Disputed -St. Doug to be fired after the season

Virgil

16 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Wait, this actually happened???

Someone was on here defending Doug big time after he opted out of his contract saying “Doug was ran out of town.” We all suspected it was either Doug or a family member.

Edited by Jerry Jabber
  • Like (+1) 2

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, the story goes that he had a dugout suite and those suites share a bathroom with the suite next to them (basically 2 suites have a common room where the bathrooms are). Marrone’s suite was one of them and the injured Packers were in the other. If I remember correctly there was some trash talk at some point and the Bills win the game. She mooned the suite next to them late in the game. Someone here told the story. I don’t know if it’s true or not but based on stories I heard about St. Doug I wouldn’t be surprised.

...Pegula DID offer him a four year, $19.6 mil extension......Doug said, "I'll get back to you" and did not...Pegs called him and Doug said "I'm shopping for my wife's Christmas gift and will get back to you"...he did not...next notice was resignation (Whaley & Brandon hated Marrone for his Patton like, militaristic style and wanting them in EVERY meeting..post camp meetings went to 9 or 10PM regularly)...Pegula summoned Whaley to Boca pronto...Brandon was already in West Palm Beach for the holidays....they met with Pegs on New Years Eve until 9+PM......TP was hamstrung.....Brandon and Whaley were under contract......fire them BOTH and as a neophyte Owner, he has no HC, GM or club Prez, a gutted organization............

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We did the same thing with Rex. 

RR “Are you going to fire me after Sunday’s game?”

T/KP: Yes!

RR: “then I quit!”

Mafia: “Bye, Felicia”

LOL that’s right.  I forgot about that.

Someone asked Benjamin Albright on Twitter that question.  He said it’s fairly common to let coaches know they will be fired on Black Monday ahead of time. It gives them a chance to say goodbye to players etc.

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Pegula DID offer him a four year, $19.6 mil extension......Doug said, "I'll get back to you" and did not...Pegs called him and Doug said "I'm shopping for my wife's Christmas gift and will get back to you"...he did not...next notice was resignation (Whaley & Brandon hated Marrone for his Patton like, militaristic style and wanting them in EVERY meeting..post camp meetings went to 9 or 10PM regularly)...Pegula summoned Whaley to Boca pronto...Brandon was already in West Palm Beach for the holidays....they met with Pegs on New Years Eve until 9+PM......TP was hamstrung.....Brandon and Whaley were under contract......fire them BOTH and as a neophyte Owner, he has no HC, GM or club Prez, a gutted organization............

To add an additional layer, it was rumored that when Pegula took over he knew there were some issues in the front office.  According to Vic Carucci (who is close with Polian), Terry planned to hire Bill Polian as a Football czar.  He had been taking with him for months.  

The rumor is that Polian had begun brainstorming a plan, and it involved Doug Marrone as HC and Kyle Orton as short term QB.  

But when Polian made it as a HOF finalist, Marrone quit, and Orton retired, his football czar backed out.  It really left Terry in a bad situation and he ended up trusting the very same people that he was trying to replace.  The result was Rex Ryan.  

36 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I wonder if St. Doug is on the Jags message board trying to defend himself like he did on here.

Are you serious Marrone posted at 2BD defending himself?  That’s hilarious I actually kind of love that I’d have loved to have read it and especially the replies oh my goodness ?

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Imagine that.  “Doug you’re fired.  Now let’s try to get a win on Sunday”

Which is why I’m not really buying the front office would announce that and then allow him on the sidelines to coach afterwards. It’s bad taste and bad karma moving forward that kind of a move would make their organization look Bush league and very unprofessional to any future candidates. 

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Are you serious Marrone posted at 2BD defending himself?  That’s hilarious I actually kind of love that I’d have loved to have read it and especially the replies oh my goodness ?

He’s not serious, obviously. Doug wouldn’t waste his time here. He doesn’t care of what people think of him. 

He’s a good coach and person. It was Ralph’s final major mistake.  

Edited by Kiva
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kiva said:

He’s not serious, obviously. Doug wouldn’t waste his time here. He doesn’t care of what people think of him. 

He’s a good coach and person. It was Ralph’s final major mistake.  

No, I’m dead serious. The level of Marrone’s insecurity is one for the record books. 

https://buffalonews.com/2016/11/25/marrone-week-full-story-doug-marrone-interrogating-reporter-airport-tweets-bills-jaguars/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Which is why I’m not really buying the front office would announce that and then allow him on the sidelines to coach afterwards. It’s bad taste and bad karma moving forward that kind of a move would make their organization look Bush league and very unprofessional to any future candidates. 

I doubt they announced it.  They must have had internal discussions that were leaked.  Now they're trying to do damage control.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry Jabber said:

No, I’m dead serious. The level of Marrone’s insecurity is one for the record books. 

https://buffalonews.com/2016/11/25/marrone-week-full-story-doug-marrone-interrogating-reporter-airport-tweets-bills-jaguars/

Where does it state that he posted at TBD as you claim?

oh right it doesn’t, just the sheep following the narrative. Think for yourself, don’t trust the media. 

Edited by Kiva

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

That is the worst kept secret on the planet.  If Caldwell survives, I can see him going after Rivera hard.  They have the players on defense for Rivera to make them playoff contenders like McD did for us.  If he brings Norv, is that the right call?  Honest question as I don’t know.

Always open to opinions.

Didn’t Caldwell go to high school with daboll? Don’t be shocked if daboll goes there should Caldwell survive.  

LAC is another potential daboll connection.  Telesco is a frannies guy, too, if memory serves. 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, frostbitmic said:

Same here ... Now he'll get his dream job and it'll mean Gase is out of the AFC East

We can only be so lucky.  The Jets just might realize that it's a mistake to hire another failed division rival's HC.  Just..might.