Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, Would he?  He was dynamic for KC.  He didn't contribute as expected for the Brownies.  Begs the question "why?"

He would be. Not because he is great.  Because we have no one else who is better.  Singletary is not better. No one else is in the discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Never understood why people drive around and smoke weed if it's not legal in your state?!?!  Just go home or out in the woods somewhere and get high.

There is no state where driving around while smoking weed is legal.

19 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ohio is not one of those states.

Even in states where it's legal, police can administer a standard field sobriety test (look at eyes, stand on one leg, walk, turn etc)

Precisely. Even in states where it is legal or decriminalized it is illegal to drive while under the influence.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

He would be. Not because he is great.  Because we have no one else who is better.  Singletary is not better. No one else is in the discussion. 

The point is, Hunt got relatively few carries for the Browns.  Less than 1/3 of the A/G he got with KC.  Why not? 

He also was less effective per rush, a career low in Y/A

Why?  Was he not in football shape?  Could he not get in the playbook?  Could they not block for him?

Better is as better does.

11 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah nothing wrong with smokin up and getting into a vehicle doing 70 on the interstate. All good bro. If it's in the car, it should be treated exactly the same as an open container. 

Obviously you didn’t fully read the article and don’t understand exactly what happened. He was not high when he was driving, nor was he smoking while driving. 

What you’re suggesting is akin to punishing someone for driving 70 on the way home from the liquor store with a case of Bud Light in the car. 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The point is, Hunt got relatively few carries for the Browns.  Less than 1/3 of the A/G he got with KC.  Why not? 

He also was less effective per rush, a career low in Y/A

Why?  Was he not in football shape?  Could he not get in the playbook?  Could they not block for him?

Better is as better does.

Nick Chubb. OBJ. Jarvis Landry.   All better playmakers than Hunt.  Horrible Horrible Horrible coaching.   Hun'ts talent is the same. 

40 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My sarcasm detector just exploded and one of the springs got tangled in my hair.  I Hate When That Happens.

We all can read between the lines of what's going down when the Athletic asks a poll question at the probowl: "whether players were already seeing teammates and other NFL players using marijuana for pain management?" and reports that many of the players who responded No "did so with a hearty laugh". 

But there is a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE space between being an "idiot junky" and "switching to heavily addictive pain meds like a real man" (or GI-perforating pain meds like the t-train)

You can use the ganja recreationally or for pain management without speeding around with a stash in your car, we agree on that, right?  Keep reporters out and get *****-faced in private in your home with much lower risk of fall out than cruising around with the stuff much less speeding.

Then there's this player quote from the article linked above: "Obviously, it’s the rule, and you have to follow the rules at your job."  For more than a decade, I was very well-compensated at a job that required random drug tests.  Any illegal and a wide list of other drugs (absent documentation of prescription) was grounds for instant dismissal, as was talking to the press without explicit authorization.  If I wanted to stay employed there, and I violated those rules: Yes, I could have been justly described as an "idiot".

I would dearly love to see the new CBA negotiate out the ban on marijuana, and the general climate in the country actually ALLOW serious research on it as a pain management tool.  But right now, those are the rules and if the guy wants to keep earning an NFL salary, he can't be an idiot about flouting them.

I don’t disagree with you at all. It is a requirement of the job, he needs to follow the rule. 

There are ways for him to avoid public scrutiny. He could be much smarter with how he handles his marijuana habit. 

I’m just saying I’d rather a guy gets caught with a small stash of weed than is found dead from an OD on pain meds. 

7 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Nick Chubb. OBJ. Jarvis Landry.   All better playmakers than Hunt.  Horrible Horrible Horrible coaching.   Hun'ts talent is the same. 

Freddie Kitchens was dead set on using Hunt in the passing game and that was it. He made him pretty one dimensional. 

I was in Cleveland for his first game back against Buffalo. I asked my buddy who knows him if he was actually going to get the ball and he said Freddie had specifically installed a bunch of packages where Kareem would be targeted in the pass game. He was targeted 9 times that day and had 7 receptions with only 4 carries. It didn’t always shake out that way... but Freddie thought it would be smart to use him primarily as a pass catcher and teams probably caught on. 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

I don’t disagree with you at all. It is a requirement of the job, he needs to follow the rule. 
There are ways for him to avoid public scrutiny. He could be much smarter with how he handles his marijuana habit. 
I’m just saying I’d rather a guy gets caught with a small stash of weed than is found dead from an OD on pain meds. 

Obviously I can't disagree with you on that last.  Opiod addiction is scary AF and Ohio has scary bad addiction problems.  Right now, the NFL pretty much regulates to the contrary though. ?

Hunt needs to be much smarter about how he handles himself in several ways to stay in the league.  Obviously I'm just going off the incomplete picture of press accounts but he comes off as a player who hasn't found his "switch" opening up the question of can he/will he?

15 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Freddie Kitchens was dead set on using Hunt in the passing game and that was it. He made him pretty one dimensional. 

I was in Cleveland for his first game back against Buffalo. I asked my buddy who knows him if he was actually going to get the ball and he said Freddie had specifically installed a bunch of packages where Kareem would be targeted in the pass game. He was targeted 9 times that day and had 7 receptions with only 4 carries. It didn’t always shake out that way... but Freddie thought it would be smart to use him primarily as a pass catcher and teams probably caught on. 

Again - opens up the question of why Freddie thought that was smart?  Could Cleveland's o-line not block for Hunt's style of run, and Kitchens knew that?  Had Hunt fallen off or was hindered as a runner?  Or is Kitchens just an idiot?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Again - opens up the question of why Freddie thought that was smart?  Could Cleveland's o-line not block for Hunt's style of run, and Kitchens knew that?  Had Hunt fallen off or was hindered as a runner?  Or is Kitchens just an idiot?

Nick Chubb. Why run Hunt when Chubb is so good running? They already had the passing packages that’s what they used Duke Johnson for the year before.  Easier to place Hunt in that role than take away from Chubbs carries I would guess. 

Edited by Rc2catch

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Nick Chubb. Why run Hunt when Chubb is so good running? They already had the passing packages that’s what they used Duke Johnson for. Easier to place Hunt in that role than take away from Chubbs carries. 

I read some NFL head coach say it's not good to have only 1 back carrying all the time, that was why we had to divide playoff workload between the young stud and the old hero.

Now I read why run Back #2 when Back #1 is so good

I'm so confused.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I read some NFL head coach say it's not good to have only 1 back carrying all the time, that was why we had to divide playoff workload between the young stud and the old hero.

Now I read why run Back #2 when Back #1 is so good

I'm so confused.

Hunt did spell Chubb I’m sure. 
If I remember correct they tried to get Hunt on the field to make plays. Pretty sure he even played fullback against us and other times for them. 
As successful as Chubb was running the ball got to be hard to take him off the field. 
Not sure if I’m the coach being referred to lol but I never had an issue with Gore coming in to spell singletary. They obviously should not split the workload but every back needs a breather. 

28 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Hunt did spell Chubb I’m sure. 
If I remember correct they tried to get Hunt on the field to make plays. Pretty sure he even played fullback against us and other times for them. 
As successful as Chubb was running the ball got to be hard to take him off the field. 
Not sure if I’m the coach being referred to lol but I never had an issue with Gore coming in to spell singletary. They obviously should not split the workload but every back needs a breather. 

Are you an NFL head coach?  Because if not, no, you're not the coach being referred to.  That would be McDermott.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, Would he?  He was dynamic for KC.  He didn't contribute as expected for the Brownies.  Begs the question "why?"

-missed 8 games for suspension and had to be “eased” into the offense 

- Chubb was better and got more carries 

- Freddie’s play calling was not in synch with the

talent 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

-missed 8 games for suspension and had to be “eased” into the offense 

- Chubb was better and got more carries 

- Freddie’s play calling was not in synch with the talent 

Fair

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

??? wasn’t sure if it was sarcasm. We have a lot of coaches on here. 

Well it was sarcasm, but it was pointed at McD.

I still wonder if we had some sort of contractual or "handshake/word of honor" obligation to give Gore a certain # of carries/game 'cuz we sure acted like that sometimes.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well it was sarcasm, but it was pointed at McD.

I still wonder if we had some sort of contractual or "handshake/word of honor" obligation to give Gore a certain # of carries/game 'cuz we sure acted like that sometimes.

It seemed to me they showed a lack of faith in a lot of players on offense. Opting to take safe routes over possible explosiveness and mistakes. Using packages known to be unsuccessful because they trusted the personnel more maybe. Reflecting on the season there’s a lot of head scratching from the offense. Not sure we will ever fully know if it’s just Mcdermott, or daboll, or lack of execution from players or whatever it may be. Perfect storm I tend to call it. Now let’s just hope they don’t go sign Adrian Peterson or something to take Gores role. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

It seemed to me they showed a lack of faith in a lot of players on offense. Opting to take safe routes over possible explosiveness and mistakes. Using packages known to be unsuccessful because they trusted the personnel more maybe. Reflecting on the season there’s a lot of head scratching from the offense. Not sure we will ever fully know if it’s just Mcdermott, or daboll, or lack of execution from players or whatever it may be. Perfect storm I tend to call it. Now let’s just hope they don’t go sign Adrian Peterson or something to take Gores role. 

Are you sure you don't want Peterson? He looked pretty darn good against us ?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 12/28/2019 at 4:17 PM, JGMcD2 said:

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

I think the Bills should take his brother, Mike.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1