Week 17: NJ Jets at Buffalo Bills PostGame

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Special teams.  Not saying that’s a good enough reason but that’s the reason.  Foster is a gunner.

I mean.....fair enough but there has to be another guy on the team that can play gunner.......Duke had 100 yards today against the jets starters....he seems to make plays every game he has been active.......and the rest of our receiving core is a bunch of smurfs.

I can think of at least 2 of our losses this year I think are wins if Duke plays.

Barkley was absolutely horrible. 

Duke Williams showed some stuff, although dropping a critcal catch. 

Yeldon should be paired with Singletary.

Sweeney should be seeing more playing time than Kroft. 

Siran had a pretty solid day. 

All in all, this was pretty much a team of 2nd stringers going against the first string and held their own......except for Barkley....horrible, horrible performance.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Any chance you took away something positive?

Stupid question. Nevermind. :lol:

I’ll take a shot at it!

Our backups went toe to toe with a team that has won 6 of the last 8 games. We had nothing to play for, yet we still played hard. Our offense might be a little under-manned, and then we removed ALL of the skill players from the equation. A first down might be cause for celebration, but Duke and Yeldon showed some flashes.

Also, other than Wallace, I think (and hope and pray) that we got out relatively unscathed, which was the primary objective today. The backups got some experience which may be helpful down the road in terms of growth and if there is an injury ahead of them.  That’s a win in every sense other than our record. 

On to Houston! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kevmurph1213 said:

Gotcha. Oh in that case they could have gotten home field advantage today! ?

Gotcha. Oh in that case they could have gotten home field advantage today! ?

If wishes were fishes...... they’ll have to solve beating the Pats* first. Still haven’t solved that riddle, so pointless to speculate. 

Just now, TwistofFate said:

Barkley was absolutely horrible. 

Duke Williams showed some stuff, although dropping a critcal catch. 

Yeldon should be paired with Singletary.

Sweeney should be seeing more playing time than Kroft. 

Siran had a pretty solid day. 

All in all, this was pretty much a team of 2nd stringers going against the first string and held their own......except for Barkley....horrible, horrible performance.

Barkley is 100% gone next year. We will draft or pick up a QB more in-line with Josh's skill set. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I mean.....fair enough but there has to be another guy on the team that can play gunner.......Duke had 100 yards today against the jets starters....he seems to make plays every game he has been active.......and the rest of our receiving core is a bunch of smurfs.

I can think of at least 2 of our losses this year I think are wins if Duke plays.

Duke has now played in 3 regular season games. Today he faced a good defense in the Jets. All he's done is make plays. He should be on the field over guys like Foster, Lee Smith,  Dimarco etc. I'd even argue he could be every bit as valuable as Beasley. Not playing him more this season is just plain stupid. But then again it took McD 2 years to dump Peterman?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TwistofFate said:

He did suck, but keep things in perspective.  He's with a team of 2s playing against 1s, who actually wanted to win. 

Perhaps, but what sucked the most about him today was his lack of feel and presence in the pocket. He looked about a full second slow out there. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Barkley is 100% gone next year. We will draft or pick up a QB more in-line with Josh's skill set. 

You might have seen Barkley’s audition for 2020. Not nearly good enough. There are a lot of options for backup QB coming up. One of them will likely be our choice. You can be sure it will not be a rookie though.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Who you got in mind?

That’s always the tricky question. It sounds so easy, but......

You need a vet and the right fit. Some late round rookie does you no real good from the PS, so who’s the best vet? Maybe Barkley looks better if he has real weapons? I try not to overreact in either direction after a win or loss. It’s one game, and a weird situation. 

Need to vent. Normally accepting of these decisions, but what an exercise in futility.  What did this team IMPROVE UPON or LEARN today?

Instead, more of the same mistakes were made, injuries sustained to important players, and confidence damaged going into the playoffs.  Another great defensive effort completely wasted.  I get the game had no meaning, but look at the Dolphins win - everyone can beat the Pats but us, and now this casts an even brighter light on how big a Bills win COULD HAVE BEEN in Foxboro.

I've seen far better executed high school games.  I feel the team should be refunding tickets to those fans who stuck it out in the crappy weather to watch this.  I only spent the electricity to power my TV and I feel completely ripped off.

One and done in the playoffs - you heard it here.

This was the worst coaching display I've seen in the McBeane era.  When is Daboll going to learn that just because a play works once it doesn't mean it will work TWICE IN A ROW??!?  What do they do at practice all week, once again Foster is in a COMPLETELY separate stadium from his quarterback.  Your tight ends still don't know how to get out of bounds????  Why is Lee Smith still here??? Because he knows he can commit whatever stupid penalties he wants since there are no other blocking tight ends on the roster.

Ever seen a touch-screen pass? Our own defense must run all over these guys in practice...and yet they apparently can't teach the offense anything.

So once JJ Watt crushes Josh - because as we all know, he has to hang onto the football until the DB's get the memo on where the ball is going - now we have zero confidence in Barclay to do anything competent as his replacement and have to endure more questionable o-line configurations due to injury.  Nice.

I just can't see ANY benefit to having played this game, they should have forefeit and saved everyone the embarrassment, except oh yah - they would have to refund the tickets.

Well, that explains it.  I wouldn't have minded the injuries if this team could have gone into the playoffs on a positive note with some CONFIDENCE!, or having learned SOMETHING!!

Can't blame JOSH and his audibles in this one.  What needs to change this off-season?  IS this all Daboll?   or Sean?  Just incredibly low player IQ? What???!??

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3