Potential Kareem Hunt Interest

JGMcD2

44 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Do not pay a RB in free agency. Find a bruiser in rounds 3-5 of the draft to pair with Singletary. 

I think most think this way- one can argue with Kareem you know what your getting at the NFL level. 2 years at 4 mil per would be the most I would pay, if not move on. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Absolutely not, draft Jonathan Taylor in the late 1st and you've got 2 great rbs for the next 5 years. Get your wr in the 2nd and use FA for your de....

Hard pass on a Wisconsin RB (or really most any RB) in round 1, especially one who’s nothing special in the pass game.

24 minutes ago, Virgil said:

No. I don’t want that human trash on this team.  Nothing about him is process 

John Murphy's heart would be broken if they signed Hunt.

He is so sure that the Browns are just underachievers because they have "human trash" like Hunt on their team.    

He's singled out Hunt before on his show.

I think it remains to be seen whether McD would take on someone new with a track record of video-proven issues like Hunt.....but I wouldn't be surprised.   

LeSean McCoy was a dirt bag off the field but he was a leader in McD's locker room.

Probably comes down to alternative availability in the offseason...........if they go one-and-done in the playoffs or lose again to the Pats in the playoffs there will be a good deal of internal pressure to take measures to not lose the division to New England again next year as well as to stock the offense to elevate Josh Allen.

It's a pretty strong RB draft, fwiw.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I'd like to see Buffalo dress three real running backs every week next season.  I'm OK with Hunt if Beane thinks he fits the culture and budget.  I expect to see a guy drafted too.

Pretty clear he doesn't fit the culture...

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

A good friend of mine who has close ties to Kareem said we had interest in signing him this year and will continue to have interest in RFA. 

I could see us offering $5M - $7M per year to pair with Singletary. Browns have to pay Chubb after next season... I can’t see them tying up $20M + between Chubb and Hunt. 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a2e0df8a80c254698d1

13 minutes ago, YoungBillsFan25 said:

I’m not sure why Aj Dillion is not being talked about more on the boards as the potential big bruising back we need. Why spend 10mil yr for Derrick Henry when we can get Dillion on day 2 and pay him way less. He kinda reminds me of a bigger stronger James Connor.

You can’t predict Dillon is going to have a Derrick Henry kind of impact. You get what you pay for sometimes. At least with Henry you know what he brings to the table and even for being in the league 4 years he doesn’t have the normal wear and tear. 
Im sure Beane will be exploring a back to pair with motor 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Absolutely not, draft Jonathan Taylor in the late 1st and you've got 2 great rbs for the next 5 years. Get your wr in the 2nd and use FA for your de....

Do not draft a RB in the first round. Ever. Period. I don't care who that player is. 

Use the first pick on a DE, WR or OT. 

• Like (+1) 3

35 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd rather they sign a RB in FA for 5-7 million than draft one in the first round.

Edge rusher and WR should be a target in the first round.  If you draft a RB in the first and sign an edge or WR in FA, the team will spend upwards of 12 to 14 million.

• Like (+1) 1