M. Lombardi - 2 Sources say more than a HC change in CLE

Reed83HOF

Most could see that promoting Kitchens from RB's coach to OC and again to HC was a mistake. It should have been Williams with Kitchens remaining as the OC. Williams went 5-3 after the team fired Hue Jackson 2-5-1 along with OC Todd Haley. Or at least hired a better HC. 

Ahh, well, stupidity...this is what helps make bad teams make bad decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Most could see that promoting Kitchens from RB's coach to OC and again to HC was a mistake. It should have been Williams with Kitchens remaining as the OC. Williams went 5-3 after the team fired Hue Jackson 2-5-1 along with OC Todd Haley. Or at least hired a better HC. 

Ahh, well, stupidity...this is what helps make bad teams make bad decisions. 

You’re not really suggesting that the Browns should have made Gregg Williams the head coach, are you?   Or are you talking about a different Williams?  

15 hours ago, dubs said:

no offense to the OP at all, just a comment on “news” today. 

“sources expect more than just a head coaching change. “

In other words:  BREAKING NEWS: two anonymous people who we know nothing about and we have no idea what they would be an authority on don’t know anything either but they do have a hunch that something might happen!  

hah!!!

They are sources Lombardi knows.  It doesn’t matter if you don’t know them.  That’s not how it works....

15 hours ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Really just 1.  He inherited Hue

He kept Hue....

1 hour ago, mannc said:

You’re not really suggesting that the Browns should have made Gregg Williams the head coach, are you?   Or are you talking about a different Williams?  

He had the team playing better than Hue by a mile, and was the right hire over Kitchens

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His dysfunctional Browns beat the Bills..........so the Bills probably aren't the benchmark.

I don't think the NFL as a whole is nearly as sold on the Bills program or QB as Bills Mafia is.

The Bills would need to make some serious noise in the playoffs to not be seen as a team that just benefitted immensely from a fantastic schedule that had them at 9 wins before the tough games even started(at which point they lost 2 of the 3 with the win coming against rookie QB Duck Hodges).

The 10 win Bills in week 15 aren't the benchmark huh? Duck Hodges beat the Browns we lost to thr Browns and beat the duck. This is the NFL, where no team is an easy win and teams change week to week. 

You must think every win is guaranteed to go to the team that is higher in the power rankings in the nfl. Why arent you making millions off betting moneyline parlays everyweek?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His dysfunctional Browns beat the Bills..........so the Bills probably aren't the benchmark.

I don't think the NFL as a whole is nearly as sold on the Bills program or QB as Bills Mafia is.

The Bills would need to make some serious noise in the playoffs to not be seen as a team that just benefitted immensely from a fantastic schedule that had them at 9 wins before the tough games even started(at which point they lost 2 of the 3 with the win coming against rookie QB Duck Hodges).

That's probably true, but that doesn't mean that they're right and Bills' fans are wrong.

A bona fide WR1, another solid RB, and a legit pass rusher and this team could really look the part in 2020.

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Time to move the team again. The NFL wants a 3rd team in LA.

If so, get Snyder to move Washington to L.A., and rename the team the ‘Beach Bums’?  ?

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

I don't think he has the burst or elusiveness.

For some guy who lost a bet over jumping to touch an awning, you have little room to talk.  ?

?

9 hours ago, arcane said:

Typo? 7 is less than half of the schedule?

Missing the hyphen to modify 'winning' but to put it more clearly, the year the Ravens won the SB, their schedule included wins against seven teams with losing records. I'm sure when the SB was over, no one in Baltimore was explaining how winning the SB wasn't really that big of a deal when you consider how easy the Raven's schedule was.

Just now, IDBillzFan said:

Missing the hyphen to modify 'winning' but to put it more clearly, the year the Ravens won the SB, their schedule included wins against seven teams with losing records. I'm sure when the SB was over, no one in Baltimore was explaining how winning the SB wasn't really that big of a deal when you consider how easy the Raven's schedule was.

That's not very many though. The Bills are at at least 9, and it could be 10 I think. Baltimore facing 9 teams of winning or 8-8 records does not seem to be an easy schedule 

The Bills could conceivably have faced 10losing records with 3 8-8 teams if I'm doing this right in my head

1 minute ago, arcane said:

That's not very many though. The Bills are at at least 9, and it could be 10 I think. Baltimore facing 9 teams of winning or 8-8 records does not seem to be an easy schedule 

The Bills could conceivably have faced 10losing records with 3 8-8 teams if I'm doing this right in my head

None of that should take away from the understanding that the Bills are absolutely headed in the right direction, as evidenced by the fact that they won the games they were supposed to win, including two prime-time road games in Dallas and Pittsburgh.

Most certainly, and back to the original point of my post, the NFL as a whole absolutely does not think this Bills team is a mirage built on an easy schedule.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, mannc said:

I was, as it reminded me of how Jim Schwartz was over looked in Buffalo in favor of Rex Ryan. Although, Schwartz did a much better job as DC and should have gotten another shot at HC IMO.

I think Williams would have done a better job as HC  in Cleveland as Kitchens clearly wasn't ready in my view. The fact that they hired Hue Jackson in the first place says they aren't very good at finding the right guy.

C'mon, Jackson went 1-15 in 2016 & 0-16 in 2017 and they kept him after those first two seasons?  Cleveland is doomed with Dorsey as GM, Haslam as owner.