Marcus Peters gets 3 Year, 42 Mil extension

Virgil

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Mario Williams was worth it. 

People are sour at how it ended, but they forget the elite years of pass rush he gave us. He's probably one of the better free agent signings this franchise has made.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, MJS said:

He'll get his money. No way Beane lets him walk.

Gettleman was eventually fired largely for letting Norman walk after their Superbowl season as their defense was never the same.  I think Beane learns from that and ponies up the dough for White.

The Rams gave up Peters and 2 1sts to get Jalen Ramsey and a pick. That’s a TERRIBLE move for the Rams.

Tre will be the highest paid CB in the game when he signs his extension. Xavien Howard got 5 for just over $75M with $27M guaranteed. Tre is probably looking at 5 years, $80M with $30M guaranteed. He’s a steal at those numbers.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

12 hours ago, njbuff said:

Tre might become the richest defensive  player ever.

Please.

Khalil Mack makes $23.5 mill / year over his contract. Tre's terrific and deserves a lot of money, but pass rushers get the biggest money for good reason.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/

Xavien Howard is the top CB, and he's #54 in the league, with 21 defenders above him, most but not all of whom are pass rushers.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Gettleman was eventually fired largely for letting Norman walk after their Superbowl season as their defense was never the same.  I think Beane learns from that and ponies up the dough for White.

I disagree, though I think you're right that losing Norman had more of an impact than they hoped it would. 

But losing Norman didn't send them from 6th to 21st in defense the next year and 6th to 26th in points allowed. It was a lot more than Norman's absence.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I disagree, though I think you're right that losing Norman had more of an impact than they hoped it would. 

But losing Norman didn't send them from 6th to 21st in defense the next year and 6th to 26th in points allowed. It was a lot more than Norman's absence.

They had to blame somebody the year after the Superbowl.  There was a lot of internal strife about whether to pay Norman.