 6 consecutive quarters..and we know what happened from there. Momentum is not real

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a good feeling about this game but I still rank it as a toss up. On the road in the playoffs is not an easy task and Watson is a super dynamic QB. But the Texans defense is not good. If Josh can move the ball on the Texans D with some consistency then I think the Bills can pull it out. Tons of fun given the Bills underdog nature. But the Bills should start to expect more. 10 wins and playoffs is great however a playoff win on the road is completely the type of culture setting thing this team needs. Not only does it advance you in the playoffs (duh) it gets you more experience playing on the road in the playoffs which for an ascending team learning how to win high leverage games is something that they need. 

• Like (+1) 2