Week 17: NJ Jets at Buffalo Bills PostGame

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If you want to give Isaiah 2-3 jet sweeps a game, fine. But having him as your "so called" #3 wr is ludicrous. Leave McKenzie active as Jet Sweep Man and Return Man and deactivate Foster (who's worthless) for Duke. It's called common sense. 

Ok, like in those commercials. Just ok....."look who got reinstated"....?

Biggest no-brainer in the history of mankind

6 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That sounds pretty trivial. 

You called him useless... I am pointing out that he is our "big Nickle." Not sure how you validate that being useless over say: Senorise Perry

Just looked it up and Kurt Coleman actually has more special teams snaps than Perry as well lol

Edited by PolishPrince

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

just think of the quality of backups we would have if we didn't have to spend them on special teamers.

No doubt- just kick it thru the end zone and always take it at the 25 on returns lol

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That was fundamentally my thought.  I felt Foster and Kroft were given the chance to have a "coming out party" - to step up take over the game.  5 targets, 1 catch for 5 yds for Kroft.  4 targets, 0 catch for Foster.  Now I haven't gone and scored whether they were all catchable balls, but I know they weren't none of them catchable balls.  Now maybe Kroft is still playing on a pitch count or still hampered.  And he can (in theory) both catch and block which Sweeney can not (as of yet) and Knox is still developing at.  But Kroft didn't look good.

Bates was scary bad. Superficially it looks as though we kept him on potential and let a couple guys who are playing better right now go.  I hope he hits it hard this off season.

*sigh* so who is inactive to allow this?  Keep in mind we struggled with pass protection against some of the teams we may face.  You want Sweeney blocking instead of Smith or Kroft?

Duke > Foster

Sweeney > Kroft

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If you want to give Isaiah 2-3 jet sweeps a game, fine. But having him as your "so called" #3 wr is ludicrous. Leave McKenzie active as Jet Sweep Man and Return Man and deactivate Foster (who's worthless) for Duke. It's called common sense. 

Ok, like in those commercials. Just ok....."look who got reinstated"....?

McKenzie isn’t a number 3 and giving him that roll all season has been a mistake imo. For all the speed this kid has he cannot break a tackle if his life depended on it. 

On 12/29/2019 at 11:38 PM, Do The Reich Thing said:

So I guess the question is when does Allen not need a mentor and he, himself considered a vet?

Definitely. And to agree with you, I'm sure the team would also gladly add another talented QB if they found one (whether he was labeled #2 or #3).

I think another reason why there aren't very many great backups around the league is just the simple fact that it's probably really hard to stay sharp in that position when you never play. I suppose that's also why the vet is valued, since even if his physical skills and reaction time deteriorate, at least he has the mental capacity to line guys up.

• Like (+1) 1