Salary Cap Freeze effective 4Pm today

Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’d have re-signed Jordan Phillips before the deadline.  Eat that contract this year 

I want the Bills to re-sign both Phillips and Lawson but I don't expect either to be resigned today. Assuming both players are happy being here and the numbers are acceptable to both sides I don't foresee a real problem either way.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, H2o said:

So we have the $$$ to sign Antonio Brown? 

Yup, just like last off-season.  But we still have the brains not to do it.

Does the $90M or so under the cap in 2020 I've seen on Spotrac already reflect the $26M carry-over?

4 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I want the Bills to re-sign both Phillips and Lawson but I don't expect either to be resigned today. Assuming both players are happy being here and the numbers are acceptable to both sides I don't foresee a real problem either way.

I want them both back also! Tre Whites option needs to be picked up also. Not sure where we are at with Hyde/Poyer but keeping them together for a few more years would be wise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup, just like last off-season.  But we still have the brains not to do it.

Does the $90M or so under the cap in 2020 I've seen on Spotrac already reflect the $26M carry-over?

Yes, which is why the Bills are listed as having around $200 million in 2021 cap space.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2021/

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We are continuing to reap the fruits of eating all that dead $$ up front in 2018 instead of trying to spread it out and continue FO mediocrity from previous regimes—we already cashed in some of those dividends this year with great results...

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2