Clemson v. OSU

dayman

17 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

they are really trying to fix this lowering of the head college is a bit more picky about it than the NFL

Not sure targeting is correct call but it's a pf bout anytime in college when they lower the head to make the hit

the player that’s flagged should just tell the ref that they’re going to be drafted by the New England Patriots.  They pick up the flag every time, guaranteed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

IMO that targeting call was fair. Tough rule on the ejection ... would rather that be at discretion of the ref than automatic but it is what it is and if that's the rule it was called correctly. 

Refs def. helped get Clemson back in the game but here we are ... ball game. 

32 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Looks like that call should have been helmet to helmet, not necessarily targeting.  I guess it doesn't matter in the end.

I agree, but how was that not a personal foul on Chase Young for clothes lining Lawrence as he's going down? That was more ejectable imo. He punched him in the throat. 

Edited by Motorin'

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I agree, but how was that not a personal foul on Chase Young for clothes lining Lawrence as he's going down? That was more ejectable imo. He punched him in the throat. 

Thought he did about as good as can be expected there. He had him up high but you can’t just let him go. He didn’t rip him down and he certainly could have 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Ohio State letting the defending champs hang around with some of these fouls...Lawrence having a Josh like performance misses some East throws then runs 67 yards for a touchdown and your jaw just drops at his Potential 

More than letting them hang at this point they are giving it away. IMO Clemson going to win this by 10 or more points. The OSU RB quit. 

EDIT: OSU RB ran out of the tunnel right as I posted that. lol

Edited by dayman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.