Bills at Texans Playoff Game, Saturday 4:35 pm

wppete

1 minute ago, Troll Toll said:

Any concerns about having no momentum heading into the playoffs? I don’t think that it will affect our team, but I’m curious what others think.

texans just got stomped at home to a division rival 

our 3rd string defense held the Jets to 13 points 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm praying they let Allen run all game long. 

Texans got scorched by the ravens RPO. their defense couldn't handle it. We have little to zero film with our offense using it this season imagine if we bust it out during the playoffs. 

So... do we really need to start Mckenzie if Wallace can't go?

Was KevJo hurt too? Thought he was just sitting out to be safe.

And if that's the case, wouldn't that mean Wallace is the only injured DB right now?

Neal & Taron did not seem to be serious...

12 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

I'm praying they let Allen run all game long. 

Texans got scorched by the ravens RPO. their defense couldn't handle it. We have little to zero film with our offense using it this season imagine if we bust it out during the playoffs. 

We don't run the RPO very often and when we do we're lucky not to fumble the handoff. We'll need a great game from our defense with better tackling.  And pray the offense doesn't screw things up.

• Haha (+1) 1

I like this match up for us. Houston doesn't have that strong of a defense. I'm dubious that Watt will be able to come back after a long lay off and turn back the clock. Our offense probably just needs to get to 20 and we win the game. Go Bills!!

19 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

So... do we really need to start Mckenzie if Wallace can't go?

Was KevJo hurt too? Thought he was just sitting out to be safe.

And if that's the case, wouldn't that mean Wallace is the only injured DB right now?

Neal & Taron did not seem to be serious...

McDermott indicated in his presser that Kevin Johnson was pulled to be safe after Wallace was injured.

A media member tweeted that Neal and Taron would be OK and of course Ford went back in the game.

Just now, VW82 said:

I like this match up for us. Houston doesn't have that strong of a defense. I'm dubious that Watt will be able to come back after a long lay off and turn back the clock. Our offense probably just needs to get to 20 and we win the game. Go Bills!!

Yeah I hate the Watts. Truly.

They terrorize the Bills whenever we play against them.

My hope is that an older JJ Watt fresh off missing several weeks due to injury will only be a shell of his old self that tormented EJ Manuel some years ago and pretty much single handily won the game.     I think he either pick sixed EJ or scored on a sack & fumble... but either way...

(And yes... it was EJ Manuel... but after TJ's impact on the Bills-Steelers game, I've concluded that any Watt can give any Bills QB fits)

I've also heard the Texans expect to be healthier than they've been all season...

They're getting Watt back... seems like Fuller is more likely to play than not... and then Joseph injured his hammy today but completely downplayed it after the game and seemed 100% certain about playing.

I think we've been healthier than our opponent every week of the season, so this will be a first...

6 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

I've also heard the Texans expect to be healthier than they've been all season...

They're getting Watt back... seems like Fuller is more likely to play than not... and then Joseph injured his hammy today but completely downplayed it after the game and seemed 100% certain about playing.

I think we've been healthier than our opponent every week of the season, so this will be a first...

their defense is bottom 5 in the NFL.

their offensive line still stinks. Watson is the 5th most sacked QB in the league.

in other words, i like the Bills chances.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

Any concerns about having no momentum heading into the playoffs? I don’t think that it will affect our team, but I’m curious what others think.

"Momentum" is the most overused term in sports. There's really no such thing. The way the season ended will have ZERO bearing on what goes down in Houston. None whatsoever. The team needs to play better than they have if they're going to advance in the playoffs.

I'm slightly encouraged by the fact that our scheme gave Watson fits the last time we played the Texans. Bills D vs. Texans O is a good matchup because they're very good at defending the deep middle crossing routes etc and that's Houston's go to on O. Then you have White able to hold down Hopkins down the sideline as well as anyone. So I feel pretty good there.

If the offense can step up and score 20 plus, I think the Bills win this game.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Joseph being out would be bad news for the bills

1 hour ago, Troll Toll said:

"Momentum" is a fiction discussed by fans.  It's not real.

What will affect our team more than anything is Allen's performance.  If it is about the same as usual, we don't win this game.

If he can string 4 good quarters together, play above his norm, and get us points in low 20s or better, we can win.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3