Around the League: Week 17

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

They are decent with Fitz, and have a boatload of picks.  Flores appears to be the real deal. 

According to the Sun Sentinel the Dolphins will either draft 5th or 6th depending on the late game. Is it only Jacksonville that can get 5th or can San Diego get it based on tie breakers? I'd assume SD would take Tua if they could.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-patriots-recap-20191229-mszy22prhrdpdjxrcwxzozve7e-story.html

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Sometimes, I go to the opposing team's message board after a game to see the hot take from their fans. Today, I decided to go to the Pat's "fans" message board. Talk about ungrateful ...

Typical Pats fan...

"Let's take this historically best at respecting women receiving core on the road! LFG!"

Imagine having this take not only cross your mind, but make it to an online post.

Buckle up, bittchis. The party is all but over.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

This has probably cut the patriots' afc championship chances by more than half.  Probably increased the likelihood of a brady divorce or something else major too

So much of the fraudulent dynasty has been being able to waltz into the AFC Championship basically by default and only having to win one (sometimes) tough game to get the the SB.  No week rest, 3 (hopefully) tough games, (hopefully) no home game after the first - let's see them win a SB now

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Dallas still might win the NFC East.

And if that happens they get a home game next week against a team that is either 12-4 or 11-5.  The AFC worked out ok this year but the system is deeply flawed when a crappy team from the worst division in the NFL gets a home playoff game against a team that won 3 or 4 more games in a tougher division. It's also screwy that if the Niners win, the Saints have to play the Vikings, giving the Saints a much tougher game than the Seahawks have against the NFC East winner, even given the NFC East team's home field advantage. No system is perfect, but this seems completely screwed up.

Just now, John in Jax said:

Yep, the Cleveland game was the killer, IMO. And they should have beaten the Pats at least once.

having no one to blame but Brian Daboll. 

Brutal playcalling in both the Patriots 1st game and the Browns game cost us. Allen had no business throwing that much in both games. I'm convinced he won't become a top QB unless Daboll gets replaced 

1 minute ago, fergie's ire said:

If the Bills beat Houston and the Pats win, that Bills would play at Baltimore and the Patriots would be on the road at KC.

That's probably where the season ends for both teams. Neither team has an offense that will be able to hang.

• Thank you (+1) 1