Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

3 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So he's letting a stoned guy drive down the highway?

Glad I'm not driving around in Ohio! 

There is no way to judge his level of impairment. That would be like saying you can't have a beer then drive. Plus, marijuana is legal in many states.

I’m all about winning, but this Bills team is also really like able. I’m happy not having a Tyreek Hill or Hunt on the roster. I’ll take talent over being a model citizen everyday of the week, but that means I’m more tolerant of guys like Terrell Owens, not dudes who can date anyone they want, yet choose to beat their partners. 

52 minutes ago, class_of_2012 said:

There is no way to judge his level of impairment. That would be like saying you can't have a beer then drive. Plus, marijuana is legal in many states.

Ohio is not one of those states.

Even in states where it's legal, police can administer a standard field sobriety test (look at eyes, stand on one leg, walk, turn etc)

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even in states where it's legal, police can administer a standard field sobriety test (look at eyes, stand on one leg, walk, turn etc)

That can be hard to do if you’re drunk, and you’ll forget the instructions if you are high. Just my guess about how that works..... :)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Enforcement varies within each state, too. For example, in Florida, a new law states that odor of marijuana alone no longer constitutes probable cause, because hemp is legal and they smell the same. Because of this law, Some counties have stopped pursuing marijuana charges altogether.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JROC INTEL said:

Why is Christian Wade never in the conversation

because guys like that are complete wildcards not plans you bank on. You pretend he isn’t there and if you suddenly have an extra explosive guy because he pans out- all the better

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/28/2019 at 3:56 PM, mannc said:

That would be a great pickup.  If Hunt regains his previous form—and no reason he couldn’t—we’d ha e one of the best backs in the league, and a serious receiving threat.

I like that idea but first we should lose the dead weight we carry on this roaster /offense I don't want say names but we all know who they are , I really like the idea where EVERYONE could be a receiving treat  RB/TE 

• Like (+1) 1

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than seeing Hunt in a Bills uniform while McDermott is the HC.

C Wade will get some opportunities this Summer too. It seems many have forgotten about him. I'm excited to see what he can do now that he's had some coaching.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, NoSaint said:

because guys like that are complete wildcards not plans you bank on. You pretend he isn’t there and if you suddenly have an extra explosive guy because he pans out- all the better

Yup and he'll be 29 next year.  Complete wildcard. I'd personally grab Hunt in a second. Great pairing with Motor. 

I feel the culture here is strong enough to keep him in check and if he can't get in check , he'll get cut. I feel in year 4 we can take a risk like this, we're close to being a legit contender and again, the culture is very strong

42 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He is such an idiot junky. Someone needs to tell him to be responsible and switch to heavily addictive pain meds like a real man.

My sarcasm detector just exploded and one of the springs got tangled in my hair.  I Hate When That Happens.

We all can read between the lines of what's going down when the Athletic asks a poll question at the probowl: "whether players were already seeing teammates and other NFL players using marijuana for pain management?" and reports that many of the players who responded No "did so with a hearty laugh". 

But there is a WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE space between being an "idiot junky" and "switching to heavily addictive pain meds like a real man" (or GI-perforating pain meds like the t-train)

You can use the ganja recreationally or for pain management without speeding around with a stash in your car, we agree on that, right?  Keep reporters out and get *****-faced in private in your home with much lower risk of fall out than cruising around with the stuff much less speeding.

Then there's this player quote from the article linked above: "Obviously, it’s the rule, and you have to follow the rules at your job."  For more than a decade, I was very well-compensated at a job that required random drug tests.  Any illegal and a wide list of other drugs (absent documentation of prescription) was grounds for instant dismissal, as was talking to the press without explicit authorization.  If I wanted to stay employed there, and I violated those rules: Yes, I could have been justly described as an "idiot".

I would dearly love to see the new CBA negotiate out the ban on marijuana, and the general climate in the country actually ALLOW serious research on it as a pain management tool.  But right now, those are the rules and if the guy wants to keep earning an NFL salary, he can't be an idiot about flouting them.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

You have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than seeing Hunt in a Bills uniform while McDermott is the HC.

C Wade will get some opportunities this Summer too. It seems many have forgotten about him. I'm excited to see what he can do now that he's had some coaching.

I haven't forgotten about Wade, but he was always a "wild card" to make the roster, not someone to count on.

39 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

He is such an idiot junky. Someone needs to tell him to be responsible and switch to heavily addictive pain meds like a real man.

Yeah nothing wrong with smokin up and getting into a vehicle doing 70 on the interstate. All good bro. If it's in the car, it should be treated exactly the same as an open container. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1