Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

No. I don’t want that human trash on this team.  Nothing about him is process 

I’m not sure you’re fully expressing yourself, tell us what you really think. 

Go Bills!!!

?

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Why ?   He’s exactly what this team needs 

Tough to say. He’s playing the duke Johnson receiver role in Cleveland and they have Chubb so his rush attempts aren’t there this season. He’s like 3 years out from his one good season. Be tough to pay him big bucks and/or give up a pick to bring him here. Risky move.

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

Do not pay a RB in free agency. Find a bruiser in rounds 3-5 of the draft to pair with Singletary. 

It depends what they would pay said RB in free agency.  Hunt has shown to be a top caliber rb.  If they pay him say 5 mil then that's peanuts.  A third round draft pick would make 4 mil anyways.

2 hours ago, sven233 said:

Cheap....sure.  But I am 100% against spending money on a RB.  You start getting into the 4-5 million range and no thanks.  You can find good to great RBs anywhere.  Not worth breaking the bank for that position.

4-5 mil is nowhere near "breaking the bank."

3 hours ago, YoungBillsFan25 said:

I’m not sure why Aj Dillion is not being talked about more on the boards as the potential big bruising back we need. Why spend 10mil yr for Derrick Henry when we can get Dillion on day 2 and pay him way less. He kinda reminds me of a bigger stronger James Connor.

Because Henry is young and proven.  Depends on cost like most signings though, but the Bills are officially  in their window in 2020.  This is when that big name FA will be targeted.  A RB though?  Maybe not.  WR? DE?  I fully expect Beane to sign many of our own, but I predict a "name" being brought in.

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

When is that last time this Bills administration has taken a chance on a player with as high of a negative profile as Hunt? 

Granted, they could say the incident happened a while ago, he served his punishment, has made amends etc.  But it seems to me that they typically stay away from these types of players.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sven233 said:

Cheap....sure.  But I am 100% against spending money on a RB.  You start getting into the 4-5 million range and no thanks.  You can find good to great RBs anywhere.  Not worth breaking the bank for that position.

4m is 2% of your cap. For a 53 man roster 2% isn’t breaking the bank 

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

When is that last time this Bills administration has taken a chance on a player with as high of a negative profile as Hunt? 

Granted, they could say the incident happened a while ago, he served his punishment, has made amends etc.  But it seems to me that they typically stay away from these types of players.

If talking beane, we have held him to a pretty small window.

in Carolina they did have some guys with checkered history 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

4m is 2% of your cap. For a 53 man roster 2% isn’t breaking the bank 

If talking beane, we have held him to a pretty small window.

in Carolina they did have some guys with checkered history 

Limited maybe.... but in 3 off seasons, they have yet to take a chance on a player that had as ugly of an incident as Kareem Hunt.  

I can’t think of one player that this regime has been comfortable in taking a chance one.   To complicate matters this teams owner is a female.  I’m not thinking that signing a player who is probably best known for kicking a woman on camera, is the a good look for the Bills.

I think there’s a very little chance of this happening.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Same.  The only rb I’d be willing to spend on is Derrick Henry and that’s only because he brings something to the table that no one else does.  I don’t necessarily want us to spend big on him, but he’d be the only guy I wouldn’t be necessarily be pissed about signing for big bucks.  

draft another in the 3rd- 4th and sign another vet.  I’d be happy with Singletary, AP and a 4th rd rb

I, too, am on the Derrick Henry bandwagon! Henry, Singletary, and Allen in the backfield would be amazing. Possibly #1 in the league, ahead of Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, mannc said:

That would be a great pickup.  If Hunt regains his previous form—and no reason he couldn’t—we’d ha e one of the best backs in the league, and a serious receiving threat.

I agree, when this guy is at the top of his game he is elite. If your looking for a Mark Ingram type RB Hunt is the RB and more.

Some team is going to over pay for Henry.   This thread keeps referring to money vs our cap.   Its really vs what other teams will offer. 

He will be offered at least $8-$9M by another team.   Paying RB2 that much is not conducive to building a year in year out playoff team.   Beane is aware. 

You over pay for QB, OL, and Def front 7.   Not RB.  See Mitch Morse.     

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

John Murphy's heart would be broken if they signed Hunt.

He is so sure that the Browns are just underachievers because they have "human trash" like Hunt on their team.    

He's singled out Hunt before on his show.

I think it remains to be seen whether McD would take on someone new with a track record of video-proven issues like Hunt.....but I wouldn't be surprised.   

LeSean McCoy was a dirt bag off the field but he was a leader in McD's locker room.

Probably comes down to alternative availability in the offseason...........if they go one-and-done in the playoffs or lose again to the Pats in the playoffs there will be a good deal of internal pressure to take measures to not lose the division to New England again next year as well as to stock the offense to elevate Josh Allen.

It's a pretty strong RB draft, fwiw.

LOL if he does sign we need a Cryin’ Murphy meme (like the crying Jordan meme)

But like I said earlier, I don’t think this organization wants a guy who’s known best for kicking a woman.  

You mention Shady - the difference is that Shady was already a Bill when McDermott took over.  The domestic abuse allegations were just that...allegations.  They were kind of stuck with him but I do believe they would have cut ties if they needed to.

7 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

$5-7M on a multi-year contract PLUS a draft pick seems like a whale of a lot to pay for a guy whose most recent season saw 10.4 touches per game (half rush, half pass) for ~50 ypg (25 yds rushing per game).  Especially if we can't figure out how to design and execute a screen pass or check down to a wide-open RB with no defender within 7 yds  ?

25 rushing ypg is bottom-of-#2-back numbers.  4.4 ypc is like bottom-third starting RB.   If Hunt was in his full 2017-2018 season form, of course... but still.....why wasn't he in that form in Cleveland? 

Then there's the draft pick. Any word on whether the Browns will tender him and what round his tender will be? 

It doesn't seem very Beane-like value for FA $$ and draft picks.  Although, there was that Corey Coleman $3.5M trade so ?‍♂️  (Why yes.  Yes, I am still salty about that, with a side order of Benjamin Sucked seasoning, why do you ask?)

Then there's the  "distraction" thing.  I wished we'd have kept McCoy esp when Motor was injured, but it was peaceful not wondering when a story was gonna drop about McCoy's baby mama, McCoy's ex-Sugar's home invasion lawsuit, lawsuits resulting from McCoy's Philly bar brawl etc.  It'd be nice not have those replaced with wondering when the next story was gonna drop about Hunt punching a guy at a resort or kicking a girl in a hotel hall.  We sure his haid's on straight now?

7 hours ago, mannc said:

That would be a great pickup.  If Hunt regains his previous form—and no reason he couldn’t—we’d ha e one of the best backs in the league, and a serious receiving threat.

Well, that's the heart of the question, isn't it?  Why didn't he regain said form in Cleveland?  What was the reason he didn't/couldn't?