Week 17: NJ Jets at Buffalo Bills PostGame

14 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Buffalo got through the game with relatively minor injury losses.  They identified a couple guys who could be contributors in the playoffs and a number of players who are unlikely to be contributors ever.  All in all, not a total loss.

I wouldn’t call two key players leaving in walking boots, minor.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GG said:

I wouldn’t call two key players leaving in walking boots, minor.

If I had to think of it in a "positive spin." A lot of people around here have been saying Wallace is bad anyway, so if we had to lose 1 defensive starter he hurts the least... I dont actually agree with these takes, I think he has been great in coverage personally - just gets more light shined on him due to teams not going after white as much for obvious reasons......

And Neshke: To be honest, his first injury I thought was much more severe and he wouldnt be back at all, so it is almost a wash IMO. I wish we had him though 

Wasnt a horrible waste as it was nice to see Duke. I feel like he could be a safe posession WR type that will reel balls in. Nice effort on a well placed Allen pass early on and save the bad drop - showed what he brings and I like it bc its a bit different than the other starters. I dont love sitting Foster, but like the idea of what Duke brings to the table so itll be interesting to see how they handle it. Easiest is sit Roberts but they prob feel as though they need his for the return game. Earlier in the year id say sit McKenzie as he didnt show much as an actual WR, but hes come on the last few weeks and has found a nice niche w/his sweeps. Foster is prob most likely to be replaced but even that could be different as if he and Barklet were on the same page and he looked up he may have had a catch and run down the seam for a TD. At the end of the day i guess Duke gets the nod bc he took advantage while foster didnt - but he has shown his wirth in the past. Again, will be interesting to see how it shakes out. I also liked where Sweeney seems to be at. We hadnt seen him in a while and although id imagine Kroft gets the nod as the vet, TS seemed to show progress and potential even if it is for next year.

Also, i posted this in another thread but since it is likley to be shut down bc its pure nonsense ill post here...

Did anyone else hear the idiot named Aaron who called the post game show to say how Barkley really came on as the game progressed and asked if he showed enough to come into camp to compete for the starters job? Because i kid you not, that was a call. As was a guy who actually took time out of his day to wait on hold to ask-get this- why there wasnt a penalty for the Jets players celebrating on the field for Barkleys fumble (which was called a fumble on the field) and wanted the refs to retroactively call a penalty for the celebration once it was deemed an incomplete pass. 

Now granted, its my fault for listening and to be fair its not like a show that takes callers is going to be super high end - but good grief! These are actual living, breathing people who CLAIM to be fans of this team.... and they may be, but they obviously arent embarrassed so ill just be embarrassed for them. Surely the Pats bandwagon can fit a few more tools on board...

I, foolishly thought 6 pts would be enough to silence the small crowd of fans who dont understand the concept of a FQB and think Barkley will magically lift the O to 35 point games BUT that wasactly the 2nd call on that subject... the 1st rightfully was hung up on;)

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

This game was nothing to get worked up about.  Barkley played p like a rusty back up.  Sure this team needs up grades but every team does.  They lost by seven to a team playing starters.  Many showed why they should be on the active roster.  Some showed why they need to be replaced.   That is the nature of the NFL.

This is 100% where I’m at.  And being at the game, I can tell you that while it wasn’t windy, or cold, But the rain made it kinda miserable and I think we saw that with both Os.  And you know the whole backups vs starters thing...

I will say this, the best part of the game was the tailgate - as usual, Hammer’s Lot was a blast.  Shouts to Mead for the amazing Stromboli (dare I say “legendary”?), Donnie, Captain, Kenny, @BuffaloShouts (an Insta must follow), Moulds80 and crew, PTR (another New Englander and a HECK of a guy), and of course Hammer himself.  Thanks to all of you and everyone I didn’t list - y’all are like family!  Hope everyone that had a VT beer got nice and warm before the game...

And while the outcome wasn’t what we were looking for, it’s the next game that REALLY matters.  Can’t wait for Houston - bring em on!

Lastly, Go Bills!! :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

Here you go:

You’re quoting posts from September when I clearly said, “they’ve been very solid since early season.”

Edit: Also, do you know who was inactive for several early season games? Robert Foster. Coincidence?

Edited by MDH
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, IDBillzFan said:

No way you're a Jets fan today and feeling good about the way this season ended. 

They came a few competent QB plays away from losing to the Jills.

They still are sticking to the company line they ended up w the better QB and Allen is bad at throwing the football. I get it, they can judge Sam better than we can as they see every snap he plays. Their (as ours would be) knocks against him are more hearsay as well as more defensive than anything else as you dont want to be the team who chose the wrong guy let alone have your rival be the team that picked the right guy. It may just simply be Sam hasnt had the same atmosphere as Josh, conducive to learning and growing. If Gase really brushes of criticism by answering he doesnt care bc hes rich AF and stuff like Darnold was the only qb he didnt bring in in MIA bc he wasnt a fan are true - thats not a good situation for a young qb. It seems the jets have a Gase problem. This win hurt them 2fold as it was a weak win against backups that they just eeekkkked by. They didnt look good, struggled and sure they won, but it wasnt pretty and was the opposite of the morale booster. When they say they werent impressed w Allen today its maddening BUT its more them coping w their situation than them actually assessing the qb. In reality, if your opinion is made in 2 series when it was more about situational reps than calling plays with any context - youd already made an assessment or just arent that smart....

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I agree to an extent but there's no rhyme nor reason to it.  I can't fault McD for not wanting to risk losing a challenge and a time out. 

McD has an angel on his shoulder, or consider it a challenge flag caddie. This staff does do some self-scouting and McD had to know that his challenge flag success rate was pretty low the past few years so perhaps they made some changes.

The announcers during the game mentioned that McD was adamant about having just one person who really understood the rules and how they are interpreted in a position to tell him if he should or shouldn't challenge a call on the field. That individual clearly told McD NOT to throw the flag as you could tell he REALLY wanted to throw it, but reluctantly put it back in his pocket after a brief discussion over his headset.

Pretty cut and dry. The guy he has placed his trust in to help him make the right decision around challenging calls on the field told him not to throw it so he didn't.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not minor, but considering our relatively fortunate season (knock on wood) with injuries, overall it is a good situation heading into week 1 of playoffs.

This^^ timing of injuries is never good, but Nsekhe being ready to come back was a real long shot. To many bodies falling around to play OL in his hobbled condition. Wallace is a bigger loss than many give him credit for ( if he can’t go) , hope Fuller is out because we are thin at DB. 

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

This^^ timing of injuries is never good, but Nsekhe being ready to come back was a real long shot. To many bodies falling around to play OL in his hobbled condition. Wallace is a bigger loss than many give him credit for ( if he can’t go) , hope Fuller is out because we are thin at DB. 

Not sure if Wallace will be too much of a drop. He has been shaky in coverage and a liability coming up to stop the run. 

That being said, I think that he has been trying to improve his game and I would like to see him succeed. I think he just needs to bulk up a bit (without losing speed) and get stronger in his upper body over the offseason so he can win more of the one on one battles and also become a better tackler when he comes up in run support. Kevin and Taron Johnson should be able step up and fill with a week of prep as they have been splitting reps with him any ways.

I was surprised to see Nsekhe out there too; was probably a bit early for him to come back.

31 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Probably less than 1% it’s overturned.  

Yeah, but why not push the refs there some? It was a nothing game in the first half,  and I would have liked to have put the refs on the spot to defend that call. It was clear that the refs just assumed the defender was pushed by Sweeney, when it was clear that he slipped and fell down. 

Lol Jets comments after today.  "Huge" going in to off season 6-2.  Mmmm k.  

Beat our 3rd stringers today barely.  

Beat Pittsburgh by 6 at home. 

Got assaulted by Baltimore.

Beat Miami by 1 at home. 

Lost badly to the Bengals 22-6.

Beat the Giants and Raiders at home. 

Beat Washington.

Nice job guys!   Huge!  

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dakrider said:

This game basically just reinforced how pitiful the Bills offense actually is, regardless of who's playing out there.  From play calling to execution to mistakes there's something on every possession that prevents this team from consistently scoring.  

It actually reinforced to me, the strides this team made as a unit.  

This game reminded me of week 1, only this time around is was 2nd stringers out there and they were unable to scrap out a win. 

I believe the first unit would have dominated the Jets today. 

• Like (+1) 1