Disputed -St. Doug to be fired after the season

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I suspect it was either Doug or a family member defending Doug stating Doug was ran out of town by the Bills and fans.

Ah.  I guess its possible.   This isn't to defend Marrone or anything but I remember reading a story that his kids were being bullied in school.  It's possible that played a part in him leaving.

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Ok. So you made it up. Thought so. Thank you for admitting it. 

This comment has been deleted.  

You will play nice in the sandbox or you’ll go the way of Chill/Torrey/RedandBlue/Boyd/Carter and all your other banned personality disfunctions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MJS said:

So I guess there's a chance the Jags might be good in a couple years. That's sad.

No , they still have Khan as their owner. I firmly believe ownership is key to winning, he may want to win but doesn't know how to go about it kind of like Schneider. Thank God we have Terry and he knows how to find good people and let them do their job. He was raw at first and it showed but he knew he had the right guy in McDermott and we are on our way.

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Ah.  I guess its possible.   This isn't to defend Marrone or anything but I remember reading a story that his kids were being bullied in school.  It's possible that played a part in him leaving.

That also happened to Mularkey’s kids. That’s not cool that idiot fans did that to the coaches kids. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

You will play nice in the sandbox or you’ll go the way of Chill/Torrey/RedandBlue/Boyd/Carter and all your other banned personality disfunctions.

Sorry but the misinformation here is just wrong. 

Imo

Hated the marrone hire. 
Hated his attitude with the media. 
Hated his gutless coaching style. 
Hated that he quit because we got stuck with Rex Ryan. 
I don’t blame him for taking his money. I just never liked anything about him. 
Pretty sure he’s done coaching at the pro level. That record is UGLY. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It’s hard to believe that all went down 5 years ago already.  Where does time go?

Perhaps not publicly but man to man he’d have to admit leaving the Bills was one of the worst professional decisions he made.  Considering how he handled it as well with the group text thing 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

No , they still have Khan as their owner. I firmly believe ownership is key to winning, he may want to win but doesn't know how to go about it kind of like Schneider. Thank God we have Terry and he knows how to find good people and let them do their job. He was raw at first and it showed but he knew he had the right guy in McDermott and we are on our way.

They did what everyone thought was right - bring in a VP of football operations.  I think he made a few mistakes in building the team (largely forgoing future for present success), but i also think keeping marrone wasn't the right move.  They did bring him in as an heir apparent behind bradley after he quit buffalo, but i thought Coughlin would bring a new level of prestige to a coaching search.  

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

Why fire Coughlin with two weeks left in the season?  Did they need his office for the Christmas party?

That whole thing about the NFLPA.  He was alienating players and kind of forced ownerships hand.

“In the last two years, more than 25% of grievances filed by players in the entire league have been filed against the Jaguars. You as players may want to consider this when you have a chance to select your next club.”

Edited by dneveu