Sports Misery Index

Stads

9 minutes ago, Stads said:

ESPN has come out with a new ranking list: How miserable is each NFL fan base? They break it down according to five factors and the kicker of a "misery bonus".

Of course we're #1

Stads, you had me at “E-S-P-N”, the same guys who brought you this years’s likely coach of the year, Sean McDermott, as “the coach on the hottest seat in the nfl”...one year removed from the playoffs and doing a rebuild that they actually referenced in their press conferences.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I bet you won’t say it to ESPN’s face!

Oh, I think he would... ?

The most misery ridden 10-5 Playoff team ever... ??

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

#1 coming into this year is fair, but at the end of the year it is certainly odd. Not many other markets that have consistently been this bad over the last decade and not won any championships for 50+ years. We have never won a championship outside of the AFL. That counts for a lot. No one cares about sports like indoor lacrosse, so no those wins don’t count any more than who wins the Bull Riding Championships.

The Bills over-performed and should have bumped us down a few spots this year but I think many nationally might want to see them prove this wasn’t a one year fluke and that they won’t be 8-8 again next year. The Sabres could easily again be a bottom 5 lottery team. Our hockey team with Jack Eichel missing more than 7-10 games would be close to last IMO. 

I am not sure who the worse markets are, but as a Buffalo fan tried and true,  I am usually miserable. Thanks to the Bills for giving me hope that the future will be better, because the Sabres are one of sports worst franchises and it’s hard to watch Jack be wasted every year.

Edited by Locomark

15 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Gosh darn it ! Now outsiders will make fun of this and the weather here.

Time to dig up my "Buffalo's Talkin' Proud" memorabilia.

I'll show them ! I'll show them all !!!

Youll only show them if you walk the talkin’ proud walk.

Otherwise you’re just pretending.

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just show them your ‘Whammie Weenie’.  That ought to do it.

Oh yeah, that will help, too.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Just show them your ‘Whammie Weenie’.  That ought to do it.

Wasn't sure if that term was permissible.

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

Youll only show them if you walk the talkin’ proud walk.

Otherwise you’re just pretending.

Gotcha.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Stads said:

ESPN has come out with a new ranking list: How miserable is each NFL fan base? They break it down according to five factors and the kicker of a "misery bonus".

Of course we're #1

....they need to hire Whoopi and Behar for "SportsCenter"............RIP Tom Mees.......it's gone to the dogs........wonder where we'd rank in the "Sports Resiliency Index"?...naw..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

6 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

The Browns were practically crowned as Super Bowl champs before the season started and ended up looking not much better than most Browns teams in recent memory.  I think their misery is a tad bit higher right now.

Yeah, the Bills should definitely be in the top 3 but given the Bills' recent success and the fact that the Browns haven't made the playoffs in 17 years (and only once since their team came back) I'd go with the Browns on this one.

For the team with the most miserable fan base I feel pretty F'n happy right now and was ecstatic two seasons ago.

• Like (+1) 1